Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I don't understand this mentality that you have to spend lots of money on valentines day. Neither me nor my girlfriend have a lot so money at the minute so were pooling our money and going to make a nice home cooked mean and enjoy a night in. For gifts were making each other something and while a lavish 5 star restaurant may be more in the norm we can save out money for another night when we can enjoy a quiet meal out without the hassle of wait staff trying to hurry us up so they can sit the next couple.

A dinner in? Id hate for her to meet my parents. No Id want to have them gone from the house to do that.

hypermuse wrote: »
    You were in a relationship with this girl why exactly?? If you break up with her "because of" Val's day then you obviously didn't have much of a connection!

Plus, Valentines day doesn't have to be expensive, night in, nice dinner, bottle of wine/whiskey! I refuse to go out on Valentines night! total rip off.. food more expensive for that one night, you get a set menu and your hurried along! Went out once for Val night, never again!!

Oh well we did have a good connection. But I havent got a cent to my name. I told her that I dont have money and she said get a job! That was last week, so then I thought the best thing is to just break up with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I don't understand this mentality that you have to spend lots of money on valentines day. Neither me nor my girlfriend have a lot so money at the minute so were pooling our money and going to make a nice home cooked mean and enjoy a night in. For gifts were making each other something and while a lavish 5 star restaurant may be more in the norm we can save out money for another night when we can enjoy a quiet meal out without the hassle of wait staff trying to hurry us up so they can sit the next couple.

A dinner in? Id hate for her to meet my parents. No Id want to have them gone from the house to do that.

hypermuse wrote: »
    You were in a relationship with this girl why exactly?? If you break up with her "because of" Val's day then you obviously didn't have much of a connection!

Plus, Valentines day doesn't have to be expensive, night in, nice dinner, bottle of wine/whiskey! I refuse to go out on Valentines night! total rip off.. food more expensive for that one night, you get a set menu and your hurried along! Went out once for Val night, never again!!

Oh well we did have a good connection. But I havent got a cent to my name. I told her that I dont have money and she said get a job! That was last week, so then I thought the best thing is to just break up with her.
    Didn't think to try emmm...... Getting a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Went to one the lads house here, we were heading out...I politely asked for the 10er he owed me and if he didn't have then then it still was all goooood

he replied " Here mate the amount of times youve played fifa in my gaff....that runs up electricity and who has to pay for it?.....ME!"

he wasn't joking.

I'll continue to play fifa in his gaff on tick!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I went to college with a lad who used to walk from marino into trinity every day, rather than get the bus. Rain or shine, he would walk it. for 4 years.
    He also went 8 months without cutting his hair and grew a huge afro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

My GF stole my chewing gum while we were french kissing, how mean is that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

deccurley wrote: »
    A girl I know who is getting married is having her hen night soon. Her sister (who has a very good job and no mortgage or commitments), who is her only bridesmaid won't go on it because she doesn't want to pay for a hotel room for a night.

I think thats bollocks

I think it is bollocks that so many bridezillas brides expect their friends to shell out for pricey hen weekends away on top of the bridal shower(s), gifts, dresses, hair/makeup/accessories, and wedding-related hotel and travel expenses. Calm the fcuk down; you aren't the first person to ever get married, and you won't be the last. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭facemelter

retalivity wrote: »
    I went to college with a lad who used to walk from marino into trinity every day, rather than get the bus. Rain or shine, he would walk it. for 4 years.
    He also went 8 months without cutting his hair and grew a huge afro.

thats not stingy :P , someone walks instead of getting the bus . so what ?? whats the harm ? bus tickets can cost alot if you add them up , if i was to get the bus to college every day it'd cost me a fiver round trip , five time a week , 12 weeks a semester , two semesters a year , four years , thats 2400 euro :eek: ! so i cycle , and hey at least he's getting some exercise.

Didn't think to try emmm...... Getting a job?

ah em duh.....no I dident , as im doing a fas course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Don't you get an allowance on FAS courses?

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Don't you get an allowance on FAS courses?

Ya 31.70 a week leaving that in the bank and putting it towards my first motor! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

briantwin wrote: »
    Damo9090 wrote: »
    Is there not a total number of sheets on the packaging??

When you'rer that stingey im sure you'd count the number of chips you'd get in McDonalds because you'd think they were trying to rip you off.

I'm far from stingy but I counted the amount of chips I got last time I was in kentucky fried chicken.. I got seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Met my nephew for a drink after work last night. One of his co workers invited himself along. He is complete and utter tool with the social skills of a fruit fly, but there was no way to politely exclude him, so we just gritted our teeth and got on with it.

On the way to the pub, we stopped at a Spar as my nephew wanted to pick up a loaf of bread and some other stuff. He was asked by the cashier if he needed a plastic bag. Before he could answer, the coworker offered up the plastic bag out of his pocket that he brings his lunch to work in every day. T'was rather manky and food stained, but not wanting to appear rude, the nephew said thanks and took it.

