Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery sling?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I got a crane stock for my SR-25. The only problem is that the wires are sticking out the back. I was thinking of getting a rear sling mount (http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=JUST-ACC-RAA2_cat_Sling%20Swivels) and then getting a battery sling. The problem is finding one, and finding one which can take a 9.6v 4000mah numchuck battery. I know they exist, but I cant find one.

Does anyone know where I can get one?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

I found this on WGC:rolleyes: (http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=SAT-CG-3PBSO_srch_battery%20sling) But it seems that its meant for aegs which take a battery in the handgaurd. Obviously I can just use it the other way round, but it wasn't desinged for that.
    Will it be fine? I heard somewhere that it may be uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I doubt it would be uncomfortable, but it might get in the way a little. Very nice sling though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can get them on ehobby aswell, they'll probably be more reliable and cheaper on postage.,

I cant find them on ehobby:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Have you considered putting a 7.3V LiPo battery into the stock tube? They give the same performance as a 9.6V NiCd/NiMH but will fit directly into the tube, allowing you to use that crane stock without needing battery sling or box.

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    Have you considered putting a 7.3V LiPo battery into the stock tube? They give the same performance as a 9.6V NiCd/NiMH but will fit directly into the tube, allowing you to use that crane stock without needing battery sling or box.

Do you mean a 7.4v? would it put the same amount of stress on the gearbox as a 9.6v? what charger do I need? and would this fit into a stock tube? (http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/hot-power-7-4v-3000mah-15c-lithium-battery-crane-type.html)

Thanks.

Do you mean a 7.4v? would it put the same amount of stress on the gearbox as a 9.6v? what charger do I need? and would this fit into a stock tube? (http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/hot-power-7-4v-3000mah-15c-lithium-battery-crane-type.html)

Thanks.

Yes, my slip there. 7.4V is the pack you want. 7.4V packs perform about the same as a 9.6V "traditional" pack due to being able to hold a higher charger for a longer period of drain than other chemistries.
    You do need a specific charger type for them, one with a balance chip on it. They range from cheap to horrendously pricey, however I use this King Arms charger and it works a treat.
    The battery you linked to is for a Crane stock alright, but it's for the SOPMOD Crane stock (the one with the battery compartment in the angled cheek pieces), it's just a Li-Po version of a nunchuck.
    To fit the battery into the stock tube, you can get one of these and put up with the battery protruding by 5-10mm (sounds a lot, but it just means you can't collapse the stock right to the end of the tube, but to position 1 instead).
    The alternative is one of these which is a little more expensive but will allow you to collapse the stock completely as it's a tad shorter.

Cheers mate, does the charger indicate weather the battery is fully charged or not? oh and sorry about the other thread I just wanted to see other peoples opinions ;)

That's cool, I was about to post a similar post in there until I realised it was the same OP. Figured I'd save the typing and just redirect you!

That one doesn't indicate, no. It does have an auto-cut off though and a charge only takes about 60-90 minutes so it's an easy one to watch if you're the wary type.

Bye the way, Redwolf have battery slings if you still want that option.

Nah, battery slings seem too bulky, lipo is definitely the way to go, and I think I'll get a crane stock. Is there anyway to calculate charging times for lipo batteries? and one last question and I'll shut up:P Is hot power a good brand for lipo batteries? they seem awfully cheap.

• Advertisement

Honestly, I've never heard of them before. I use King Arms and Firefox ones and find them great without being silly prices.

As for calculating charge time, same as you would on any other battery pack; divide the output current of the charger into the capacity of the battery, the result is the number of hours to charge it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

KA are Hotpower :)

ORly? In that case, yeah, they're decent.

Advertisement