Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

kyub wrote: »
    I swear, my missus would eat the ****ing hand off ya if you didn't have any wrists.

Best not look for a blow job then :pac::pac:

Company I used to work for used to have fridges full of minerals around the call centre, cans of coke, fanta, sprite, stuff like that. After a couple of years they changed from cans to bottles because people were always taking a load of cans home with them, when people started stealing the bin liners out of the desk bins to take home the bottles they removed the bottles and replaced them with the dispenser coke machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

I saw someone robbing packs of tampons out of an old pub condom/tampon dispenser that was broken once, haha in fairness its 89c for 20 in aldi if your that stuck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

mutley18 wrote: »
    This one always stuck with me, about 15 years ago I was in the car with my mother and we stopped to get petrol, pulled up to the pumps and the owner of the garage comes over to the window, she asks him for ten pounds of petrol and gives him a tenner. He pumps it and closes the petrol cap on the car and we are about to drive off but then he taps at the window, so my mother rolls down the window and he says "You owe me a penny I've gone over a bit" We laugh thinking he is joking, but no he is actually being serious! So she says "It's only a penny for gods sake and you pumped it!" He says "doesnt matter, you still owe me" She then tells him the tenner was the only cash she had on her and he says "right I will get it off you next time you are in then" We drive off as she mutters "you will me arse" under her breath.

His business has since gone tits up and we have to live with the guilt of never giving him that penny.

My Dad had a similar experience in London when he was on holiday. He went down to the garage/supermarket for the Sunday paper, and a youth came in to pay for his petrol - the customer said 'ten pounds' and held out a tenner, to which a fella shouted over to the man on the till, 'ten pounds and one pence'. The customer went to hand over another tenner and my Dad intervened, indignantly saying, 'here's a penny'. The customer politely refused and handed over the tenner, and got his £9.99 change back. My Dad told the shop keeper that he wouldn't bother with the paper.

The customer was a black youth, and the shop owners were of Asian origin (Pakistan / India), so I don't know if there was some element of race as a factor rather than simply being stingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I knew a lad in college who put a chicken steak into his bag and forgot about it until a week later. He then cooked and ate it. Needless to say, he didn't have a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

That Communion story reminds me, I was in A&E last Sunday week with my friend and a lady came in with her daughter (I assume) who had on her communion dress, the little girl had hurt her arm or something and the mother was sitting beside a lady and I heard her ask would she give the child a few bob for her communion.. I was in shock, if she'd asked me I'd have decked her! Balls of steel..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pretty stingy - Saudi princess Maha al-Sudani tries to sneak out of hotel in the middle of the night, with 41 staff and all their baggage.
    Get caught obviously... owes 6 million euro!
    http://www.rt.com/news/saudi-princess-skips-hotel-bill-851/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

My parents had a party the other week in the house for my bother who is going traveling.
    My mam invited a family,Friends. Word obviously got out and a neighbor who neither of my parents really talk to arrives. She's one of them Noisey neighbors who wants to know everyones business. The woman doesn't work but her husband is in full time employment at a well paid job.
    My mam asked the chef from my uncle's pub to do up sandwich's, sausages, etc for the party.

Noisy rude neighbor came, made sure she had Good feed and was well looked after with booze :rolleyes:

Due to every one leaving late my parents left the cleaning etc till the next morning. There was a lot of food and drink left over and was left out all night.

To our surprise the noisey neighbor knocks on our door pushing her noise threw our door asking if she had left her jacket behind :rolleyes:
    my mam invites her in to take a look for her jacket, she goes straight to the large table where all the left over food is and says - god that's an awful waste of food what are you going to do with it.
    my mam replies by saying - ah after been left out all night so I think I'll trow what I can to the dogs than Chuck the rest.
    Neighbor - ahh don't be daft, I'll take all that from you will come in handy for xxxx communion tomorrow :eek:

My mam just let her take them - what could she say like ? She didn't seem bothered about her "missing" jacket when she had gotten the left overs :rolleyes:

I hate to see any food been wasted but it's the simply fact that my mam hardly talks to woman and shes willing to walk in and take approx 3 large plates of sandwiches, and 3 other large plates of finger food that had been left out for well over 12 hrs where everyone was drinking,singing, talking over them and uses them the following day for her daughters communion.

Apparently she was also asking was there much drink left (alcohol) :rolleyes: my mam just told her no. She easily would have asked for the left over drink. Wouldn't be surprised if she went around my house picking up ends of bottles putting them into one large jug to make a jug of beer for her communion party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The local stingebag in my area sells turf for a living, a 'friend' of his calls in for a couple of bags when he is passing by one day, he had no money on him but being a friend Stingebag tells him to drop it in next time he is passing.

At this point you may be thinking he hardly sounds the worst, but wait for it.....

The poor chap drops dead from a heart attack a day or two later, the funeral arrives and Stingebag is there in his 30 year old suit, approaches the widow bawling her eyes out, shakes her hand and casually tells her that her husband never payed for the two bags of turf.

What an utter c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭batistuta9

mutley18 wrote: »
    The local stingebag in my area sells turf for a living, a 'friend' of his calls in for a couple of bags when he is passing by one day, he had no money on him but being a friend Stingebag tells him to drop it in next time he is passing.

At this point you may be thinking he hardly sounds the worst, but wait for it.....

The poor chap drops dead from a heart attack a day or two later, the funeral arrives and Stingebag is there in his 30 year old suit, approaches the widow bawling her eyes out, shakes her hand and casually tells her that her husband never payed for the two bags of turf.

What an utter c*nt.

GABOS

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

weemcd wrote: »
    That's all you need to hear right there, anyone who consider themselves or is "posh" is a snide cúnt by absolute definition. Worst class of people to deal with in any walk of life:

sense of entitlement
    stingy
    sarcastic
    brat children

how do you spot a snobby cúnt? you ask them what door number their house is, they will almost choke and go to great lengths to let you know their address has a name instead. You live in a 2 story detached house in an estate or just outside a fúckin town love, this isn't richard branson naming his estate. On the plus side though, anyone with no door number will have hell trying to get things delivered to their address :p

See above for the definition of "inferiority complex" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Bump up the stinge!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭beargrylls93

i have two good (in my opinion anyways :rolleyes: ) stories of people who were stingy... in retaliation more than anything ....

in my secondary school they used to charge for everything even though it was a public school, 500 euro 'voluntary subscription' each year, they made you pay for the writing paper you did your x mas tests on ( 20 euro each :mad: ... who the fook uses that much paper i wondered... ) ...'expelled' me once for finding 2 phones in my locker (searched randomly) after i got so mad about bein searched randomly like that, eventually they said i could come back after a 3 week suspension if i gave the school 250 euro :eek::eek::mad: you get the idea,

well anyways they brought in this recycling scheme where if you returned your bottles, cans, capri sun packages etc, well the older lads would literally go out to the bins in the back of the school and bring in well over 20 bottles each , a couple times a week , used to make me lol a serious amount about the little things people do to get one back on someone :)

in college last year i know a crowd who wouldnt buy heating for the house during the winter and instead broke up all the kitchen chairs and burnt them because for the previous two weeks, and many other occasions the newly installed gas system wouldnt turn on, i hope people can remember how cold last winter was......:P:P. ok ill admit it, it was us, but i am just happily leaving myself open to ridicule there :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

My uncle used to play an online shooting game called crossfire. You could earn in game credit by completing surveys on your mobile phone. You had to sign up to something that cost money. He ordered free sims from voda phone and signed up to over 2 thousand euros of surveys and then threw the sims out.

Also one of my friends will never pay for anything that you can get online. He modified his ds lite , bought an external hard drive (1tb) and he download med over 1000 games on pirate bay. Eah game cost 40 euros at the time. You do the maths!! He is scabby. He'd go to music shops, go to the till pretending he'd buy a cd. When about to pay he would just say " oh wait I can download this for free"

in my secondary school they used to charge for everything even though it was a public school, 500 euro 'voluntary subscription' each year,

<snipped, this thread is for stingy stuff. Not for you to rant about a person and call them racist etc.>

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

My neighbour refuses to breathe out. He's a tight fnck.

One last one. My brother found my granddads money box. It had 70 euros in but it consisted Of only 1 and 2 cent coins . He went to the bank and made a bank assistant count it. Then he went to Smyths and bought something for exactly 70 euros. It took the girl behind the counter about an hour to count. He also changes his birthday money into 1,2,5 cent coins just to piss people off :D

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    My uncle used to play an online shooting game called crossfire. You could earn in game credit by completing surveys on your mobile phone. You had to sign up to something that cost money. He ordered free sims from voda phone and signed up to over 2 thousand euros of surveys and then threw the sims out.

i didnt know stephen hawking had irish relatives, thats so cool !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

He'd go to music shops, go to the till pretending he'd buy a cd. When about to pay he would just say " oh wait I can download this for free"

Sounds more like a díck than stingy to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

One last one. My brother found my granddads money box. It had 70 euros in but it consisted Of only 1 and 2 cent coins . He went to the bank and made a bank assistant count it. Then he went to Smyths and bought something for exactly 70 euros. It took the girl behind the counter about an hour to count. He also changes his birthday money into 1,2,5 cent coins just to piss people off :D

That's not really stingy though, he spent the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

That's not really stingy though, he spent the money

Yes but someone elses money by the sounds of it.

In fairness he sounds like a right prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Also one of my friends... He'd go to music shops, go to the till pretending he'd buy a cd. When about to pay he would just say " oh wait I can download this for free"
    My brother found my granddads money box. It had 70 euros in but it consisted Of only 1 and 2 cent coins . He went to the bank and made a bank assistant count it. Then he went to Smyths and bought something for exactly 70 euros. It took the girl behind the counter about an hour to count. He also changes his birthday money into 1,2,5 cent coins just to piss people off :D

I'd say your brother and your mate get on fairly well together. They sound like really sound lads. Fair bit of spare time on both their hands to hang out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

i work in a golf course, doing reception, serving tea, coffee etc. There are a few people here who just refuse point blank to pay for coffee.....either lurk around until someone offers to buy them one, play the whole "throw us out a small drop there, the moneys in my golf bag and il drop it in to you"....never to be seen again......a coffee is €1.50???? seriously like??!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Yep. Golf clubs and teachers staff rooms,the meanest places on the planet;) Cute Hoors de lot of em!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Also one of my friends will never pay for anything that you can get online. He modified his ds lite , bought an external hard drive (1tb) and he download med over 1000 games on pirate bay. Eah game cost 40 euros at the time. You do the maths!! He is scabby. He'd go to music shops, go to the till pretending he'd buy a cd. When about to pay he would just say " oh wait I can download this for free"

lol That's not being stingy

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

jca wrote: »
    Yep. Golf clubs and teachers staff rooms,the meanest places on the planet;) Cute Hoors de lot of em!!

and you wouldn't mid....these are the same people that can pay a small fortune for their membership and from what i can see go on outings every weekend, go to spain,potugal etc on golfing holidays as well as their fa,ily hols.....but they dont have the money for a cup of coffee???!!! it baffles me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

The Cool wrote: »
    ...Last Christmas he split a multipack of sports socks between my brother and sister...

...Best bit is - this fella goes on three foreign holidays a year!!

At first I was like, "You know, times are tough...", but then I was like :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This thread has been dormant for far, far too long !

So I shall come to the rescue...no, no, no...no applause please. I consider it my civic duty.

Had a friend picked up at Dublin Airport a few days ago by her brother. She lives near The Point/O2 Arena so he figured going via the Port Tunnel was the best way to go. The brother doesn't know Dublin well, so getting off the motorway and taking her home via Santry/Drumcondra/town wasn't an option for the thick eegit who obviously hasn't heard of Google maps.

Anyhoo, as it was 9am, the ten euro peak time toll charge applied. (It's only three euros out of peak travel times which starts at 10am) She had been on the road for over 36 hours traveling back from Oz, but her cheapskate brother makes her sit an hour in an airport coffee shop so that they could get the cheaper off peak rate. The stupid wanker paid more for the coffees than he would if he had taken the bloody tunnel in the first place. Moron !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This thread has been dormant for far, far too long !

So I shall come to the rescue...no, no, no...no applause please. I consider it my civic duty.

Had a friend picked up at Dublin Airport a few days ago by her brother. She lives near The Point/O2 Arena so he figured going via the Port Tunnel was the best way to go. The brother doesn't know Dublin well, so getting off the motorway and taking her home via Santry/Drumcondra/town wasn't an option for the thick eegit who obviously hasn't heard of Google maps.

Anyhoo, as it was 9am, the ten euro peak time toll charge applied. (It's only three euros out of peak travel times which starts at 10am.) She had been on the road for over 36 hours traveling back from Oz, but her cheapskate brother makes her sit an hour in an airport coffee shop so that they could get the cheaper off peak rate. The stupid wanker paid more for the coffees than he would if he had taken the bloody tunnel in the first place. Moron !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Was at lunch with workmates one time; and when we went to pay I put €10 in the tip bowl (a couple of others didn't have any change, so I made up the difference as we were regulars and knew the staff well).

One of my colleagues - a noted miser - looked on in horror. He pulled out the tenner, pocketed it, and replaced with a fiver and walked out the door.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement