Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I have plenty of stingey mates but one of the lads stands out the most. I'll cut the sh1t, we don't like him but if we didn't let him hang around with us he'd have nobody else. His dad is a pr1ck and this is where he must of got his stingeyness. I would also like to mention this chap has never worked a day in his life and his dad funds his bank account!

1.Never buys a round of drinks, will happily take but not give!

2. He will ask for a lend of money, you wont see it again. You ask for a lend, there's no way you're he will give you a cent.

3. Went to Oxegen one of the years, he got a free ticket, came for a day and left. When asked for his wristband he wouldn't give it away unless they paid him €150!

4. Will never buy his own smokes (always take take take take take, when he does have smokes, he's robbed them from his mam and will charge you 50c for a smoke)

5. This has nothing to do with him being stingey but I thought I'd throw it in for the craic...when we were haven a few cans in his the other year, his dad was there and wouldn't let us drink vodka or swear...

6. He invited a couple of the lads to his for beers and pizza at his before heading out. The lads then got a taxi into town, this lad insisted the lads paid for his taxi to cover the cost of the pizza they took from his freezer that was bought by his parents...

7. The lads were en route to Vegas last summer, they stopped off at some taco place. This lad bought a massive meal, no way he could finish it. He offered his leftovers to the lads. You already know what's coming next....when paying he calculated the price of the food he gave away and demanded the lads paid for it (they obviously told him to fcuk off)

8. He gets a phone bill after America, he clearly doesn't pay for it himself but he gets a rather large bill as expected. One of the lads asked to use his phone so he could ring his phone to find it. He rang his phone approx 3 times, these calls were never answered. Without proof of his bill, he demanded one of the lads to pay him €60 towards his bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

this morning at the deli in centra, a woman bought a box of wedges.

She opened them up, called the deli lady and said "these are 1.70, yes? Put a few more in there".

The deli lady looked stunned as the box was already full. She put a few more in and wedges lady didn't even say thanks before walking away.

Me and deli lady looked at each other before I broke out laughing and asked her how much the wedges were.

I couldn't get over the stinginess of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

nbar12 wrote: »
    I have plenty of stingey mates but one of the lads stands out the most. I'll cut the sh1t, we don't like him but if we didn't let him hang around with us he'd have nobody else. His dad is a pr1ck and this is where he must of got his stingeyness. I would also like to mention this chap has never worked a day in his life and his dad funds his bank account!

It beggars belief why people hang around with him. He has no mates for a reason, it's because he's a scrounger and stingey to boot. Do him and yourselves a favour, sit him down and tell him what he's really like, if he doesn't cop on get the fcuk rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

1.Never buys a round of drinks, will happily take but not give!

2. He will ask for a lend of money, you wont see it again. You ask for a lend, there's no way you're he will give you a cent.

3. Went to Oxegen one of the years, he got a free ticket, came for a day and left. When asked for his wristband he wouldn't give it away unless they paid him €150!

4. Will never buy his own smokes (always take take take take take, when he does have smokes, he's robbed them from his mam and will charge you 50c for a smoke)

5. This has nothing to do with him being stingey but I thought I'd throw it in for the craic...when we were haven a few cans in his the other year, his dad was there and wouldn't let us drink vodka or swear...

6. He invited a couple of the lads to his for beers and pizza at his before heading out. The lads then got a taxi into town, this lad insisted the lads paid for his taxi to cover the cost of the pizza they took from his freezer that was bought by his parents...

7. The lads were en route to Vegas last summer, they stopped off at some taco place. This lad bought a massive meal, no way he could finish it. He offered his leftovers to the lads. You already know what's coming next....when paying he calculated the price of the food he gave away and demanded the lads paid for it (they obviously told him to fcuk off)

8. He gets a phone bill after America, he clearly doesn't pay for it himself but he gets a rather large bill as expected. One of the lads asked to use his phone so he could ring his phone to find it. He rang his phone approx 3 times, these calls were never answered. Without proof of his bill, he demanded one of the lads to pay him €60 towards his bill.

I'd definitely de-friend this lad. How tight can you get?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

... 8. He gets a phone bill after America, he clearly doesn't pay for it himself but he gets a rather large bill as expected. One of the lads asked to use his phone so he could ring his phone to find it. He rang his phone approx 3 times, these calls were never answered. Without proof of his bill, he demanded one of the lads to pay him €60 towards his bill.

Everything you said is bad enough, but this takes the cake :P

But I guess its just 'what can ya expect' - a person who has no issue with take, take, take would do or say anything. Demanding 60 euro for unanswered calls tho is enough to make someone go for him. The sheer cheek and neck.

I don't know how you can even be around him dude :P he is eventually going to screw you over (or at least try to)

• Advertisement

Everything you said is bad enough, but this takes the cake :P

But I guess its just 'what can ya expect' - a person who has no issue with take, take, take would do or say anything. Demanding 60 euro for unanswered calls tho is enough to make someone go for him. The sheer cheek and neck.

I don't know how you can even be around him dude :P he is eventually going to screw you over (or at least try to)

oh trust me he's the tag along. none of us text him about heading out or even for a game of 5 a side. We would rather play 5 on 4 that invite him! We have our own private facebook group which obviously excludes him! If somebody breaks a rule, punishment involves having to talk to this lad! He's moving to London to work in a big d1ck job that Daddy got him and he will know much he's liked when nobody goes and visits him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Did your buddy tell the stingey fella to go fcuk himself?

I don't get this "Ah he'd have no one if we weren't friends with him". If I don't like someone I won't go out of my way to be in their company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If you continue to hang around with stingy people then you deserve everything you get. It reminds me of the saying 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me '.

Sykk wrote: »
    Did your buddy tell the stingey fella to go fcuk himself?

I don't get this "Ah he'd have no one if we weren't friends with him". If I don't like someone I won't go out of my way to be in their company.

of course he told him to go fcuk himself! Like I said before, we don't go out of our way to be in his company. none of us text him, he hasn't been out much with us over the summer because there hasn't been any college to stalk people to find out what the plan is for that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

If you continue to hang around with stingy people then you deserve everything you get. It reminds me of the saying 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me '.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭listermint

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree that €3 is a bit pricey but the guy was taking the piss by stuffing 2 other jackets in with it and a handbag in with. I have had the case where a guy would hand in a jacket with a hoody inside and I was flexible and took it as I made a good bit as the club would have between 400 and 600 people on a busy night.

In the case of the jacket with the extra 2 jackets and a handbag he should have cut his losses and asked could he put 2 on one hanger and and the other jacket and the handbag on another hanger, which would have been €6. Instead of a possible €12 as I was really supposed to charge per item. I don't know if the club manager would have been flexible about me doing that but I didn't bring it up to him, The cloakroom was making decent money anyway and I didn't get too many people that did that to begin with. Most customers did complain about the charge, I always agreed with them and said "Can't do anything about it, sorry!:D

its also the policy of the place that 'we have no responsibility over lost or stolen items in the cloakroom' despite paying 2.50 for the privilege i had a 200 Euro jacket whipped on me in a dublin niteclub, scumbags, Manager wouldnt even agree with me the next day it was their fault.

listermint wrote: »
    its also the policy of the place that 'we have no responsibility over lost or stolen items in the cloakroom' despite paying 2.50 for the privilege i had a 200 Euro jacket whipped on me in a dublin niteclub, scumbags, Manager wouldnt even agree with me the next day it was their fault.

Who the hell spends €200 on a jacket?

Alot of people with nice jackets obviously. Apologies if you dont dress properly but the jackets i buy last 5 years or more. So it pretty cheap if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I have a leather jacket that is easily worth €200. Couple of casual coats that cost a lot more.