Got to the pub. Nephew goes to bar to order a round. Comes back to the table with the drinks and throws his change on the table. Co worker then proceeds to root around in it for the 22 cents he then claimed he was owed for his plastic bag. Stingy fcuker. No wonder he has no friends !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Went to one the lads house here, we were heading out...I politely asked for the 10er he owed me and if he didn't have then then it still was all goooood

he replied " Here mate the amount of times youve played fifa in my gaff....that runs up electricity and who has to pay for it?.....ME!"

he wasn't joking.

I'll continue to play fifa in his gaff on tick!
    check the wattage of the console. If it's 250 watts then at 20c a unit it will cost 5c per hour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Neither me nor my girlfriend have a lot so money at the minute so were pooling our money and going to make a nice home cooked mean and enjoy a night in.
    Freudian slip? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I seen the most sting laden fûcker leave the biggest sting in this elephants side incapacitating it in seconds. needed an industrial pliers to extract it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

allanb49 wrote: »
    well i like women, a lesbian is a person who is attracted to women so i guess you could say that,

the short end of it is, my dad left when i was 6 never knew him etc,

my mum reverted to her maiden name but me and my sister kept my dads name,

my fiancées father only has two daughters and no one else to carry on the name and we both agreed that we'd carry on her surname rather than mine as i have no affiliation to my surname,

When i told my mum this she said how downright hurtful and disappointing it was and turns to my fiancée and says no offence but it would break my heart inside using guilt,

We're going to keep our names but be known as my fiancées side but just not tell her, as she won't see bills or anything,

Another stingy mother story to keep somewhat on topic,

She rang her local TD when my sister turned 18 and demanded to know why her child support was no longer being paid to her.

Why was your mum upset at the thought of you dropping your Dad's surname if she reverted to her own maiden name after the split?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

respect or some shít :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

*tumbleweed* more stingy stories people, love this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

how old are you? 12? in all fairness she is better off without

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

booboo88 wrote: »
    how old are you? 12? in all fairness she is better off without

A woman came into the pub last night and went straight to the counter and drank as much of a strangers pint as she could swallow before she got kicked out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Ya 31.70 a week leaving that in the bank and putting it towards my first motor! :)
    And how are you going to run a car on €31.70 per week? Petrol/Diesel, Tax, NCT/DOE, Insurance and maintenance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

charlemont wrote: »
    A woman came into the pub last night and went straight to the counter and drank as much of a strangers pint as she could swallow before she got kicked out.

It's even funnier when you piss into it before you abandon it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

in english is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

I worked with this bloke who was reknowned for being tight. There were about 6 of us in the boozer one night. One lad gets a round in, then another. So I say "Who wants a drink?" The hands go up and he says "Here, I'll give you a hand." So I get the pints in and he helps bring it back to the table.

The next round comes around and someone says "Who's round is it now?" and everyone turns to look at me including the d1ck who had "helped" me earlier. I was so shocked by his antics I thought it admirable! Pulled him aside and set him straight and he got his round - what a cheek!! :)

I get a lift to work with one of the dutch girls i work with,

Now prior to this i helped her get an apartment as she was left homeless after a falling out with a friend about money,

She offered to give me a lift to work seeing as i lived nearby so i thought great that cuts out the 2 hour commute,

Now she is on more money than me in the job, she boasts about it all the time, but today i offered "how much do you want for petrol money?,

last time i was getting a lift with a colleague they said 20 would be grand after i put up a fight saying no i wanted to pay, she said we both work in the same place and i like the company.

Today i asked how much would you like?

Without batting an eyelid she said €70 for the last few weeks.

I was gobsmacked and insulted, she offered me a lift, then backdates the lifts i've been getting, we work in the same building at the same times.

it's not shes going out of the way,

Am i in the wrong here for thinking €70 is too much to pay for a 20 minute lift to work daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Am i in the wrong here for thinking €70 is too much to pay for a 20 minute lift to work daily.

You can hardly blame her for wanting to go Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I get a lift to work with one of the dutch girls i work with,

Now prior to this i helped her get an apartment as she was left homeless after a falling out with a friend about money,

She offered to give me a lift to work seeing as i lived nearby so i thought great that cuts out the 2 hour commute,

Now she is on more money than me in the job, she boasts about it all the time, but today i offered "how much do you want for petrol money?,

last time i was getting a lift with a colleague they said 20 would be grand after i put up a fight saying no i wanted to pay, she said we both work in the same place and i like the company.

Today i asked how much would you like?

Without batting an eyelid she said €70 for the last few weeks.

I was gobsmacked and insulted, she offered me a lift, then backdates the lifts i've been getting, we work in the same building at the same times.

it's not shes going out of the way,

Why does it take you 2 hours to make a commute that takes only 20 minutes by car??

Luas, walk to bus stop, wait for bus, travel on bus arrive at stop and walk to work,

Car - M50 - in work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

years ago there was a man in our street who in the winter time bought a bag of coal
    he did,nt burn it he carried it up and down the stairs to keep himself warm:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement