Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Focus TDCI Heater Plugs not Working

Options
  • 05-01-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Recently had the glow/heater plugs replaced on my Focus TDCI, as it was struggling to start from cold, mechanic said old plugs were quite corroded and it seemed to solve the problem for couple of weeks, however now im back to square one, any ideas what the problem may be? I've checked the glow plug fuses and they are all intact, and the glow plug light comes on, on the dash on start up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leem6

Suggestions anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 EL3CTR0S1S

Is your battery in good nick, (fully charged)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Have you changed fuel filter recently ? If not I would suggest you do so, I have a 2002 tdci and from time to time the engine management light comes on. I would also suggest a shot of that diesel additive to clean injectors etc.;) Mine has 140 k on it and at this stage needs a bit of care.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You could check for current at the wiring connections to the plugs to see if they are actually getting power from the battery.
    Was the car perfect when the plugs were replaced? i.e. starting quickly as it should?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

leem6 wrote: »
    Recently had the glow/heater plugs replaced on my Focus TDCI, as it was struggling to start from cold, mechanic said old plugs were quite corroded and it seemed to solve the problem for couple of weeks, however now im back to square one, any ideas what the problem may be? I've checked the glow plug fuses and they are all intact, and the glow plug light comes on, on the dash on start up.

Maybe he didn't properly tighten the +ve electricial connection that powers up the glow plugs and it has come off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement