Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortune Teller in Bundoran

Options
  • 05-01-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Im just wondering if anyone can give me any details about an elderly lady called Maggie who used to read tea leaves in the caravan park in Bundoran. Most of her predictions have come true and I am now in the middle of something that she said would happen and would love to have another reading. Any details would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MissLe

I remember a woman from Ballyshannon called Maggie Burke that used to read tea leaves. Don't know if its the same woman but it could be as Ballyshannon and Bundoran are so close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lexsis35

I know the woman you are talking about, actually I have a no. for her but I dont want to post online, I will send it private msg to you. I have to say everything that she told me came to pass - and everything she told me about my past and childhood was bang on. And I know how to display the poker face, but she barely looked at me, just at the cards and once or twice around the room or over my shoulder. I like Maggie - not a typical reader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

lexsis35 wrote: »
    I have to say everything that she told me came to pass - and everything she told me about my past and childhood was bang on.

Ah come on, now, have ye never heard of cold reading? And eye contact is not necessary. Do you really believe this Maggie has supernatural powers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Everything she told the friends was spot on.About there kids and all.She seems to be geniune in fairness.

For the doubters,I suppose you have to try these things for yourselfs.

She seems to be geniune in fairness.

She sounds like a genuine fortune teller alright. Hate to burst the bubble but have a look at this.

Still, if it's just for a bit of fun and a good night, there's no harm in it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

For anyone into anagrams. "fortune teller" can be >>>>>

nut foreteller

or

lone flutterer

or even

foreteller nut

cold reader - no, definitely not, have encountered plenty of them, when i say she told me things from my past, Im talking about experiences(not failed love either) from childhood that no one knew - actual descriptions of area etc.
    people - if this is not your type of thing then it's just not - this lady has worked with the garda to find missing people - she is not the usual "fortune teller" but again if it's not your thing or you don't believe in readers or seers then thats ok but don't put someone else's beliefs down because you just sound conceited and kinda obnoxious and I'm sure you're neither.

but again if it's not your thing or you don't believe in readers or seers then thats ok but don't put someone else's beliefs down because you just sound conceited and kinda obnoxious and I'm sure you're neither.
    I dont know who that comment is directed at but everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is no need to level accusations such as that at anyone posting here.

cold reader - no, definitely not.

Well, maybe she's a hot reader as well? The only other explanation is that she actually read your mind? The simpler explanation is always more likely to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

extopia wrote: »
    Well, maybe she's a hot reader as well? The only other explanation is that she actually read your mind? The simpler explanation is always more likely to be true.

Could someone ask her for Sat nights Lotto numbers and whoever posts here can have a share in it:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The BBC showed a great documentary a few years ago, they got 4 or 5 very intelligent, well educated people (1 judge, 1 doctor etc) who didn't believe in fortune tellers.
    They took them into a "reading" and each one of them came out amazed at how accurate the teller was and each person said they were told information about their past that no one else could have known. These people were now convinced that fortune telling wasn't a scam until at the very end when the "fortune teller" came out and explained that he was only a psychologist and that it is easy to pick out general information that can relate (and be adapted) to anyone.
    If a person believes in fortune telling anyway then the teller doesn't even need to be that good as the person will adapt the information being given into their life story.

This was an interesting post recently down in the Wexford forum

muffler wrote: »
    I dont know who that comment is directed at but everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is no need to level accusations such as that at anyone posting here.

I wish to disperse any feelings of resentment - I wasn't aiming my "sounding obnoxious and conceited" comment at anyone in particular - please note - I finished that with "I'm sure you're neither" also it was not an accusation - in your words - it was an opinion coming from me, I was not calling anybody any names or trying to insult anyone. It was only an opinion on my part. there was absolutely no need to get ones pants in a twist and issue an infraction. I meant no frigging harm or malice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

if "everyone is entitled to an opinion',why did u come on 2 this thread hamming down some lark bout unfavourable anagrams of the term 'fortune teller' ? Sure,what use is that to the OP ? and then u go and 'report' someones post that rubs ur ball and chain up da wrong way and they get landed an infraction. The word 'LIVE' is an anagram of EVIL, but u dont see me hopping fences like a bulldog wit a wasp's nest n his mouth 2 post on threads that feature living people, people talkin about their lifestyles, 'I love life' threads , and whatever else has 2 do with life, living,or being alive

if "everyone is entitled to an opinion',why did u come on 2 this thread hamming down some lark bout unfavourable anagrams of the term 'fortune teller' ? Sure,what use is that to the OP ? and then u go and 'report' someones post that rubs ur ball and chain up da wrong way and they get landed an infraction. The word 'LIVE' is an anagram of EVIL, but u dont see me hopping fences like a bulldog wit a wasp's nest n his mouth 2 post on threads that feature living people, people talkin about their lifestyles, 'I love life' threads , and whatever else has 2 do with life, living,or being alive
    Dont try to derail this thread with your rants and maybe take a minute to read the forum charter regarding this point and also read up on the point of arguing with a mod on thread. Use the PM function or take it to the help desk if you find something that is not to your pleasing.

Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Dont try to derail this thread with your rants and maybe take a minute to read the forum charter regarding this point and also read up on the point of arguing with a mod on thread. Use the PM function or take it to the help desk if you find something that is not to your pleasing.

Back on topic please.

She dident see this coming I bet:pac::D

we were on topic when i got bitch slapped with an infraction, it was my opinion that maggie was a good medium & I became the target of unwarranted piss taking & ridiculed for my beliefs.

I can see bans being handed out for off topic posts despite the warning already given. But I can change the future here.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement