Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Whey Protein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I think i'll stick with my maximuscle...

ye... haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

ye... haha

Any particular reason? Because you are brand sensitive?

ye... haha

HAHA MaxiMuscle? For value for money, they are probably the worst brand going. Yeah there stuff is good but there are plenty of other brands that are just as good if not better and cheaper.

Any particular reason? Because you are brand sensitive?

I'm unbelievably touchy about what i eat/drink. I'll wear dunnes stores clothes no bother, but ask me to drink cheap protein (which i already take with disdain) from aldi, i draw the line there.

It's more a matter of "right did a german make this in the back of his van" sort of thing i look at, which is ridiculous i know, but as i said, my body is a temple :D

I'm unbelievably touchy about what i eat/drink. I'll wear dunnes stores clothes no bother, but ask me to drink cheap protein (which i already take with disdain) from aldi, i draw the line there.

It's more a matter of "right did a german make this in the back of his van" sort of thing i look at, which is ridiculous i know, but as i said, my body is a temple :D

Aldi food produce is better quality than what you will find in most supermarkets. You have fully succumbed to the irrational powers of branding.

• Advertisement

Aldi food produce is better quality than what you will find in most supermarkets. You have fully succumbed to the irrational powers of branding.

*sigh*. I know, i'm a horrible, disgusting person :P.

When i get tossed out on my ass in a few months and am living in a dodgy flat somewhere in rathmines with 10 other lads, i'll probably end up buying my protein off a shady looking character down a side street and i'll be grateful. But atm i'm living at home, so you can forgive me for being just a tiny bit "food snobby".

But can protein for 20 euro really be any good? All questions of brand aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

It's only 1kg so it's not that cheap actually,,,

*sigh*. I know, i'm a horrible, disgusting person :P.

When i get tossed out on my ass in a few months and am living in a dodgy flat somewhere in rathmines with 10 other lads, i'll probably end up buying my protein off a shady looking character down a side street and i'll be grateful. But atm i'm living at home, so you can forgive me for being just a tiny bit "food snobby".

But can protein for 20 euro really be any good? All questions of brand aside.

Can a punnet of pears for 69c be any good? Or how about 69c mozarella? €1.50 ham?
    Yes, its all excellent. If you are into eating healthy then you really should be shopping in Aldi.

The Aldi protein is made in Europe which has a higher standard of food quality.

Can a punnet of pears for 69c be any good? Or how about 69c mozarella? €1.50 ham?
    Yes, its all excellent. If you are into eating healthy then you really should be shopping in Aldi.

The Aldi protein is made in Europe which has a higher standard of food quality.

Looks like i'll be heading to aldi on thursday then!

Sadly though i live in Wicklow atm, no aldi in the county as far as i know lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Most whey is mass produced in a few factories to strict standards so the quality is fine but the price is actually expensive compared to some of the bargains u can get online from uk etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah, not that cheap at all, I am still surprised ben dunne is not selling in shops. Has been selling in the gyms a good while now.

Somebody find me cheaper protein from a shop then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Considering BIG Whey is nearly 3kg and costs around €50, the Aldi stuff ain't so cheap!

I'll stick to what I'm used to I reckon. :)

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Considering BIG Whey is nearly 3kg and costs around €50, the Aldi stuff ain't so cheap!

I'll stick to what I'm used to I reckon. :)
    I see it online at €22.05 per KG. Try again.

http://www.fitnessireland.ie/product_info.php?products_id=447

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

2.2KG for 29.99 here anyway. It's what I use.

2.2KG for 29.99 here anyway. It's what I use.

Its actually €38.50 and its delivered so only marginally cheaper. I'm talking about a shop purchase here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I see it online at €22.05 per KG. Try again.

http://www.fitnessireland.ie/product_info.php?products_id=447

Why are you being rude?!

I pay €50 for 2.7kg.

No one is saying the Aldi one isn't "cheap" - we're saying the product we have tried and tested and are happy with is roughly the same price.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Why are you being rude?!

I pay €50 for 2.7kg.

Rude? How am I rude? I give out some great info and I get nothing but **** back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

Rude? How am I rude? I give out some great info and I get nothing but **** back.

Between these two threads you're really gettin' it from all angles tonight aren't ya?! It's like a spit-roast, complete with that suffocating feeling*!

*i imagine

gnolan wrote: »
    Between these two threads you're really gettin' it from all angles tonight aren't ya?! It's like a spit-roast, complete with that suffocating feeling*!

*i imagine

The beefy ****ers here have me air tight.

Its just like school all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

The beefy ****ers here have me air tight.

Its just like school all over again.

You're such a charmer.

This thread is going nowhere fast. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement