Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car puncture repair in cork city

Options
  • 05-01-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to get a slow puncture fixed, the last time I went to a place in turners cross they charged me 12 euro which I thought was ridiculous, anyone know of a reasonable price around d city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

There's a place on Henry St, off Grattan St, next to the Mercy Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Head from town to the centre park road. Take either the second or third left (sorry, can't remember exactly). Small bit down on the right is the tyre garage that used to be on the link at the petrol station. I was there about a month ago. 7 Euros for a puncture repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Treadwell Tyres, next to Right Price Tiles/McCarthy Motorpoint on Lower Glanmire road (before train station heading out of town).

021 450 9944

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Dessies tyres behind the Maxol in Blackpool. Can't remember how much but think it's around €7/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

Just to share my experience. Last week (end of December 08) I had to go to puncture repair in Limerick City (Pitstop). The man in the Pitstop told me that cost of puncture repair is 15 euro. Last time I didn't repair my tyre but I bought new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

There's a place on Henry St, off Grattan St, next to the Mercy Hospital.
    +1

Cheap and good. I think it's called Corbett's. Last time I was there I dropped it in and went for a coffee in Curran's and called back 30 minutes later to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

10-15euro is the norm. Had fair few punctures in the last year or two and been to a few places and its always around the that mark and done in 15minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭corkfella

thanks for the reply guys, I'm from north cork originally and normally get it fixed up there for 7/8 euro I just find 12/15 euro a bit pricey for what essentially is a 10 minute job, its good to shop around lads isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Nukem wrote: »
    10-15euro is the norm. Had fair few punctures in the last year or two and been to a few places and its always around the that mark and done in 15minutes

Too expensive. And no need for a 30 min wait. Its a 3 min job. 7 euro max and no wait. Better still go to that place next to the south infirmary (can't remember the name dammit) and pick up a repair kit for a tenner. Bunch of plugs and the tool to get them in. Pop to the nearest garage to inflate. Bobs yer uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Bumpetty bump. Anyone know if there's a puncture repair place that would be open out of hours? i.e. Sunday or weekday evenings. Unlikely I know, but I'd prefer to get it fixed ASAP rather than chance driving around without a spare til late next week when I might be able to grab half an hour away from work...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

IIRC Dessies Tyres are open Sunday and late evenings..

I seem to remember getting a battery there on a Sunday

Thanks! I'll ring in the morning

Just for the benefit of anyone Reading this who needs a puncture fixed on a Sunday morning, I got mine done at Dessies today. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Advertisement