Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT stable connection problems

Options
  • 05-01-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm with BT and have been having problems with my connection since 23rd December.

What happens is when I boot up my PC and router I have a connection to the internet and it works fine. After about 20 mins online my connection will drop and I can't access the internet or router config page. Once I turn the router off and on again I can get a connection for anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes before the same happens again.

All the lights on the BT Voyager 2110 still appear on. That is power, ethernet, DSL, Internet and Wireless.

I rang up BT so many times at this stage and have tried everything they suggested.
    My ethernet cable was too long so went with a wireless connection :rolleyes:
    I wasn't on the main phone socket so I changed it to the main phone socket
    My cables may have been faulty so I replaced all the cables
    My network card may be faulty so I brought my pc to my brothers house and connected to his broadband (Eircom) for 4 hours with absolutely no issues

I have tried wireless and wired since this issue. On my last call to BT they suggested a new modem. They only sent the last one in early December. After that they will book a call out.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can try out before I get to that point?

Comments

Advertisement