Surprised that €200 is considered expensive for a jacket TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

bijapos wrote: »
    It beggars belief why people hang around with him. He has no mates for a reason, it's because he's a scrounger and stingey to boot. Do him and yourselves a favour, sit him down and tell him what he's really like, if he doesn't cop on get the fcuk rid of him.

I agree, tell him straight to his face why people can't stand him. It's possible he doesn't realise (I myself used to do something that was upsetting people until someone told me straight).

Alot of people with nice jackets obviously. Apologies if you dont dress properly but the jackets i buy last 5 years or more. So it pretty cheap if you ask me.

this is actually a really stupid question from me! sorry about that, wasn't thinking properly! I'm just thinking about times now, I wouldn't be able to afford a jacket worth €200 but definitely would have spent that a couple of years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

That is pure horseshit. Sign isn't worth the paper it is written on! Small claims court there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm in shock after reading a few of them, but this one takes the proverbial biscuit.

He sounds like an absolute asshat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

My old man refused to buy a new toaster despite the fact that the current one has gone on fire. He also asked me to repair the kettle. Naturally I laughed at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Prometheus

Don,t think it is an urban legend, but was told this in all honesty from a person who is not known for tall tales.A guy booked a holiday that was a driving holiday around Florida. The deal price which was very cheap, was for two adults and two children, where you drove around Florida and stayed in a different hotel every few nights.This guy actually had three kids, so what he did every time he booked into a hotel, was to put the youngest kid in a wheelie suit case and wheeled the kid in and out each time they booked in and out of a hotel, so that staff would not see the third kid. And apparently he bragged about this when he got home!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You should be spending a lot more than €200 on a jacket if you want it to last for five years. Talk about stingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

We had a self service coffee and scones setup in our golf club. I was playing with a guy one day and whiler I was changing after the round he went to sort out the coffee and stuff. Now please bear in mind that this guy is a millionaire businessman and when I got to the lounge he said to me "I have paid for your coffee you can get your own scone" !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Confab wrote: »
    You should be spending a lot more than €200 on a jacket if you want it to last for five years. Talk about stingy.

>tumbleweed
    >

Confab wrote: »

Rolling in the mud are we ?

i tend to just wear them over my clothes and place them in theft prone clockrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Petca4 wrote: »
    Don,t think it is an urban legend, but was told this in all honesty from a person who is not known for tall tales.A guy booked a holiday that was a driving holiday around Florida. The deal price which was very cheap, was for two adults and two children, where you drove around Florida and stayed in a different hotel every few nights.This guy actually had three kids, so what he did every time he booked into a hotel, was to put the youngest kid in a wheelie suit case and wheeled the kid in and out each time they booked in and out of a hotel, so that staff would not see the third kid. And apparently he bragged about this when he got home!
    That's genius. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

All the money saved on the hotel costs will be repaid in therapy bills for the child in the suitcase! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The place to buy your jackets is Debenhams.

They have those 75% sales a few times a year and they ALWAYS reduce their jackets just before the summer season starts.

If often picked up 200 to 300 euro jackets for 50 to 70 quid.

Good quality gear too.

Apologies for taking the thread off topic peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

miamee wrote: »
    All the money saved on the hotel costs will be repaid in therapy bills for the child in the suitcase! :eek:

The child probably thought it was great craic. I know I would have if I was a kid. There again I would probably have made noise deliberatly in the case at reception just to wind the oul fella up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

And apparently he bragged about this when he got home!

And well he might. Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭batistuta9

oh trust me he's the tag along. none of us text him about heading out or even for a game of 5 a side. We would rather play 5 on 4 that invite him! We have our own private facebook group which obviously excludes him! If somebody breaks a rule, punishment involves having to talk to this lad! He's moving to London to work in a big d1ck job that Daddy got him and he will know much he's liked when nobody goes and visits him!

you need to think this through, london's a great city

you should head over 2/3 at a time & crash at his, he'll no doubt ask for money but keep putting it off, then leave, get him back in a way for what he's done/been like

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement