Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hawaii suggestions

• 05-01-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi one of the last stops on my RTW trip is Honolulu, Hawaii , does anyone have any advise on where to stay ,which islands they went to etc ..
    considering Im on a budget Im finding it hard to find decent affordable acommdation online! What makes matters worse I have to go at easter so prices are more expensive then and its the only part of my trip that I wont stay in a hostel. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Maui and Oahu are completely different places, with Maui being much more laid back and more beautiful imo. you wont find much affordable accomodation though as Hawaii is really for the rich to get away in the US and priced as such. Check out Lahiana as far as i can tell it is the most touristy spot.

you can take trips to Oahu, Lanai and Big Island for not that much money and at least Oahu and one of the other two are worth checking out. Also Maui as Hana and Haleakala which has some of the most scenic landscapes i have ever seen.

hope it helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

spent the summer of '02 in Oahu, in an apartment on Waikiki beach...Great place. Head across to the North Shore, much more traditional Hawaii, and like Prince said about Maui etc, they are a lot more laid back in comparison to Honolulu...but theres tonnes to see there!

mmm....2002....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

isnt easter Spring break time in US ? ...... you've seen the videos....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Hawaii is expensive and you'll find it hard to get anywhere under 15-20 euros a night. Well that is cheap but not as cheap as Asia or Latin America. I stayed in some place called seaside hawaii hostel or something to that affect which was pretty good. Probably listed on hostel world or one of them sites. But as you said you don't want to stay at a hostel. You'll probably end up paying 50 dollars or more a night.

Advertisement