Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero euro on Xmas gift voucher!!

Options
  • 05-01-2009 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hey People,

I bought my mam a gift voucher from one of the high street clothes stores as a christmas present and today she went to spend it. When she got to the till she was mortified as they said it had no money on it.

My mam immediately rang me and I went into mission mode to find the receipt. fortunately i knew i had kept all the xmas receipts together but i had just binned them the other day. Thus i end up having to go through the wheelie bin with my hands.

Now my question is, should I be entitled to some sort of compensation or discount due to the inconvience that was caused by a member of staff not handling the sale correctly..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Probably not.
    It was a card, not a voucher? Vouchers has amount printed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Do you deserve it....yes

Will you get it............no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

No compo , sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

No, but that would have been a real money saver this xmas had you mentioned it earlier. Give everyone worthless gift vouchers and hope that they are too embarrassed to say anything

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

...i dunno, but you should certainly wash your hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Did you get it sorted in the end, the store involved should def. be able to rectify it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

biko wrote: »
    Consumer Issues Forum tbh.

FYP;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It was a card right?

Surely they can check if purchases had been made with the card, if not then it's obvious the money wasn't put on the card and you should be able to get the amount back on the card

FYP;)
    Nah, I only get upset over Dublin posts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

It was a card right?

Surely they can check if purchases had been made with the card, if not then it's obvious the money wasn't put on the card and you should be able to get the amount back on the card

Yeah, but you can go into shops like M&S and Next and pick up as many blank cards as you like, because they are on display so the customer can choose the card's design. So having a blank card with no purchases doesn't automatically mean there was once credit available on it previously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

I've found the receipt from the bin, and washed my hands countless times.. lol

The gift card number is on the receipt so it can be verified from there, which is fine I am happy enough recieving the amount i paid for.

I just didn't want to walk in to the store tomorrow and loose out on any sort of compo if i was entitled to it..

If it was a one4all card you can check its history here
    https://gvs.prepaideurope.com/content/portlet/gvs/login.html
    You need card in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

the EXACT same thing happened to me in Office on henry st. i bought the card off my mate cos i knew i wanted runners,got to the till to be told that the 30 quid was not on it. I immediately rang my mate,who luckily found the receipt stragiht away, texted me all the details and i gave them to the girl at the till.after spending my whole lunch hour in the shop they FINALLY agreed to deliver them to me in work(down the road).the sales girl who offered was brilliant,bent over backwards for me,while the supervisor fella couldn't have cared less. when they traced the transaction it turned out that the MANAGER had uploaded the credit to the wrong person's card!!!talk about careless!i got a sum off my runners in the end.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

compensation for what exactly?...a simple admin error that any human could make? your kidding me right

Just get the voucher amount sorted and be happy you found the receipt.

Advertisement