Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hornby DCC question

Options
  • 05-01-2009 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to run/ convert standard Bachmann class 20's to run with a hornby DCC track setup?

Its this one link and similar in rail freight yellow and grey.

I'll have to double check this is the model i have but essentially is Bachmann DCC compatible with Hornby DCC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

72 looks and no reply, anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I'm guessin no-one on here knows, I'm just guessing but as it states

DCC Decoders for this item:
    Bachmann DCC Decoders (Any or multiple scales)
    Gaugemaster Controls DCC Decoders (Any or multiple scales)
    Hornby Model Railways DCC Decoders (OO Scale (1:76th scale))

on the link you supplied I would guess that it probably does

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

not a lover of dcc but i'd agree going by the link you have.have you tried phoning hattons or graham's toymaster for advice.sorry i can't be more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

bugsntinas wrote: »
    not a lover of dcc

Why not, any particular reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

Why not, any particular reason?

i suppose a couple of reasons one being the expense and the other i'm not very technically minded and with the decoders needing programming and stuff it's a little over my head i'm affraid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Is it possible to run/ convert standard Bachmann class 20's to run with a hornby DCC track setup?
    .... but essentially is Bachmann DCC compatible with Hornby DCC?

I don't use Hornby, or Bachmann.
    However (to me) it's this basic question: are they both Lenz compatible?
    If they are not, and you have not already committed yourself, don't buy into a proprietary DCC system that is less than the industry standard.
    Ask a dealer for each make that question, and don't bother asking them about the other make, which they won't want to answer anyway.
    Then buy Lenz. :)

Advertisement