Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday in Spain for limited mobility

Options
  • 05-01-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there
    I would like to go on a holiday to spain. I have ME. As of now, I would be traveling on my own. Trying to find a place where i could go with mobility scooter, sun, quiet, and a reasonable distance to a store so that i may go self catering. I speak no Spanish. Has anyone exerience or input with this? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

If you're still looking, the IWA has links to various accessible-holiday providers here: http://www.iwa.ie/information/accessibleHolidayLinks.aspx There are a few listed in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

i've been to benalmadena near malaga and there's lot folk on mobility scooters. they've a great prom that runs the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bad girl

Hi there
    I would like to go on a holiday to spain. I have ME. As of now, I would be traveling on my own. Trying to find a place where i could go with mobility scooter, sun, quiet, and a reasonable distance to a store so that i may go self catering. I speak no Spanish. Has anyone exerience or input with this? Cheers!

ok look you stupid gob****e, 1st learn the damn language, second get a partner, and your not allowed ride scotters when your pissed anyway so you wont need one......it wont be ****en quiet you're on holiday you twat, I have loads of experience yes.

Have a good holiday, let us know how you got on.

BG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

Bad girl wrote: »
    ok look you stupid gob****e, 1st learn the damn language, second get a partner, and your not allowed ride scotters when your pissed anyway so you wont need one......it wont be ****en quiet you're on holiday you twat, I have loads of experience yes.

Have a good holiday, let us know how you got on.

BG

You're new I see. How helpful you are :mad:.

Ban them. Ban them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 YMac

Hi - my partner is disabled and wheelchair user. We find Benalmadena/torremolinos brilliant. Its flat, apartments/hotels on the beach or promenade where you will find lovely restaurants and bars. Check out McGuinness's pub on Montemar near the Sol Timor, The Ivy restaurant and Father O'Malleys. We stay in the Timor Sol as there usually as very wheelchair accessible, you can hire scooter and they let you recharge it in the lobby. It gets very noisy and busy tho at peak season. I wouldnt recomend it then. There are quiet places and noisy places if you stay in the montemar area beside Buensol Apt/Rio Apt/Timor Sol then you will be safe enough and right beside the beach/restaurants/walks where you can use your scooter.

Been to Lanzarote, very hilly and found it hard to push my partner round
    Been to Praia de Rocha - not enough to do there, too hard to get down to beach, not suitable for disabled people.

Have to say easiest place has definetely been Benalmadena/Torremolinos. Lots of elderly english people live there in the winter and the area is set up for disabilities. Road ramps, ramps to restaurants/bars. Walk down the prom from Benalmadena to Torremolinos easily get the lift then up to San Miguel St. A taxi is about 4euro either way. Budget Travel have package deals. Bus trips around and lots cater for disabled people aswell.

hope this helps you out. any more questions, just ask, know the place well.

As for Bad Girl - there is no need to be so rude. Its extremely difficult to enjoy yourself and take care of yourself when either you or your partner is disabled. If you cant be helpful there is no need to be horrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement