Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

ronan45 wrote: »
    Emma? No way Freaky, How have you been!:) They still do that deal in UCI but its 25 yo yo now :mad:

Don't tell me you are actually admitting to being the fella in this story, GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I was on the bus to town today and 3 Spanish students got on. But wait, it gets worse!
    They started acting like they didnt have change and didnt know they needed it so the driver let them on without paying. Then the girl turned around to her friend and showed him her purse full of change and laughed. "So good for the economy". Stingy *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Should have said something, it's beyond stingy, blatant robbery more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I didnt know until my sister pointed it out to me after! :( I'd definitely have slipped a word to the bus driver. For the sake of a euro or something like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm the stingy one here or the other guy. My friend and I were going out in town (just to annoy the non-dubs :P) one night but before that he said he had to go to a barbecue in his brother's house for a while first and said I should come along. I'd met some of them before but knew no one there. I wasn't sure how long we'd be there so I picked up a ten pack of beer on the basis that I'd probably only have one or two there but would have the rest another day.

When we got there I tried to open up my ten pack but his brother insisted that I drink his beer. We were there less than an hour in the end so I had two of his beers, each time with him stopping me from opening my own.

When we were leaving I picked up my ten pack and started to walk out and the brother said "oh, you're taking that are you?" and I said "Yes I am" and kept walking.

So was I stingy for taking the ten pack or was he stingy for insisting that I drink two of his beers instead of my own and then expecting me to leave my ten pack behind?
    He's stingy imho. At most, I'd expect 2 back. But him asking are you taking the beers when you were there for less than an hour is cheeky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I was on the bus to town today and 3 Spanish students got on. But wait, it gets worse!
    They started acting like they didnt have change and didnt know they needed it so the driver let them on without paying. Then the girl turned around to her friend and showed him her purse full of change and laughed. "So good for the economy". Stingy *****.

would have kicked them out

loud mouthed spaniards are the bane of society, pigs have better manners.

grouping up in gangs talking sh.t in hall ways, bus stops, library entrances, shop fronts...

yadda yadda yadda,, ohhh just stfu and go back home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Reusing teabags. Tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭emmabee

briantwin wrote: »
    my dad walked into my neighbours house one time and there were sheets of toilet paper all over the sitting room. The wife had bought 3 different kinds and was seeing which brand was the best value (ie which had more sheets per roll). I'm going to assume she would disregard such things as quality and texture.

Sandpaper on the ass is never good

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

Was waitressing in the Berkeley Court years ago and the scabby-ness of some of the customers was mad. One group of two men in particular sat in the bar for hours, nursing fizzy drinks but we also gave out free crisps and nuts with drinks - every five minutes they were asking for a refill of the free snacks. They were typical d4 types so I would imagine they weren't poor and they made the staff stop every five minutes to help them with something - when they left (eventually) we got a 20 cent tip. That always annoyed me more than people who didn't tip at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

emmabee wrote: »
    Sandpaper on the ass is never good

Sandpaper on the auld ringpiece is never good... But the other side of the coin is the shîtepaper that is almost greaseproof. No good for anything bar smearing your own shìte further around yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

I once worked in a petrol station for a stingy chunt.
    The chunt only payed one punt an hour.

He sent me up town for a burger and chips and the Sunday World.
    (He did sell some newspapers but not the Sunday World.)

He proceeded to eat his food and read the paper, without even offering me a chip after I walking in and out of town for him.

When he was finished reading the Sunday World he put it on the counter and sold it, complete with chip fat finger prints all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Gotta love this thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

NukaCola wrote: »
    A guy i work with does this.....its so bad its good...

After a night on the beer he goes into a Chipper that delivers, gives his order and gets a spin home from the delivery guy to save on a taxi!..... :pac:

I am using that from tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

si_guru wrote: »
    I am using that from tomorrow!

Originally Posted by NukaCola viewpost.gif
    A guy i work with does this.....its so bad its good...

After a night on the beer he goes into a Chipper that delivers, gives his order and gets a spin home from the delivery guy to save on a taxi!..... pacman.gif

The driver would be well within his rights to tell yer man to fook off, or better still, get the payment for the takeaway and tell him to fook off.
    Or
    Get payment in advance and a very hefty tip, approx half the cost of a taxi journey.

The driver would be lucky if he was covered to deliver anything, why would they take a chance with some tight cnut like that? imagine they were in an accident?? fooker would probably sue him and drop him in the **** totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 iamnotarobot

i was seeing a guy for about 2 months when we decided to go on a daytrip to wicklow (from dublin) and he then asked me to pay for half the petrol... which would have been about 5 euro. this was after me driving him around for the previous 2 months and never asking for a cent. i would have understood if i was equally as stingy but i am always very generous with the little money i have. i personally think this was incredibly stingy of him! that was the last he heard of me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

i was seeing a guy for about 2 months when we decided to go on a daytrip to wicklow (from dublin) and he then asked me to pay for half the petrol... which would have been about 5 euro. this was after me driving him around for the previous 2 months and never asking for a cent. i would have understood if i was equally as stingy but i am always very generous with the little money i have. i personally think this was incredibly stingy of him! that was the last he heard of me anyway!

So the relationship was worth less than €5 to you?
    I dunno, I don't think asking for money towards petrol is stingy, particularly if you were given free transport for the previous 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 iamnotarobot

well, its not that the relationship had been worth less than a fiver, i wouldnt put a price on a relationship. but i felt very weird about it as i had forked out for things in the past and not asked for anything in return. plus i was unemployed and he was working full time :eek: i dont have any problem paying my way with things but i do think there is a limit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

face1990 wrote: »
    So the relationship was worth less than €5 to you?
    I dunno, I don't think asking for money towards petrol is stingy, particularly if you were given free transport for the previous 2 months.
    Read it again. She drove him around for two months and never asked for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Satts wrote: »
    I once worked in a petrol station for a stingy chunt.
    The chunt only payed one punt an hour.

He sent me up town for a burger and chips and the Sunday World.
    (He did sell some newspapers but not the Sunday World.)

He proceeded to eat his food and read the paper, without even offering me a chip after I walking in and out of town for him.

When he was finished reading the Sunday World he put it on the counter and sold it, complete with chip fat finger prints all over it.

Sounds like you were the one being stingy ... with your self-respect! Who works for one punt an hour?!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

tommy21 wrote: »
    Sounds like you were the one being stingy ... with your self-respect! Who works for one punt an hour?!

A 17 year old, wet behind the ears around 1990.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I wouldn't have let that lie.

I'd imagine if he heard you were going to hospital for a week he would ransack your house.
    i did not let them know my business anymore after that, because about 2 yrs previously i had to go to hospital for surgery, it was wintertime, so i ordered 5 bags of coal before i went, knowing i would not be able to much for a while once i got home, the bags were brought the day before i went to hospital and were really full, when i got back, there was about a third of the contents gone from each bag, i had been speaking to them a few days before i went for the surgery, so they knew i was out, it was when i saw him taking bulbs from garden that i realised it may be him who robbed me of my bulbs, but i could not accuse them on the coal thing as i did not see them do it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

goat2 wrote: »
    i did not let them know my business anymore after that, because about 2 yrs previously i had to go to hospital for surgery, it was wintertime, so i ordered 5 bags of coal before i went, knowing i would not be able to much for a while once i got home, the bags were brought the day before i went to hospital and were really full, when i got back, there was about a third of the contents gone from each bag, i had been speaking to them a few days before i went for the surgery, so they knew i was out, it was when i saw him taking bulbs from garden that i realised it may be him who robbed me of my bulbs, but i could not accuse them on the coal thing as i did not see them do it,
    I knew it, I'm not surprised at this at all, truth be known I'd say the vast majority of break-ins/robberies are carried out by people known to the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i agree with you, if i had kept my big gob shut i would not have been taken advantage of

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

This thread is brilliant been laughing half the night reading some of the posts :D
    I really hate stingy people :mad: There is a man in the local pub who is a real alco but has his own farm and the lot.The mean **** is always annoying people for a lend of money now there would be no problem in the local pub getting a loan of a few pound only everybody is on to him now so just tell him no **** off :D I always leave my change on the counter but can't do that when he's in the pub the ****er would rob it :mad: The only thing saving him from being killed is he is so small :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

i used to work in a local bar years ago. one of the local old lads used to sit at the bar when the glasses got left before washing to finish up any of the dregs left in the glasses. i've heard storys of him drinking half full glasses that had been spat in because everyone knew what he was up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

My brother drank 6 of my Koppargerg two weeks ago with promise to replace them once he gets his dole.

So I told him last week not to forget to replace them to which he responded... "I bought you a pink 9 weeks ago in the pub when the round went uneven and a pint is worth the price of two cans, so I'll get you 4".

He didn't, nor is there a hope of him replacing anything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

joe stodge wrote: »
    i used to work in a local bar years ago. one of the local old lads used to sit at the bar when the glasses got left before washing to finish up any of the dregs left in the glasses. i've heard storys of him drinking half full glasses that had been spat in because everyone knew what he was up to.

What a heart-warming story.
    Man suffering from chronic alcoholism is systematically abused in a dehumanising manner by fellow locals.

Can I come and live there please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

In work earlier (in a pub)
    A bloke has been frequenting the last couple of days I havnt seen before
    Thurs he kept coming through the lounge into the bar from the smoking area for his pint to get it 5c cheaper, he then had the cheek to claim to be an OAP (cheaper pint by 50c), hes clearly only mid 40s, laughed in his face and told him full price.
    This evening I was in the lounge and he tried to pay bar price for his pint in the lounge.
    I told him he was a 5c short and he kicked up a fuss, fcuk u, my till isnt coming up short cause you need to keep ur precious 5c!
    Grumpy wxnker prob got barred from his local!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What kind of hole has different prices in the same pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    In work earlier (in a pub)
    A bloke has been frequenting the last couple of days I havnt seen before
    Thurs he kept coming through the lounge into the bar from the smoking area for his pint to get it 5c cheaper, he then had the cheek to claim to be an OAP (cheaper pint by 50c), hes clearly only mid 40s, laughed in his face and told him full price.
    This evening I was in the lounge and he tried to pay bar price for his pint in the lounge.
    I told him he was a 5c short and he kicked up a fuss, fcuk u, my till isnt coming up short cause you need to keep ur precious 5c!
    Grumpy wxnker prob got barred from his local!
    He's dead right. Why should he be charged extra to get a drink in a the same pub but just a different part. It's stingey to expect him to pay more tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement