Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend carries condoms...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I have a measuring tape in my bag.

Is it because I've just moved house and want to be able to measure every piece of furniture or item of window dressing I see?

Or, is it because I want to be able to measure the penis of the man I'm cheating with so I can record it in my log book?

<__<
    >__>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In fairness I didnt give them to her...but its interesting to note that she would have issues with me carrying them around...

Did she steal them then?
    They are actually mine from a pack I bought about 18 months ago and before I met her. I teased her about why she would carry them as we do not use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'm surprised this hasn't been said, but you shouldn't use those condoms. In all likely hood two single loose condoms, in a typical woman's handbag for 18 months, have been damaged. What with the constant rubbing up against other objects like rosary beads and knitting needles in the hand bag. For the same reason you shouldn't carry them in a wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,619 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is it because I've just moved house and want to be able to measure every piece of furniture or item of window dressing I see?

Or, is it because I want to be able to measure the penis of the man I'm cheating with so I can record it in my log book?

<__<
    >__>

I'd say the log book would cause more of a worry than the tape measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Boston wrote: »
    I'm surprised this hasn't been said, but you shouldn't use those condoms. In all likely hood two single loose condoms, in a typical woman's handbag for 18 months, have been damaged. What with the constant rubbing up against other objects like rosary beads and knitting needles in the hand bag. For the same reason you shouldn't carry them in a wallet.

has been said but should be emphasised :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

<__<
    >__>

That's all very well and it would appear that the first option would be the obvious choice seeing that measuring furniture etc would be a normal use for most people with a measuring tape.

However, condoms only have one use for the OP's GF whether it be with the OP or someone else.

So I guess what I'm saying is from your analogy it would be safe to assume that you want to measure furniture as it is the obvious choice. Likewise the obvious choice for the OP is that she intends for them to be used and from what he has stated, she is unlikely to be going places or going out with other people that would need them.

Also her lack of response to the question considering she is in her thirties and presumably has some level of maturity would be a concern. If there was a legitimate reason, I would expect a mature 30 something year old to say simply, "I have the condoms in case i forget my pill" or whatever else the reason may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭smileykey

Dude, she's had condoms in her bag for 18 months and hasn't ha reason to use them. If there was 2, then 1 and then none I'd worry but since they're still there I reckon you're safe enough.

As for the whole "would a woman carry around a condom is she had no intention of using it?" question that you appear to be implicitly asking the answer is yes. I'm a lesbian, in a committed relationship who has never used a condom and yet I often carry them around, right beside the plasters in my wallet. Because, like the plasters, I may never need them, but there's always going to be someone out there who does and I've often had to give them to people. In fact, no condom has ever gone out of date in my wallet they're given out so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

smileykey wrote: »
    Dude, she's had condoms in her bag for 18 months and hasn't ha reason to use them. If there was 2, then 1 and then none I'd worry but since they're still there I reckon you're safe enough.

Has anybody actually read what the OP has posted, He bought the condoms 18 months ago, he hadn't even met his present girlfriend at the time.
    The condoms are in her bag for only a few weeks.
    She has a problem with him carrying condoms, but doesn't even bother to offer an explanation as to why she is carrying them, if it's as perfectly innocent as most people here seem to think it is, ( and it certainly could be ) why not just explain the situation properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

If that was me I would not be happy, if she had shrugged it off and told you they were there from ages ago and hadn't bothered to take them out I could except that but she didn't, why?

Defo something suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

If that was me I would not be happy, if she had shrugged it off and told you they were there from ages ago and hadn't bothered to take them out I could except that but she didn't, why?

Defo something suspicious.

Well thats what I am concerned about...I cant go throwing accusations around..seriously I am going to mark the condoms with some highlighter very subtly and check back in a few weeks..but it really isnt good if I'm having to do that in a relationship..

I dont think she is cheating or wants to..but I'm sure everyone says that dont they??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

I am thinking of marking them with some sort of invisible ink and checking every few weeks to see it the same ones are still there..lol..or expertly putting chilly pepper under the foil...:P:P

Open the packets real careful like, and write 'HOW COULD YOU?!' on the condoms, then roll them back up and re-seal them into the packets. Alternatively, you could just draw a big scary face on there, so it'd expand when it was put on.

Don't forget you did it and use the condom though.... you'd give yourself a terrible fright.... :eek:

If she was cheating or had the intention of cheating, I don't think she'd be careless enough to leave them in her bag, and then ask you to get something from it.... just doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Although they are probably there because she hasn't cleaned her bag, I would be worried if you saw them in there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

I have been with my girlfriend for over a year and she is on the pill. I see her every weekend. During Xmas I was with her and getting keys out of her handbag (at her request) and I saw that she had two condoms in her bag (unopened for you smartasses).

They are actually mine from a pack I bought about 18 months ago and before I met her. I teased her about why she would carry them as we do not use them.

She lauged it off and in truth gave me no plausible explanation. I didnt dwell on it as I didnt want any arguments during xmas. She admitted that she would be concerned if I was carrying them around.

What shoud I think of this?

It's very strange as i'm sure she doesn't even have a penis!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So unless you have a penis you should be carrying condoms ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Thaedydal wrote: »
    So unless you have a penis you should be carrying condoms ?

Sorry mod was being light hearted - as in the joke about the 3 guys talking about their wives. Mine brought home 3 bottles of wine from hols and she doesn't even drink. Mine brought home 200 cigarettes and she doesn't even smoke. That's nothing, mine went with 30 condoms and she doesn't even have a penis!!:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Errr.... if they've been there for 18 months she's hardly using them!!

I have a lighter in my car..... I don't smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Errr.... if they've been there for 18 months she's hardly using them!!

I have a lighter in my car..... I don't smoke.

Would think the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 joeybarton=hero

shes using them for water balloon fights !!! or else possibly cheating or a just incase situation arises !! best advice is if it bothers u enough to post on boards just ask her why!!! prob a genuine reason !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

This is a bit of an extreme case, and is an exception for the most part;

But a mate of mine caught his girlfriend out cheating in a similar scenario a few months back (she was not on the pill, and carried 2 condoms around in her purse). The individual foil packaging always seemed to look very new, and not worn at all, despite being there a few weeks/months sometimes cause he generally had that end of things covered. He decided to put a black dot from a permanent marker on the back of both individual condom wrappers...and well you can probably guess the rest next time he checked them.

Prob not a cause to be paranoid tho, this girl was a bitch.

EDIT:
    seriously I am going to mark the condoms with some highlighter very subtly and check back in a few weeks.

Didn't actually see this before my post - Must be a standard approach! Use perm marker tho, just a dot, highlighter is crap and wont take to the foil.

Advertisement