Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Dublin 1

Options
  • 05-01-2009 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for somewhere to park my car in the D1 area. I live in an apt block where the underground parking is €150 per month!!

Does anyone know where I can park for a reasonable cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking for somewhere to park my car in the D1 area. I live in an apt block where the underground parking is €150 per month!!

Does anyone know where I can park for a reasonable cost?

Thanks.

Holy crap, that's scandalous! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There's free on-street parking on the North Wall Quay (near the Point Depot) and all along Sheriff Street (although Upper Sheriff Street would be more desireable).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oriel St, it's free and in theory it's safe due to the heavy garda presence.
    So around there or maybe up by Docklands Station.

You have lots of options but of course, it could all be gone by 8am

Sell the car and you park your new motorbike for free in your carpark :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

Where is Oriel St?
    And I can leave car parked there all the time?

Where is Oriel St?
    And I can leave car parked there all the time?
    It's behind Connolly Station, off Sheriff Street Lower. It wouldn't be the most salubrious area to leave a car (hence the reason that's it's free).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dublin 1 is a big area. No point parking on Orial Street if you are living somewhere like Parnell Street or something. talk to other residents and the managment company about the parking fee too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Yeah more information on where abouts? Loads of free parking near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

I live in Bachelor Walk. Management have quoted €200 a month to park!! Crazy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Oriel street would be asking for trouble., you could always park on buckingham street/empress place?

theres loads of free parking there and the area isnt the worst.,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I live in Bachelor Walk. Management have quoted €200 a month to park!! Crazy!

Pretty standard for city centre.

Strongly doubt there is any free parking anywhere within 20mins walk of Batchelors Walk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I lived in Bachelor's Walk when it was first built, and the car park spaces were bought along with the apartments. Have the management company bought back these assets now? Seems like a strange thing for management company to have an interest in. Having said that, €150-200 seems about what would be charged in such a central area. Have you checked to see what Drury St and Stephen's Green car parks charge per month?

I lived in Bachelor's Walk when it was first built
    I've contacted the Discovery Channel. They're very interested. You must be at least 250 years old and still able to post on boards.ie! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Ah but back then I would have been living on Bachelor's Walk, not in it. The in option only came about courtesy of Zoe Developments. Better cancel that call:p

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

Speaking of parking, is there such a thing as a parking map of Dublin, showing free parking, limited (Sat & Sun), car parks etc etc

Bit of an ordeal to create but very handy to have I imagine.

Advertisement