Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Xmas gift during sales???

Options
  • 05-01-2009 8:58pm

A question on behalf of my sister - searched forum but couldn't find answers to similar queries. She received clothes as a gift but the size is wrong. She has no receipt but the shop acknowledged that they are their items but will not exchange them. The sales are now on and the shop people state that they will not exchange the items during the sale, nor will they exchange them after the sale ~ shop policy. Where does my sister stand with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If the receipt says it was bought prior to the sale, that's one thing, but without receipt, how would the shop know it wasn't bought during the sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

Don't think there's anything she can do without proof of purchase I'm afraid.

the_syco wrote: »
    If the receipt says it was bought prior to the sale, that's one thing, but without receipt, how would the shop know it wasn't bought during the sale?
    Hmm.. that's true. Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

shop has no legal obligation to take it back, as it's not damaged in any way, it was purely a change of mind

the reason they aren't taking it is that they don't want somebody buying something in a sale for lets say €20, then bringing it back after the sale when it's €40, and looking for credit/refund of the €40, and believe me it does happen

if she had a receipt/gift receipt, I'm sure they would give a refund as they'd know exactly how much was paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

If they are saying they won't exchange it during the sale and won't exchange it after the sale then basically they are saying they won't exchange it.

If your sister felt able t ask the person who bought the clothes for the receipt that might solve the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Did'nt read the op correctly:(

Advertisement