Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber

Options
  • 05-01-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Would anyone have the contact info for a plumber in the Greystones area, preferably one who has done good work in the Charlesland estate?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

I was just about to post asking for a plumber. We had one guy out to the house (in Charlesland); he turned up in tiny shorts and a beard down to his waist. He told us it would take him a day to do what I know could be done in 20 minutes and I reckon he was over-pricing us because we weren't talking to him as Gaeilge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you get a good recommendation can you let me or Mike know, and we will update the handy numbers thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I was just about to post asking for a plumber. We had one guy out to the house (in Charlesland); he turned up in tiny shorts and a beard down to his waist. He told us it would take him a day to do what I know could be done in 20 minutes and I reckon he was over-pricing us because we weren't talking to him as Gaeilge.

Christ. Well hopefully we can track down somebody a little more professional.
    eoin wrote: »
    If you get a good recommendation can you let me or Mike know, and we will update the handy numbers thread?

Sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sparkle1

Give Fred Mohr a shout on 0873290400. He should be able to resolve it.
    He works in a neighbouring development.
    We rang him on Sat morning and he was out within 1hr. Absolutely brilliant, saved us a fortune by fixing the shower pump instead of us having to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

I can recommend a plumber from Bray called Shane Manning - his number is 087-6577249. He did some work for me recently - price and quality of work was excellent

Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

I was recommended Greystones Plumbing & Heating in Kilcoole. They're a Father and Son company (both called Aiden). I found them very good. Subsequent to me using them I found at later my neighbours have used them and they did a good job there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

micandre wrote: »
    I was recommended Greystones Plumbing & Heating in Kilcoole. They're a Father and Son company (both called Aiden). I found them very good. Subsequent to me using them I found at later my neighbours have used them and they did a good job there as well.

This is who we went with in the end. He came over on Thursday to take a look at the problem. He came back on today (Saturday) and fixed it. Very nice guy and very reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gerryfitz

Hi has anyone the name of a good plumber rasonable as far as price is concerned to call and give an estimate to fit a new Gas Boiler (as existing one is goosed)...Bray co wicklow area...Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

gerryfitz wrote: »
    Hi has anyone the name of a good plumber rasonable as far as price is concerned to call and give an estimate to fit a new Gas Boiler (as existing one is goosed)...Bray co wicklow area...Thanks

Whoever you get make sure they are registered with the RGII. Indeed if you look at their website they have alist of all registered gas installers. Gas is too dangerous to take chances with flaky installations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lori13

COR heating and plumbing. Based in bray but works all over south Dublin and north wicklow. One man operation. Over 20 years in business. RGI and SEAI approved. Very good rates and excellent work. You won't find a better plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lori13

Eoin wrote: »

See post above. COR heating & plumbing. Based in bray. The best around. RGI and SEAI approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gerryfitz

Cheers and thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snowman224

micandre wrote: »

Bad experience with this guys before.
    Told me I needed an entire new boiler. (€700 + fitting...) without actually trying to fix it at all.

Got another guy out. Turned out it was just part of the motor stuck.
    Fixed in around 5 minutes for a fraction of the above quote.

This was a few years back so maybe they've improved but once burnt...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rosicky

We have had a similar problem to what others had in the thread related to boiler pressure dropping, this has been ongoing for months we thankfully got this sorted however whilst this occurred our pump a stuart turner also stopped working. We had terrible problems firstly trying to get someone to come out especially at a weekend. However I can report that Paul from Dublin Pumps came out within a moment was able to access that it was the circuit board that needed replacing. This was done promptly along with a technical insight into the pump and we now have a working shower for the first time in 2 months. I can highly recommend Dublin pumps they are based in North Dublin but are open to coming to Greystones as we can now vouch for. Heres his number should anyone have pump or other plumbing issues 0861027894 :)

Advertisement