Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about exam results.

Options
  • 05-01-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im a first year CS student. Sorry if this has been aswered over 9000 times but when should I expect to get my exam results? Are they online?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Around the 2nd of Feb this year I think on the SIS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jev/N wrote: »
    Around the 2nd of Feb this year I think on the SIS

Are they releasing them unofficially before that though, so to give students a chance to switch electives that they failed or what-not? Remember there was some hubbub about it in one of the college papers, and would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Mushy wrote: »
    Are they releasing them unofficially before that though, so to give students a chance to switch electives that they failed or what-not? Remember there was some hubbub about it in one of the college papers, and would be better.

Haven't a clue bout that TBH, I doubt it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Mushy wrote: »

AFAIK there was talk of that but it was decided that it wouldn't happen. We are getting them fairly quickly though in fairness, when you see a breakdown of the correcting timetable (getting external examiners in etc.) there isn't much room for doing it any faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

dajaffa wrote: »
    AFAIK there was talk of that but it was decided that it wouldn't happen. We are getting them fairly quickly though in fairness, when you see a breakdown of the correcting timetable (getting external examiners in etc.) there isn't much room for doing it any faster.

UCC manage to do more exams corrected quicker. It's not really quick at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 daboyfergie

i thought the results were out during the first week back as reported in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I don't remember them being that late last year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

dyl10 wrote: »
    I don't remember them being that late last year :confused:

No, they coming out on the same equivalent date this year...first Monday in February. Sure by that time, I'm in the swing of second semester, so don't care as much about how I did(until I see that I failed some module of course!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Ah , cool thanks for the info. Im pretty sure I failed an Elective :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Aren't we all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Do we get anything in the post? Like a sheet with all overall scores from all subjects + a GPA or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

samsamson wrote: »
    Do we get anything in the post? Like a sheet with all overall scores from all subjects + a GPA or anything?
    No, this isn't like school where you get a report home from your teachers. You log into SIS and check your examination results. You'll get a transcript of your results when you finish your degree, but not every exam period.

Advertisement