Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M4 Toll Clarification

Options
  • 05-01-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hello. Just a quick update after one of my previous rants about this topic.

I recently emailed Eurolink about the ever increasing toll rates, in particular the increases which were applied following the VAT increase.

They emailed me back with an explanation and a link to the relevant Bye-Law.

Short version is that despite my rants they are doing nothing wrong according to law (no surprise there). The latest toll calculation comes in at 2.87 which has been rounded to 2.90.

Interestingly though there is a clause which say that in the event of CPI showing a decline on the previous years figures, they are entitled to keep the rates the same. That bit has me pretty angry really.

Ultimately, depsite the possibility of deflation on the horizon, we are almost certianly never going to see toll rates come down.

Advertisement