Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is going to win the league?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Man Utd
    I'm a liverpool fan first time this season i've said it we've got a cracking chance of winning the league and i think we will. We've got 9 home games including chelsea and arsenal. Along with everton and villa and spurs so the fixtures are tough but at anfield and i fancy if it comes down to it liverpool will come through. Just lik anytime the odds are stacked.

It is also fair enough to say united will hit form or whatever but form doesn't matter to **** when you haven't got the points in the bag. form is one of those things that doesn't really matter when the game starts. and if united do drop i fancy liverpool to push on.
    I dont include Chelski just cos they're seriously missing something and apparently they're gettin no money to spend in January which in my view almost rules them out. Arsenal aren't spoken about cos they're tripe and might even be overtaken by newcastle if they dont sort it out.

Top 4
    Liverpool
    United
    Chelski
    Whoever wants it (everton, villa, arsenal) prob apply in writing too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Both players scored 24 goals the league last year.

Torres did it in 33 appearances, Adebayour did it in 36 appearances.

Fernando Torres, the premierships most lethal striker in 2007/2008. FACT.

I concede it was actually more impressive because Torres only had really half the matches to do it in, saving most of his goals for infront of the KOP. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

I would say

United
    Chelsea
    Liverpool

in that order

I won't go into picking a fourth place because that's a whole other discussion. Liverpool are closing the gap in fairness but I still feel they're due a rough patch. They're still not putting teams away. Chelsea sem to have their problems as well and both of them have let United right back in it.

United have seen it all before and always seem to improve more and more as the finishing line comes closer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

gonna go for
    Utd
    Chelsea
    Pool

Pool have the players to do not sure they have the manager (ducks and runs)

Seriously though, i am not sure he will go will take the chances to win games that you need to win the be the champions, I have yet to be convinced that he sees winning as more important than not losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Arsenal
    Do the 7% who voted Villa really think they are going to win?

i certainly dont

the next 5 fixtures will decide our season imo

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Man Utd (Man Utd fans)
    kida wrote: »
    Pool have the players to do not sure they have the manager (ducks and runs)

Seriously though, i am not sure he will go will take the chances to win games that you need to win the be the champions, I have yet to be convinced that he sees winning as more important than not losing.

So you think Benitez would be happy if Liverpool drew all their remaining games and got 63 points this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Man Utd (Man Utd fans)
    kida wrote: »
    Pool have the players to do not sure they have the manager (ducks and runs).

If Liverpool do it, it won't be the posts that countless people made saying that Liverpool were good good enough or we are merely a two man team that I will raising issue with.

The posts that do not give Rafa the credit or respect that he deserves is what really pisses me off. He is one of the best managers in the world. At the moment, he is the second best manager in England, second to possibly the best manager of all time.

And yes, at the moment, I would rate him higher than I would Wenger.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

cmcsoft wrote: »
    Liverpool are closing the gap in fairness but I still feel they're due a rough patch. They're still not putting teams away.

Liverpool 3 - 0 Bolton
    Newcastle 1 - 5 Liverpool

Maybe this is just the start.

Torres back. Gerrard 7 in 8. Keane 3 in 2 ( ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Chelsea
    This poll is flawed. Certain fools have voted in the wrong box as regards the fans and non-fans boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

redout wrote: »
    This poll is flawed. Certain fools have voted in the wrong box as regards the fans and non-fans boxes.

Mr T has spoken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Man Utd (Man Utd fans)
    i cant see liverpool doing this seaeson, the fact that utd and chelsea have experience in winning the league will stand to them in april/may. plus i think liverpool have th weakest squad and this will tell when the champs league resumes. i hate to admit it but i think utd will be champions again. and i think villa will fall away, again because of the squad, arsenal's is stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Liverpool (Liverpool fans)
    redout wrote: »

I apologised for this Mr T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Man Utd (Man Utd fans)

i thought you were a pool fan too, figured you had given up on them beacause of their poor performances (league topping ones that they are):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea
    Both players scored 24 goals the league last year.

Torres did it in 33 appearances, Adebayour did it in 36 appearances.

Fernando Torres, the premierships most lethal striker in 2007/2008. FACT.

Two years ago John O'Shea scored 4 goals in 5 shots.
    John O'Shea, the premierships most lethal player in 2006/2007 FACT

---

I think for Liverpool in my mind to be considered genuine title challengers next year, they need to be within 3 points of the top of the table at the end of crunch time, the end of March.

Then assuming they strengthen as much as anyone else in the summer, they will obviously be contenders. How you couldn't consider them genuine title contenders this year is beyond logic. But whether you consider them genuine contenders and think they will win is another matter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Arsenal
    It seems like most neutrals think villa have a better chance than Liverpool of winning it:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Chelsea
    Tomthepost wrote: »
    It seems like most neutrals think villa have a better chance than Liverpool of winning it:D:D

Nothing to indicate the people who voted for Villa are neutrals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Arsenal
    Nothing to indicate the people who voted for Villa are neutrals.

Come on like are you saying there are 14 villa fans in ireland:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Arsenal
    I am neutral..................................ok well maybe not :D

Chelsea
    Tomthepost wrote: »
    Come on like are you saying there are 14 villa fans in ireland:D

Oh god no not in Ireland, but on boards yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,449 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Oh god no not in Ireland, but on boards yes.

you mean there are foreigners are this site? Pitch Forks lads, GET 'EM!:mad:

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    Was it not in Jan last year when Liverpool really fell away. I could be wrong here but there results were. Maybe the results before that had already put them out of it I can't remember.

Wigan at home = Draw
    Boro away = Draw
    Villa at home = Draw
    West Ham away = Lost

May be if they get through this month they will be taken more seriously.

IMO it will be them and United chasing it down the home stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Chelsea

Its ok brother. I approve.

Mr-T-at-Gizmodo.jpg

Advertisement