Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

my wedding date had to be changed today due to a mess up by the registar,

So instead of it being on a Thursday in may, It's now on the Wednesday the day before,

Rang my mum to let her know, got told

I'm going on holidays in june and only had time booked off for the thursday and friday and i don't want to go into work on the friday,

Can you not have it on the saturday as it would be more convienient for me,

Me - Our honeymoon starts on the saturday....

Her - Could you not just have the whole thing in the Registars office in Dublin you're putting extra stress and money i don't have on me,

*wedding is in kilkenny and she gets her room free*

After saying all that she says well just letting you know now i probably won't be able to make it, i can't afford to miss work.

This coming 2 weeks after she said how dissapointed and let down she would be if i didn't keep my surname.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You should change your surname out of spite now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

allanb49 wrote: »

So instead of it being on a Thursday in may, It's now on the Wednesday the day before,

I'm going on holidays in june and only had time booked off for the thursday and friday and i don't want to go into work on the friday,

Her - Could you not just have the whole thing in the Registars office in Dublin you're putting extra stress and money i don't have on me,

After saying all that she says well just letting you know now i probably won't be able to make it, i can't afford to miss work.

This coming 2 weeks after she said how dissapointed and let down she would be if i didn't keep my surname.

Your mam is a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

si_guru wrote: »
    Post on this subject again after you get a water meter!

The flush only probably uses 20% less water so is still hygenic!

Most modern toilets have a long and short flush - same thing so.

Where is the stinginess??

It says your location is from Kerry ... Nuff said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Ignore her. Not a hope would she miss the wedding.

• Advertisement

I'm just going to ignore what the woman says she has a mean streak a mile wide at times,

she will constantly remind me when i was growing up how she looked after me and my sister on her own taking a part time job so we could be provided for, even to this day she cries poverty and was giving out about how single mothers and foreigners get everything off the government (yup she's one of them)

I won't begrudge her for what she did for us and clothing and educating

but as Chris Rock once said the difference between black men and N word racial slur is the latter want credit for stuff you're meant to do,

I take care of my kids, of course you do you're meant to do that,

But back on topic, mothers mean streak,

Last year we couldn't pay our bills in may i was out sick for a few weeks and my fiancée was in college and not working, was living on her grant,

One of our bills came in and didn't have enough to cover it, so i asked the mammy for a loan of a €100 for 2 weeks, this was in March,

When i went to pay her back she said no take it as a gift, consider it your christmas and birthday present,

my birthday was in August, for christmas she gave me a pair of socks from pennys,

Also at christmas i won a kindle in work, so my fiancée who was going to buy one for her mum as she loves her one we decided to give it to her mum for xmas,

My mum then said that she expects to receive a gift of the same value as a kindle for xmas,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Last year we couldn't pay our bills in may i was out sick for a few weeks and my fiancée was in college and not working, was living on her grant,

Is this a lesbian wedding? in Ireland? :eek:

well i like women, a lesbian is a person who is attracted to women so i guess you could say that,

the short end of it is, my dad left when i was 6 never knew him etc,

my mum reverted to her maiden name but me and my sister kept my dads name,

my fiancées father only has two daughters and no one else to carry on the name and we both agreed that we'd carry on her surname rather than mine as i have no affiliation to my surname,

When i told my mum this she said how downright hurtful and disappointing it was and turns to my fiancée and says no offence but it would break my heart inside using guilt,

We're going to keep our names but be known as my fiancées side but just not tell her, as she won't see bills or anything,

Another stingy mother story to keep somewhat on topic,

She rang her local TD when my sister turned 18 and demanded to know why her child support was no longer being paid to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Sorry but your mother is loopy

Sorry but your mother is loopy

preaching to the choir,

but it means good stories for here when i unblock them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

people could do with looking up the difference betweeen stealing, being frugal and Stingy....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bambera wrote: »
    I think I may have gone overboard when I started stinking of fish on the bus (I thought I was being brave ordering cod that day :o)

"Price check on Vagisil"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Birneybau wrote: »
    "Price check on Vagisil"

Vagiclean

Little extra cheese on the taco?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

why not just keep your own name and let any children take your fiancée's name?

