Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Yep.

FYP :D
    marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nobody cares!!

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

A few years ago I was friends with this girl who lived in my area. Every Saturday night she would stay over in my house and we would order in a takeaway and watch a dvd. It being my house everything other than the takeaway was supplied to her; so if she wanted a drink, some snacks to munch on while watching the dvd etc she would get them (and me too of course). Anyway before watching the dvd we would order the takeaway from our local. As was the agreement we paid for it 50/50 which was grand. Then when the takeaway arrived we'd take a portion of rice each and then she would literally count out each piece of chicken in the curry to make sure we got the exact same number of pieces (for fear I might leave her one piece short if I did it :rolleyes:).

That might not seem so bad but then one weekend I asked her would it be ok to get a chicken and mushroom curry. Now she hated mushrooms but I told her I would pay the extra 1.50 or so that they would cost. So she turns to me fully serious and says "yeah of course so long as I can take all the chicken since you're getting all the mushrooms". I couldn't believe it I mean I was paying for them fully myself :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

LighterGuy wrote: »
    for people reading all this ... i'm the troll? :confused:
    Indeedy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    A few years ago I was friends with this girl who lived in my area. Every Saturday night she would stay over in my house and we would order in a takeaway and watch a dvd. It being my house everything other than the takeaway was supplied to her; so if she wanted a drink, some snacks to munch on while watching the dvd etc she would get them (and me too of course). Anyway before watching the dvd we would order the takeaway from our local. As was the agreement we paid for it 50/50 which was grand. Then when the takeaway arrived we'd take a portion of rice each and then she would literally count out each piece of chicken in the curry to make sure we got the exact same number of pieces (for fear I might leave her one piece short if I did it :rolleyes:).

That might not seem so bad but then one weekend I asked her would it be ok to get a chicken and mushroom curry. Now she hated mushrooms but I told her I would pay the extra 1.50 or so that they would cost. So she turns to me fully serious and says "yeah of course so long as I can take all the chicken since you're getting all the mushrooms". I couldn't believe it I mean I was paying for them fully myself :eek:
    Lyra,
    to tell you the truth, I don't know which of the pair of you are worse, you or her. Are you in love with her or what?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That was her hint that she wanted you to smother your cock with chicken for her perusal. Silly boy! Next time cover your love spuds with that curry and do it good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

MugMugs wrote: »
    That was her hint that she wanted you to smother your cock with chicken for her perusal. Silly boy! Next time cover your love spuds with that curry and do it good!

Something tells me Lyra Fangs has neither a cock nor love spuds to be covered in.;)

bijapos wrote: »
    Something tells me Lyra Fangs has neither a cock nor love spuds to be covered in.;)

Haha you would be right considering I'm not a fella :p

Indeedy.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

FYP
    do you have to be such a messer, shows how much you know, thinking every sky dish in the country have to be anchored to roofs or walls of houses, it does not matter where they are anchored, once they are not covered off by trees or walls, i see some anchored 2 feet from ground also. you must live in city or town, where alot of the time they have to be anchored to roofs and gables, due to other buildings close or attached, such as estates where you have rows of houses and the only options for sky dishes are roofs, in the country, we can and do sometimes just jave them anchored to poles in our back gardens or front gardens, whichever way the satellite is best placed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

goat2 wrote: »
    do you have to be such a messer, shows how much you know, thinking every sky dish in the country have to be anchored to roofs or walls of houses, it does not matter where they are anchored, once they are not covered off by trees or walls, i see some anchored 2 feet from ground also. you must live in city or town, where alot of the time they have to be anchored to roofs and gables, due to other buildings close or attached, such as estates where you have rows of houses and the only options for sky dishes are roofs, in the country, we can and do sometimes just jave them anchored to poles in our back gardens or front gardens, whichever way the satellite is best placed.
    Que? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Esel

about eighteen yrs ago....
    = I am so sad that I continue to dredge up old 'memories'...
    Jimi wrote:

It was twenty years ago today
    Sgt. Pepper sued The Beatles to pay...(poetic licence)

[/Jimi]

Build a viaduct, and traverse the gap. Then keep it to yourself.
    [Blah blah blah].... it is true, .... [Blah blah blah]i am not lying.
    Funny thing is that (some) people will believe you.....

However, you have not yet referred to stinginess, per se.

Not your ornery onager

You know what? why am i replying to you?
    you're a fu*king liar ... or "troll" if you will. Some idiot who wants to create sh*t up. But feels an undying need to prove themselves right.
    Same person who "put a planket over the dish" and the seemingly the stupid partner doesnt even bother to check the "yay-high" dish ... same person who so called "watched" their neighbour steal their flower bulbs :rolleyes: who didnt say a peep to them ... what utter sh*t are you going to come out with next?

... or you going to get your 'dup' accounts to side with you again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Man i remember this thread being good :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

+1. Please stop. No one cares!

On topic ... A friend of mine doesn't just bring a sneaky naggin out with her - she also brings a sneaky 1.5L bottle of coke! Just asks at the bar for a pint glass with ice, and she's sorted for the night!

On topic ... A friend of mine doesn't just bring a sneaky naggin out with her - she also brings a sneaky 1.5L bottle of coke! Just asks at the bar for a pint glass with ice, and she's sorted for the night!

Genius :P Have you seen the prices of soft drinks in bars?? Scandalous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

you're a fu*king liar ... or "troll" if you will. Some idiot who wants to create sh*t up. But feels an undying need to prove themselves right.
    Same person who "put a planket over the dish" and the seemingly the stupid partner doesnt even bother to check the "yay-high" dish ... same person who so called "watched" their neighbour steal their flower bulbs :rolleyes: who didnt say a peep to them ... what utter sh*t are you going to come out with next?

... or you going to get your 'dup' accounts to side with you again?
    how dare you call anyone stupid, people in glasshouses should not throw stones,
    i was hardly going to go out angry and fall out with neighbours over few bulbs,
    you think you are all that, at least i dont abuse others, i feel you are being very abusive at the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Good thread, so lets keep it that way. Ignore LighterGuy, he/she is just trolling.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mod:

Lighterguy banned. For being a dick and attempting to thread spoil.

Please carry on and thank you for the reported posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

towel401 wrote: »
    if you ever see dutch people in a shop in England. or Ireland it won't be long before they start saying things like "te duur" and "veel te duur" (too expensive)

Even I am not a dutch I am saying too expensive in Irish supermarket:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭facemelter

I always feel stingy when I bring a drink out with me but the prices of drink in clubs are ridiculous !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I've thought about that one myself but don't the barmen put two and two together and figure out what she's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

I've thought about that one myself but don't the barmen put two and two together and figure out what she's doing.

Yeah isn't that what kids do?
    Would have thought any barman would be fairly suss to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Genius :P Have you seen the prices of soft drinks in bars?? Scandalous :mad:

I was off drink for 3 weeks, and my favourite bar which does 3 euro pints until 11 at night, was charging €5.20 for a pint of coke! :confused: And not even a full pint at that. Still, I am back on drink tomorrow and I still love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

You drink coke by the pint?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

I worked with a guy years ago who would go from desk to desk picking newspapers and photocopy any article that interested him for reading at home that evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Got 2 euro scratch cards for a birthday from a relative (small family too) also from the same person got a 7up jumper (presumably got free in the past) for a birthday too. Stingy at it's finest! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Samich wrote: »
    Got 2 euro scratch cards for a birthday from a relative (small family too) also from the same person got a 7up jumper (presumably got free in the past) for a birthday too. Stingy at it's finest! :P
    It's more of an insult getting a really crappy cheap gift than not getting anything at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I must admit whenever I go out, I always get pints of tapwater (free :D) - but I will always insist on buying rounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

I was off drink for 3 weeks, and my favourite bar which does 3 euro pints until 11 at night, was charging €5.20 for a pint of coke! :confused: And not even a full pint at that. Still, I am back on drink tomorrow and I still love the place.

an brog is your favourite bar? is it the only one you've been to?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

kelle wrote: »
    I must admit whenever I go out, I always get pints of tapwater (free :D) - but I will always insist on buying rounds!

Do you only drink pints of tap water all night?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement