Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray identified as among the most littered of 55 towns surveyed

Options
  • 05-01-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Howth ranked as cleanest town in 2008 litter survey

printer.gif Print [URL="javascript:document.EmailPlus2.subject.value=document.EmailPlus2.subject.value.replace(/\s+/g,'%20');document.EmailPlus2.description.value='<h3>'+document.EmailPlus2.title.value+'</h3><br/>'+document.EmailPlus2.description.value+'...';%20document.EmailPlus2.submit();"]email.gif Email+[/URL] add.gif Share
    05/01/2009 - 12:56:46
    Howth in north Co Dublin has been ranked as the cleanest town in the country in the latest survey by the Irish Business Against Litter organisation.

The town has topped the organisation's annual litter league ahead of Fermoy, Cavan, Sligo and Dungarvan.

Elsewhere, Galway has been ranked as the cleanest city in Ireland, with Limerick and Waterford also meeting European cleanliness standards.

Dublin, meanwhile, has been classified as moderately littered, while Cork city is classified as significantly littered.

Cobh, Tullamore and Bray have been identified as the most littered of the 55 towns included in the survey.

I have for over 2 years being reporting a property to the council and to the local Sinn Fein and Green Party. The property in question is private owned but does not have secure fencing and attracts illegal dumping. Have I gotten anywhere. NO :mad: Where else should I raise this issue??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thread title cleaned up. Edit - and I would have still done the same if I didn't live in Bray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

eoin wrote: »
    Thread title cleaned up.

I was angry. This past few weeks over the Christmas period the areas in and around the Boghall Road have been shocking. The people about here have no respect for the place. Maddening :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Deadeyes

Hardly a surprise, especially around Henry and Roses on a Sat/Sun morning. No doubt the council will complain about the survey being unfair and not a true indication... blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    I have for over 2 years being reporting a property to the council and to the local Sinn Fein and Green Party. The property in question is private owned but does not have secure fencing and attracts illegal dumping. Have I gotten anywhere. NO :mad: Where else should I raise this issue??

Try contacting The WicklowTimes. The owner is obsessed with illegal dumping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

eoin wrote: »
    Thread title cleaned up.
    Pardon the pun! :D

Whatever about illegal dumping around Bray, the litter management seems to be non existent on weekends and bank holidays.

It would seem that anytime I go for a walk on the promenade the bins are all full to overflowing with no sign of anyone to empty them. I know responsible folk would take their litter with them if a bin was full, but from my experience it would seem that most will try stuff their litter in and if it falls back out then at least they tried!

• Advertisement

Splendour wrote: »
    Try contacting The WicklowTimes. The owner is obsessed with illegal dumping...

Might just try that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It would seem that anytime I go for a walk on the promenade the bins are all full to overflowing with no sign of anyone to empty them. I know responsible folk would take their litter with them if a bin was full, but from my experience it would seem that most will try stuff their litter in and if it falls back out then at least they tried!
    Maybe these are the answer (if they aren't vandalized first, that is!) ...

http://www.braypeople.ie/news/big-belly-bins-use-sunlight-to-gobble-up-rubbish-1585515.html

Alun wrote: »
    Maybe these are the answer (if they aren't vandalized first, that is!) ...

http://www.braypeople.ie/news/big-belly-bins-use-sunlight-to-gobble-up-rubbish-1585515.html

Its a shame they dont make compacters for the house waste wheelie bin. Would save a fortune :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Its a shame they dont make compacters for the house waste wheelie bin. Would save a fortune :D
    They do, they're called feet :D

Alun wrote: »
    They do, they're called feet :D

True :D Just font try it in this cold weather as the plastic will split easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Bizzarely I saw the Council out cleaning up Bray Main St. at 8am on Christmas morning!

Bizzarely I saw the Council out cleaning up Bray Main St. at 8am on Christmas morning!

Santa's elf's was it :rolleyes: The town may get the odd sweep but the estates are mank :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

meh i'm not that fussed tbh.

i'm rarely out in bray, and if i am it's just to tesco's for shopping. bray is basically just my bed and i commute to dublin everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

down the beach by the amusements gets filthy with fast food wrappers... wyh dont the vendors down there have to take some responsibility (henry & rose too)... the 1 bin does be full in no time and the council workers work at the quiet times..

i always thought boghall looks pretty good & green these days... where you talkin bout.. down around oldcourt & centra? thats a bit kippy alright

Craft25 wrote: »
    down the beach by the amusements gets filthy with fast food wrappers... wyh dont the vendors down there have to take some responsibility (henry & rose too)... the 1 bin does be full in no time and the council workers work at the quiet times..

i always thought boghall looks pretty good & green these days... where you talkin bout.. down around oldcourt & centra? thats a bit kippy alright

Have you seen the state of Ballywaltrim by the fire station and down by the Southern Cross Business park and the playing fields and greens around Deerpark :mad:

Advertisement