Why change yours?

thats pretty much what we're doing now, when we have kids, easier in the long run, just píssed with the mother for that response, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Blisterman wrote: »
    My friend's parents charge him £500 a month rent to live with them.
    Damn right!! I'd love to get away with 500 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

padd b1975 wrote: »
    So who ended up paying the bill?

He went around with the recipt and got most of the staff to stump up, two had legged it and he complained for weeks afterwards that he was stung for two drinks because the boss would not pay for drinks stingy ordered:p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Went on a date with a guy, finger food was ordered and his alcoholic drinks. I had non alcoholic drinks and had only a tiny bit of the platter. I offered to pay (just to be nice) he was all like "ye we will split the bill" so I ended up paying for half of everything!

At a later date I asked that if I had not offered to pay would he like it? And his responce was "No that would be a bitch thing to do"

Some guys are just too stingy on first dates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

ihsb wrote: »
    Went on a date with a guy, finger food was ordered and his alcoholic drinks. I had non alcoholic drinks and had only a tiny bit of the platter. I offered to pay (just to be nice) he was all like "ye we will split the bill" so I ended up paying for half of everything!

At a later date I asked that if I had not offered to pay would he like it? And his responce was "No that would be a bitch thing to do"

Some guys are just too stingy on first dates!

TROLL! :pac: ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

LighterGuy wrote: »
    TROLL! :pac: ...

If I was at least that would be half an excuse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

my wedding date.......
    my wedding date.......

So depressing I had to thank it twice.

New Mammy Story

On saturday night the family where out for my sisters 21st,

I went down to talk with my Uncle for a few minutes leaving the missus with my great aunts and mother,

My mum turns around to my fiancée and asks in front of her friend who my fiancée and myself have just met this evening,

"So are you going to invite Catherine to your wedding",

Not stingy but the blatent cheek of it

a woman neither of us had met before,

My fiancée said it's for family and our friends only.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I suspect, that's to stop the homeless sleeping there overnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

A girl I know who is getting married is having her hen night soon. Her sister (who has a very good job and no mortgage or commitments), who is her only bridesmaid won't go on it because she doesn't want to pay for a hotel room for a night.

I think thats bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I will freely admit that I haven't bought mayonnaise or ketchup in a while. I usually grab a fist of sachets when I buy a few sausage rolls, hash browns or whatnot. I am not mean, I am frugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I hate to say it but..........

Today I broke up with my Girl friend because valentine's day is next week! Saved myself ALOT of money though. :)

Today I broke up with my Girl friend because valentine's day is next week! Saved myself ALOT of money though. :)

I don't understand this mentality that you have to spend lots of money on valentines day. Neither me nor my girlfriend have a lot so money at the minute so were pooling our money and going to make a nice home cooked mean and enjoy a night in. For gifts were making each other something and while a lavish 5 star restaurant may be more in the norm we can save out money for another night when we can enjoy a quiet meal out without the hassle of wait staff trying to hurry us up so they can sit the next couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

You were in a relationship with this girl why exactly?? If you break up with her "because of" Val's day then you obviously didn't have much of a connection!

Plus, Valentines day doesn't have to be expensive, night in, nice dinner, bottle of wine/whiskey! I refuse to go out on Valentines night! total rip off.. food more expensive for that one night, you get a set menu and your hurried along! Went out once for Val night, never again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

hypermuse wrote: »
    You were in a relationship with this girl why exactly?? If you break up with her "because of" Val's day then you obviously didn't have much of a connection!

Plus, Valentines day doesn't have to be expensive, night in, nice dinner, bottle of wine/whiskey! I refuse to go out on Valentines night! total rip off.. food more expensive for that one night, you get a set menu and your hurried along! Went out once for Val night, never again!!

/Trold

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement