Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Questions

• 05-01-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Im going to buy an Xbox 360 in the next day or 2, theres a deal in GameStop where you get a 360 with a hard drive, extra controller and 3 or 4 games for around 270-280 - this seems like a pretty good deal to me but is it the best out there?

Im not a big gamer or anything so I dont know what exactly I can do with the Xbox besides play games? Heres a few questions I have.....
    1. Can you use it to surf the internet?
    2. Can I put MP3's on it and listen to them in games?
    3. Can you use MSN on it?
    4. What can you do with Xbox Live and how much does it cost? (I'm getting PGR4 and Ive heard that you can download new cars?)

My house has a wireless broadband connection so what else do I have to do to get Xbox Live? Is it like paying monthly?

Any help appreciated lads :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

tdc wrote: »
    Im going to buy an Xbox 360 in the next day or 2, theres a deal in GameStop where you get a 360 with a hard drive, extra controller and 3 or 4 games for around 270-280 - this seems like a pretty good deal to me but is it the best out there?

Im not a big gamer or anything so I dont know what exactly I can do with the Xbox besides play games? Heres a few questions I have.....
    4. What can you do with Xbox Live and how much does it cost? (I'm getting PGR4 and Ive heard that you can download new cars?)

My house has a wireless broadband connection so what else do I have to do to get Xbox Live? Is it like paying monthly?

Any help appreciated lads :)
      NO, The Xbox doesn't have a integrated web browser
      You can Rip music to the hard drive from CDs, also supports my ipod to listen to music
      Yes, it comes with MSN messenger support which can be activated
      Basicly game online, access to demos, etc.. Afaik you can download live arcade games or DLC without having a gold sub, but you need gold to play online, also you can get 13 month subs for live on ebay, new xboxes come with one month free gold live but make sure you register for live on the console!
    Hope this helps

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MondaysSuck

how much do the 13 month subs cost.

how much do the 13 month subs cost.
    Around €35 m8, just have to search on ebay for them, the regular 12 month from microsoft costs €60, and doesn't come with the extra month

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MondaysSuck

yoyo wrote: »
    Around €35 m8, just have to search on ebay for them, the regular 12 month from microsoft costs €60, and doesn't come with the extra month

Nick
    how come they are halkf the price on ebay. i thaught things like this microsoft set the prices.

how come they are halkf the price on ebay. i thaught things like this microsoft set the prices.

There a special "Halo 3" edition afaik, and they are legit as I've had mine for 13 months in february the 1st it expires so does work :)

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Thanks for the quick reply Nick, very helpful and I really appreciate it.

So is the wireless broadband connection enough to download cars on PGR4 or will have to get some kind of subscription?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Well unless you use a cable to hook the xbox up to your router, you will need a wireless adaptor for the xbox with is sold on its own. Then once you get online you auto get a silver xbox live membership which allows you to do everything (download demos,game add-ons etc.) apart from play games online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

segasega wrote: »
    Well unless you use a cable to hook the xbox up to your router, you will need a wireless adaptor for the xbox with is sold on its own. Then once you get online you auto get a silver xbox live membership which allows you to do everything (download demos,game add-ons etc.) apart from play games online.

Thanks, any idea where I can get a wirelss router and how much they cost?

yoyo wrote: »
      NO, The Xbox doesn't have a integrated web browser

This has always struck me as odd, that they havent put a bug filled version of internet explorer in there. Is there any reason they haven't or is there plans to do so in the future.

Well you have a wireless router I take it...its the wireless adaptor for the 360 oyu want. You can get them in gam,gamestop,hmv etc. Usually about 60-70 euro. You can look around online and you might get one cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Zavii have 10 % off everything at the moment so get one in there if not online!

make the leap get an xbox its a flawed masterpiece of machine and xbox live is nearly a platform of its own these days ! well worth the cheap price and the wireless option works great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Cheapest I've found it online is £48.89 delivered from MX2.

As for the sub - I bought from jasper1675 when he was on eBay, but he's his own site now. The codes are emailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Game are selling wireless adaptors for 50 quid. Be warned tho.... If you don't have a decent signal, you will be screwed. Playing halo is not fun anymore. It tends to laaaaggggg like nothing I've ever seen, meaning people don't even respawn, or respawn outside the map!

However, your house is all shiney and cable free!!!

Advertisement