Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claremorris - amenities and stuff

• 05-01-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

am prob moving to Claremorris in the next few months. looking at gaff's on the ballinrobe side of town. mayfields estate is top of list at moment.
    question i have for residents of claremorris is in relation to what is available in town.
    is ntl there and if so is it digital, is there decent broadband there either eircom or ntl.
    soccer and or astroturf. be interested in getting game when down so whats available. 5 a side cage is what i doing at the moment so something like that be good.
    or anything you would like to add please.

cheers for your help
    P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭urranger

pzer wrote: »
    Hi

am prob moving to Claremorris in the next few months. looking at gaff's on the ballinrobe side of town. mayfields estate is top of list at moment.
    question i have for residents of claremorris is in relation to what is available in town.
    is ntl there and if so is it digital, is there decent broadband there either eircom or ntl.
    soccer and or astroturf. be interested in getting game when down so whats available. 5 a side cage is what i doing at the moment so something like that be good.
    or anything you would like to add please.

cheers for your help
    P
    Unfortunately NTL is not available in Claremorris yet but broadband is available through Eircom etc. The local soccer club have an Astroturf and regularly run leagues. They rent it out to groups as well, so I'm sure you could easily join in. There's also the new Tennis courts opened last year and a new swimming pool and Gym opening in 2009.
    Anything else??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Lovely golf course in Claremorris

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

Sounds good to me so far. I am guessing the locals would recommend the town then. Whats the night life like and is there some decent restaurants to tuck into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

There's a few.
    Old arch is good, Ellie Mcguires (I think) is in Balindine few mins down the road.
    there's 3 chinese resturants to argue over
    1 indian..
    1 italian..
    Heap of takaways..
    Pubs galore..

I doubt you'd go hungry!

Advertisement