Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First oost ever - Winter Gloves recommendations?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi, need to buy winter cycling gloves, would like as warm and as close a fit as possible. Do I need waterproof or is windproof sufficient enough to keep cold out? Any recommendations will be much appreciated....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesunwashot

I got these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30362 (Cannondale Gloves Full Finger Le Carbon Glove 9G400 2009) after spending last winter with very cold fingers and they work a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I highly recommend you get yourself liners as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I highly recommend you get yourself liners as well.

Can you reccomend good liners or where to get them? I got the BBB Raceshield winter gloves, really nice, neat lightweight and snug fitting, just a bit too breathable for the really cold weather. Hands a bit too chilly for my liking! :D Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

I got a pair of Endura Strike gloves at the start of this winter and they have been absolutely excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

I use these. For most days they are fine by themselves. On really cold days, I add these which I otherwise use for running in winter.

Finally ... if I feel that both of these together will not suffice ... I decide that its probably too dangerous to cycle ... :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Spins wrote: »
    Hi, need to buy winter cycling gloves, would like as warm and as close a fit as possible. Do I need waterproof or is windproof sufficient enough to keep cold out? Any recommendations will be much appreciated....

Get ASSOS Early Winter Gloves..http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Assos_Early_Winter_851_Gloves/5360031013/
    A bit on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for...;)

Can you reccomend good liners or where to get them?
    I have Merino Icebreaker ones - you can get them at 53 degres north. There are cycling specific ones too I am sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I have Merino Icebreaker ones - you can get them at 53 degres north. There are cycling specific ones too I am sure.

How much?

Raam wrote: »
    How much?
    TBH I don't know .. they were a present. 15/20 Euro maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭andun84

I got a pair of Endura Strike gloves at the start of this winter and they have been absolutely excellent.

These are absolutely great in dry conditions however they are woeful in the wet leaking very quickly making hands very cold so only to be used when you are sure that there will be no rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭BaBiT

Just bought a pair of SealSkinz Ultra Grip in Cyclesuperstore for €37 after suffering numb cold wet hands on Sundays club spin...Hope to get out for spin tomorrow with them so I'll let ya know then!

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=200&idproduct=14877

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

BaBit I have a pair of them, wear liners underneath or the tops of you fingers will freeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭BaBiT

digitalage wrote: »
    BaBit I have a pair of them, wear liners underneath or the tops of you fingers will freeze.

Thanks Digitalage, Will do!

Advertisement