Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hotel/guesthouse in Wicklow?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

Hi, my wife and I are looking for a nice hotel or guesthouse around the Glendalough/Laragh area in mid to late January. We want to go for a few hikes around the area, so don't mind splashing out a bit on a nice place to stay (and chill out). Apparently the Glendalough hotel is closed in January, but anywhere else that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

chewed wrote: »
    Hi, my wife and I are looking for a nice hotel or guesthouse around the Glendalough/Laragh area in mid to late January. We want to go for a few hikes around the area, so don't mind splashing out a bit on a nice place to stay (and chill out). Apparently the Glendalough hotel is closed in January, but anywhere else that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Farmhouse on waterfall road have a guesthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Lynhams Hotel in Laragh , or there are a few B&B's in and around Laragh itself ... I can't name any off-hand, but just go there and drive around a bit and you'll see them, either on the road towards Glendalough, or turn left at Lynhams and a couple of the big new houses on the left there are B&B's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Your best bet is b&b's, there are lots of them around Laragh. Actually my uncle runs one, pm me if you want the link.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

not far away is the meetings of the waters its a pub and hotel it is is one of the most beautiful places in ireland not far from glendalough--avoca-i know its open i go there every feb

Advertisement