Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Broken car aerial

Options
  • 05-01-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Broke my aerial today - although the aerial was retracted the car wash seems to have pulled it up and it broke!!

Anyway just looking to see if there is an alternative to the main volvo dealer as anything I've had done there cost an arm and a leg. I'm looking for a place in South Dublin that might do it while I waited - no DIY skills so will have to get someone to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Broke my aerial today - although the aerial was retracted the car wash seems to have pulled it up and it broke!!

Anyway just looking to see if there is an alternative to the main volvo dealer as anything I've had done there cost an arm and a leg. I'm looking for a place in South Dublin that might do it while I waited - no DIY skills so will have to get someone to help.

Coat hangers seem to be the best bet, readily aviailible and can be customised easily.......... seriously I think your stuck with the main volvo one, unless you go to a scrappers

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can get universal one, but I reckon you can buy the mast separately to the motor in a Volvo dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Besides getting the part from a Volvo dealer and getting someone like an auto electrician to fit it, you could maybe try phone breakers yards or search ebay.

I'm sure they're a common part, as they eventually fail on all Volvo's anyway, mine included.

Advertisement