Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 120 GB hard drive €60

• 05-01-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭

I see DX are now stocking these for USD 79.95 including EMS delivery.
    (Play are charging GBP 95 for these and wont ship to Ireland).
    https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19388

I reckon you'll be lucky to find these for less than EUR 60 anywhere else.
    You may need to get a transfer disk/cable from a friend with an EU
    version. The hdd will work fine with Irish 360 but the transfer disk is
    region locked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

cool what is a transfer disk?

edit:i thought it was a console for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Not the real McCoy me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Not the real McCoy me thinks.

Would that make a difference if its not MS branded??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

ciano1 wrote: »
    There's a thread on the Deal Extreme page saying you could get banned from XBL. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. You know how forums can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

ciano1 wrote: »

If it is a copy,I'd be worried about it's quality although M$ ain't exactly top banana in that dept.:rolleyes:

It's just the thought of the thing packing up and all it's contents lost. Game saves etc. I know certain stuff can be downloaded again but surly some content would be lost for good.I'm open to correction though.

My 20gb is pretty full with only one game installed on it. I'm in the market for a 120gb HD but I'm thinking I'll just keep an eye out for a genuine drive at a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

There's a thread on the Deal Extreme page saying you could get banned from XBL. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. You know how forums can get.

Its not true. Loads of people make their own 120gb HDD using a WD Scorpio 2.5" drive and the case from their 20gbs HDDs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

These are well dodgy, they mess with the firmware on the console, unless you want to get banned from live then steer clear.

Advertisement