Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Hang around boards for a while, its only a matter of time before it reappears.
    Some muppet will swear it happened to them and have photos to prove it.
    Hold on... this is the story where someone met Bono in a restaurant and didn't realise he was sitting with Springsteen? And Springsteen took the photo? :D

Ya left out the part when he left the restaurant and met an American at a beeping pedestrian crossing who couldn't believe we let blind people drive here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My leaving cert business course has taught me that the retailer doesn't have to sell it for the advertised price, its called 'invitation to treat" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

ffs, ye are ruining a great thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Im only reading posts that have 5 or more thanks, too many non stinge posts lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

for the record my Dad has done that delivery trick a couple of times. he's a regular at the Chinese though so they don't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

So, i know someone who brings home the salt and red sauce from mac donalds there is a big tin of them in the house . now thats stingey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

So, i know someone who brings home the salt and red sauce from mac donalds there is a big tin of them in the house . now thats stingey

The odd time when a drive thru McDonalds is brought home they throw a ketchup or two into the bag, one forward thinking individual stuck them in a drawer, we ran out, but we didn't really ;)

Infairness stealing Heinz is better than buying Chef!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Hold on... this is the story where someone met Bono in a restaurant and didn't realise he was sitting with Springsteen? And Springsteen took the photo? :D
    Yeah thats the one.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

So, i know someone who brings home the salt and red sauce from mac donalds there is a big tin of them in the house .
    now thats stingey
    Meh. I do that. Not ketchup, but salt and sugar. Not from Maccy D's though as I never eat there. I use them that rarely, practically never, that there's really no need to buy full containers of them so it's handy to have the mini ones lying around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

When I was a student I had a friend who was working and earned a decent wage and lived at home not paying rent and stuff so she was fairly well off always looked groomed and dressed well, anyway whenever we went out she would try discretely go around the empty tables in the pub/bar that still had left over drinks on them and pour the leftovers into a glass and drink it....it was f*cking disgusting and I called her on it but she totally denied she was doing it :eek: she never bought a round of drinks but was quite happy to let others get one in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i do that and im anything but stingy. ive paid for the meal so if there are sachets on the tray i may as well bring them home and use them rather than seeing them going in the bin. thats just waste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Huggles wrote: »
    One of my mates is pretty bad. When we all go for a meal together she will take a calculator out and calculate her portion of the meal down to the last cent.

She's not in the south east is she, if she is I know who it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

No, this may be the policy in that garage, but it's not the law!!

I didn't get that policy from the garage I got it from Dunnes Stores. Thats why you see epos going around every day with their gun and printer checking prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I didn't get that policy from the garage I got it from Dunnes Stores. Thats why you see epos going around every day with their gun and printer checking prices.

Maybe I'm getting old. :o What are epos?

(Also, you're still wrong.)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

It stood for Electronic Point of Sales Equipment back when I worked in a shop. i.e. a fancy word for a till and scanner

As an aside, I love that this thread is still going, makes me laugh everytime I read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Maybe I'm getting old. :o What are epos?

(Also, you're still wrong.)

Wrong or not I don't want the hassle from a customer so if the manager can't be bothered to make sure everything scans and all the labels are correctly priced i'll sell it at the price thats advertised unless the item in question is marked with a specific price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Group of lads I know in college collect free Argos catalogues to use as fire starters in their rented accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Group of lads I know in college collect free Argos catalogues to use as fire starters in their rented accommodation.

Right job and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Wrong or not I don't want the hassle from a customer so if the manager can't be bothered to make sure everything scans and all the labels are correctly priced i'll sell it at the price thats advertised unless the item in question is marked with a specific price.

then you get fired, the end

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I remember in DIT, they used to charge something like 75c for a cup of hot water to make tea with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

That's to make sure they're not charging more or less than advertised. Charging more pisses off customers and charging less can lose money for you. Tesco gave the product for free if you were overcharged by even 1 cent.

They leave too much ash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I remember in DIT, they used to charge something like 75c for a cup of hot water to make tea with.

when i ran the catering for roches stores i charged 10c for hot water in the canteen after women started bringing in their own teabags. they were using the hot water without making any contribution to the cost of heating the water so i was well justified in doing it

when i ran the catering for roches stores i charged 10c for hot water in the canteen after women started bringing in their own teabags. they were using the hot water without making any contribution to the cost of heating the water so i was well justified in doing it

You charged staff for electricity used during their break? That is stingy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

thats just waste

The War Cry of the scab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

If you worked for me, you'd be fired - hows that for stingy?

Enough of the stupid boring arguments and on with the tales of stingosity. Best thread on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

More people should be "stingy".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

dsmythy wrote: »
    More people should be "stingy".

For the sake of this tread I totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

My brother in law stayed with use for four months, expected us to feed him and he gave us 200 euros... He had a very well paid job at the time and just came off working at a client site where his company put him up in an apartment, rent free... he spent nearly a whole year not paying rent...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

the customer has the right to get it at advertised price

Incorrect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement