Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Total Newbie

Options
  • 05-01-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

At the ripe ol' age of 22 i've decided it's time to learn how to drive.

I am completely clueless when it comes to apply for these type of things....

can anyone point met in the right direction as to where to get started.

thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ask your friends what instructor they used. Most of the good ones come from word of mouth and aren't big companys like ISM (not saying there's anything wrong or not with them though!).

Don't go out with your parents / other half when learning at first. .. you'll be a nervous wreck. Go out with an instructor ... you have nothing to "prove" to him / her and you'll be more at ease starting off.

I started off having never driven before and drove around for 2 hours and then home (having spent about 20 mins getting used to the clutch etc on a quiet side road).

Don't let the assholes who ignore your L plates intimidate you .... they're just remembering how bad they were and it's not helping their ego!

My 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Thanks for the response!!

Just wondering what license/permits I need to get first before doing the actual test.

I have older material somewhere (Me Ma) not sure if it would be relevant to all the rule changes e.g books and software.

thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

bryanjf wrote: »
    Thanks for the response!!

Just wondering what license/permits I need to get first before doing the actual test.

I have older material somewhere (Me Ma) not sure if it would be relevant to all the rule changes e.g books and software.

thanks again.
    Try this then
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69027

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

thanks random much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Some good advice from the other posters, ill add that as you get closer to the test try www.drivingtesttips.ie, I found it very helpful. Good luck! :)

Advertisement