Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I've a friend who never orders dessert, but will ask for a forkful 'to taste' of everyone elses at the table.

I hate petty meanness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Oh god I just had a flashback reading that. Three of my friends lived with two other girls when they were in college for a year. They didn't know them before they moved in. The girls generally behaved quite strangely towards them and very much kept to themselves. I used to call around in the evenings now and again and many evenings there was noise from the room above the sitting room like someone was moving furniture around the place. I asked my friends what was going on the whole time and they said they didn't know as it was the room of one of the other girls who kept it locked 24/7. This went on for a couple of months and the girls were getting a bit more curious..she didn't have a boyfriend in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway one morning she left for college in a hurry and left the bedroom door open, and one of my friends spotted it and went it, just to see what could possibly be in the room that she was dragging around every night. There was nothing in there except the usual - bed, locker, desk, wardrobe, so she had a quick look in the wardrobe, where she found a large Dell box and in it was a large desktop computer: monitor (the old ones, not flat screen this was about 10 years ago) keyboard, mouse, speakers, tower, and printer, the works. The girl was setting up her computer every night to use it for college work and then packing it away (the box being heaved into the wardrobe must have been the racket) in case any of my friends found out she had a computer and asked her to use it. Such an amazing waste of time every night.

would it not be easier to throw a sheet or tarpaulin over it to hide it instead ? And if she had an internet connection then wouldnt the flatmates already know someone is paying for it in order to use it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I know EXACTLY what you mean !

After a heavy meal in a restaurant, I like to have a cup of coffee fairly shortly after wards. Helps aid the digestion. God help you if you are out for a meal with my mother and you do that. She prefers to "let my dinner go down" before she has a nice cuppa at home 30 mins later. She has no problem eating a 40 euro steak, but if someone dares to order a coffee "when there is perfectly good tea and coffee at home" they will get a lecture about wasting money, followed by heavy signs and steely martyred silence, broken by the odd remark that " I didn't rear you to just throw money away".

It makes it impossible to enjoy the flippin' coffee, so I just don't bother ordering it anymore. I've tried to explain to her why I like to have my coffee so soon after I eat & not wait until I get home, but she just refuses to get it. Sigh...

ha, your ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Giselle wrote: »
    I've a friend who never orders dessert, but will ask for a forkful 'to taste' of everyone elses at the table.

I hate petty meanness.

Are you sure it's meanness or is it that weird psychological thing women do where they won't order a dessert because they don't want the calories but will eat some of your dessert even though this obviously makes no sense.

Sort of like the fat people who order Diet Coke with their Big Mac meal...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are you sure it's meanness or is it that weird psychological thing women do where they won't order a dessert because they don't want the calories but will eat some of your dessert even though this obviously makes no sense.

diet coke just tastes better :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

You realise that diabetics cant drink normal coke, it meant be an idea to think before you come out with such a ridiculous comment:rolleyes:

booboo88 wrote: »
    You realise that diabetics cant drink normal coke, it meant be an idea to think before you come out with such a ridiculous comment:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

And McDonald's food isn't full of sugar?

Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

psychward wrote: »
    would it not be easier to throw a sheet or tarpaulin over it to hide it instead ? And if she had an internet connection then wouldnt the flatmates already know someone is paying for it in order to use it ?

No this was back around 2000/2001. No Internet. She was only using it for typing essays etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

If you're a diabetic you probably shouldn't be drinking any coke, no?

Seachmall wrote: »
    If you're a diabetic you probably shouldn't be drinking any coke, no?

Diet coke is sugar free ;)

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

And McDonald's food isn't full of sugar?

Get a grip.
    It has a higher percentage of fat, you should propbably never eat it, burn every single mcdonalds.
    You ever hear of moderation?
    Really, no wonder you get self conscious while eating, people all feel they need to have an opinion :rolleyes:

It has a higher percentage of fat, you should propbably never eat it, burn every single mcdonalds.
    You ever hear of moderation?
    Really, no wonder you get self conscious while eating, people all feel they need to have an opinion :rolleyes:

Calm down will you.

McDonald's food is full of sugar, so if you have diabetes you should not be eating it.

It's not my fault you have issues with food or your weight or self esteem so stop lashing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Both of you can just eat this.
    Squ wrote: »
    1_277.jpg

Now back to stingy stories

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Herrick wrote: »
    Being from Cavan I would have thought you'd know all these things already :pac:

I thought I did too. Now I realise I've been wasting money for years on things like teabags, petrol and electricity. <Hangs head in shame>

Calm down will you.

McDonald's food is full of sugar, so if you have diabetes you should not be eating it.

It's not my fault you have issues with food or your weight or self esteem so stop lashing out.
    I just find your comment a bit harsh.... so what if a person orders a diet coke with mcy d's. does it affect you in anyway? No i didnt think so, im not lashing out, just pointing it out.
    Both of you can just eat this.

Now back to stingy stories
    What in the name of jaysus is that? It actually looks sickening.

I just find your comment a bit harsh.... so what if a person orders a diet coke with mcy d's. does it affect you in anyway? No i didnt think so, im not lashing out, just pointing it out.

I don't want to talk to you anymore, it is too painful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mod:
    If you want to argue about the nutritional merits of McD's go to nutrition and diet.
    If you want to insult each other head over to the thunderdome.
    If you disrupt this thread with bitching again you will be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod:
    If you want to argue about the nutritional merits of McD's go to nutrition and diet.
    If you want to insult each other head over to the thunderdome.
    If you disrupt this thread with bitching again you will be banned.
    Mod's being stingy with the bold text. It's free you mean fecker:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Just saw a guy pick up his dogs crap and take with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Kolido wrote: »

are you sure the crap belonged to his dog ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Perhaps leave it to the diabetics to decide what they can and can't eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

My brother was telling me about his stingy mate who will fix everyone up with a drink at an open bar, but then insists on getting a round in return when they move onto another venue.

My brother was telling me about his stingy mate who will fix everyone up with a drink at an open bar, but then insists on getting a round in return when they move onto another venue.

Its people like this that are the reason I stick to buying my own drink, I used to have a mate who'd buy an expensive drink when you were paying, but the cheap ones when she was, and Im still waiting for the money she borrowed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

How is that stingy? Wish people around here would Bleedin' do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Birneybau wrote: »
    How is that stingy? Wish people around here would Bleedin' do it!

That's the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

There's great heat in them, you can't put both hands in your pockets when you're holding the lead, a nice warm bag makes all the difference on a cold day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Stingiest I have seen was someone at a houseparty spilling a bit of cheap bubbly onto a table, then tilting the table, filling a glass with the spilled bubbly and drinking it... how low can you go :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

... how low can you go :D

soaking it up off the carpet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭Soups123

Cedrus wrote: »

There's great heat in them, you can't put both hands in your pockets when you're holding the lead, a nice warm bag makes all the difference on a cold day. :D

Agree I'd often use two bags halvo halvo a small bit of sealed warmt for each pocket.

My granda always said to me there is a stingy one in every group and if you don't know who it is it's you.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

In eleverys today, some man was buying runners for his son. Shop assistant showed him a pair for €6 that were old stock. (son was about 11 or so) He asked was that half price!? He was told the best he could do was €4.50, but he was still humming and hawing over that price and eventually the SA told him he could have them for €3. He bought them then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement