Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers in Cork

Options
  • 05-01-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

What's a good hairdressers to try in Cork? I'm looking to get my hair cut and my colour touched up(made a bit of a mess of it). I don't have a lot of money though. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I'd need to know about a cheap hairdresser too, I just need to cut my hair a lil, just normal "maintenance" and i am quite broke :P
    Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I usually go to Jeff Devine's teaching place on the top floor of their french church street premises. Around 20 euro for a wash/cut/blowdry, not sure about colour costs only have had the ends tinted. The students vary from very professional to quite new, but they are very well supervised, and in the one case my hairdresser was unable to finish my cut (have my bob quite tight at the back) the teacher stepped in and did it perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

I'd go there but they don't do bleach on the roots.

I guess if I fixed my colour myself... is there a student/training place that does do bleach on roots for a bit extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

taram wrote: »
    I usually go to Jeff Devine's teaching place on the top floor of their french church street premises. Around 20 euro for a wash/cut/blowdry, not sure about colour costs only have had the ends tinted. The students vary from very professional to quite new, but they are very well supervised, and in the one case my hairdresser was unable to finish my cut (have my bob quite tight at the back) the teacher stepped in and did it perfectly.

2nd that theyre good

Very useful, Thank you girks :)

• Advertisement

Any other places?

bump?

Cork Student...today in Shandon Street I found an hairdresser with low prices...they are doing a sale and shampoo*cut*blowdry is 20!
    I am gonna go there tomorrow orthe day after tomorrow, they have low price for colour too (I think 40)...take a look if oyu want or I'll let you know in a pair of days :)

I need an "open minded" hairdresser too if you get what I mean.

I dunno about that...looks like a normal salon, it's not a school, which I think helps...I'll let uj know more tomorrow, I'll take their telephone number for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gem25x

taram wrote: »

x3, i've my full colour booked for tomorrow- inlcuding blow dry only 40euro and for ALL JANUARY AND FEBRUARY you get a free cut with any colour/highlights

as above students great, v helpful and chatty. only thing is it takes a bit longer as they have to get every step they do reviewed before continuing.

hope this helps xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Curl up and Dye (harharhar) on College Road did a dry cut for me for €14. I'm not sure about colouring, but for cuts she does a good job, for a really good price. Though do be warned, you won't get cups of tea or chit chat, the one who runs it is a bit...curt.

I wouldn't mind going to a school, the only problem is they don't do on the scalp bleach in Jeff Divine's teaching place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anrinn185

I'm a big fan of Fintan Lynch's hairdressers in Kinsale, he and his team are very professional, friendly and reasonably priced. I've been to a lot of weddings in kinsale and I always recommend fintans to friends visiting kinsale. Its Right in the centre of kinsale too. Ask for Fintan or Pauline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

a girl i hang around with always goes to a place down by the GPO.

Its above a hair dressing shop.

The students there are working with Peter Mark.

Shes always happy with it anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

corkhero wrote: »
    a girl i hang around with always goes to a place down by the GPO.

Its above a hair dressing shop.

The students there are working with Peter Mark.

Shes always happy with it anyways.

I'm looking for a hairdressers too. Are these any good? How much do they cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

Hello?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

I'm looking for a hairdressers too. Are these any good? How much do they cost?

jeez sorry for the late reply, am in the states.

but yeah she always goes and has no complaints.

not sure of the price. half salon price i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Basically any salon outside the city centre will be less expensive. So try to go to someone in the suburbs. I normally go to Christine in Creation Hair Studio in Turners Cross. She's really good and much cheaper than getting it done in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

in town tomorrow, I'm a bloke lookin to get highlights done. any recmmended Barbers??

• Advertisement
Advertisement