Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the plastic surround on a car stereo called?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to locate one for a Sony stereo I've gotten my hands on. Managed to get a hold of all the necessary adapters for it to work but it looks ridiculous and unfinished without the plastic surround.

So, anyone know what I'm on about and where I could get one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Facia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Aye Facia is the one.

Or it's more often refered to as the "plastic that surrounds the radio".

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

99 Lancer. It had an old JVC Tapedeck in it and I removed it. Discovered that both head units have different connectors for the surround so it won't fit the Sony model.

Pretty stumped. I don't think I've seen these surrounds sold separately for these stereos.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

99 Lancer. It had an old JVC Tapedeck in it and I removed it. Discovered that both head units have different connectors for the surround so it won't fit the Sony model.

Pretty stumped. I don't think I've seen these surrounds sold separately for these stereos.

Ebay could be worth a look. The last time i saw facia bits for sale was in Halfords, so i'd give them a go as well if you live near.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

faScia if you're gonna be searching for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dbentham

Also possibly known as the bezel...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

somethings not right there.

The Lancer has a standard DIN sized opening, if you use the surround that came with the new headunit it should fit.

Is it part of the stereo you're looking for, or part of the dash?

The head unit isn't new. It's from another car so came without that fascia. It's alright though as I've found a site that supplies them..even if they're 20 a pop..

Would have probably been cheaper buying a new stereo altogether! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

which site is that mate? been searching for sumin similar for a while now!

Here we go. I hope it helps! It's not too bad considering.

I'd just prefer a more local place to buy one. It would just make life that bit more handy as opposed to waiting another week+.

• Advertisement
Advertisement