Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you need to think this through, london's a great city

you should head over 2/3 at a time & crash at his, he'll no doubt ask for money but keep putting it off, then leave, get him back in a way for what he's done/been like

Excellent idea! I am planning on going to watch Spurs play at least 3 times this season, so he could come in handy! This reminds me, two years ago we were in Boston, he left early because of repeats (told us his cousin was getting married even though our friend had the same repeat :pac:) anyway, he owed one of the lads around $150, being the gent that he is, he obviously didn't leave it for him, instead left him a note saying our other friend will pay him back, which was news to him and left him $150 out of pocket at a time when we were all incredibly broke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

nbar12 wrote: »
    Excellent idea! I am planning on going to watch Spurs play at least 3 times this season, so he could come in handy! This reminds me, two years ago we were in Boston, he left early because of repeats (told us his cousin was getting married even though our friend had the same repeat :pac:) anyway, he owed one of the lads around $150, being the gent that he is, he obviously didn't leave it for him, instead left him a note saying our other friend will pay him back, which was news to him and left him $150 out of pocket at a time when we were all incredibly broke!

I'm sorry but you guys actually do seem like you deserve what you are getting. A few times and you can accept it but that is far too much leeway that this guy gets. Your own fault I am afraid

I'm sorry but you guys actually do seem like you deserve what you are getting. A few times and you can accept it but that is far too much leeway that this guy gets. Your own fault I am afraid

I don't think people realise but none of us consider him (mr.X) as a friend, none of us text/ring mr.X about heading out, I and 99% of my mates don't like mr.X, he was never invited to come to Oxegen, Boston, California and the numerous sessions that have taken place over the years. There is one of our mates who feels sorry for mr.X because he is hated so he is the person responsible for telling mr.X about nights out etc. However this lad now hates mr.X (after a decade of being followed by mr.X) and he and 2 of the lads successfully hid their trip to South America. Mr.X found out about the trip the night before they were leaving. Then a week later mr.X says to one of the lads..."yeah well if I wasn't saving for London I would have went travelling with the lads"...excuse me mr.X you were never told about this trip! He is so deluded in his own little world that he is unaware of the hatred towards him.

Also, you's are probably wondering why the friend who used to feel sorry for mr.X would tell him about nights out. Well when he didn't tell him about a night out, mr.X sent him I sh1t you not 130 texts and 72 phone calls that night. He hasn't done anything too mad this summer other than getting hold of one of the lads' phone, discovering our secret group on facebook and then fraping the unbelievable sh1te out of him and adding him over 150 new friends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

nbar12 wrote: »
    I don't think people realise but none of us consider him (mr.X) as a friend, none of us text/ring mr.X about heading out, I and 99% of my mates don't like mr.X, he was never invited to come to Oxegen, Boston, California and the numerous sessions that have taken place over the years. There is one of our mates who feels sorry for mr.X because he is hated so he is the person responsible for telling mr.X about nights out etc. However this lad now hates mr.X (after a decade of being followed by mr.X) and he and 2 of the lads successfully hid their trip to South America. Mr.X found out about the trip the night before they were leaving. Then a week later mr.X says to one of the lads..."yeah well if I wasn't saving for London I would have went travelling with the lads"...excuse me mr.X you were never told about this trip! He is so deluded in his own little world that he is unaware of the hatred towards him.

Also, you's are probably wondering why the friend who used to feel sorry for mr.X would tell him about nights out. Well when he didn't tell him about a night out, mr.X sent him I sh1t you not 130 texts and 72 phone calls that night. He hasn't done anything too mad this summer other than getting hold of one of the lads' phone, discovering our secret group on facebook and then fraping the unbelievable sh1te out of him and adding him over 150 new friends...

I get that you do not consider him a friend but he has still managed to get on all your trips etc and not one of you has put a stop to it. Not having a go at you or anything but I am laughing that he has gotten away with it for so long, without at least one of you having a pop at him

I get that you do not consider him a friend but he has still managed to get on all your trips etc and not one of you has put a stop to it. Not having a go at you or anything but I am laughing that he has gotten away with it for so long, without at least one of you having a pop at him

ah yeah totally agree with you, when he found out about the secret fb group last week he texted all of us asking us to add him but we obviously had no idea what he was talking about. The main lad in our group who couldn't give a sh1t about peoples feelings is back from the states tomorrow so I'm sure he'll have a field day putting a stop to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Your group has a main lad? Was he elected or did he fight his way to alpha male?

Is that why you keep the annoying fella around so that if your alpha male is attacked by another pride you can offer him as a sacrifice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

More stories, less bollix.

Your group has a main lad? Was he elected or did he fight his way to alpha male?

Is that why you keep the annoying fella around so that if your alpha male is attacked by another pride you can offer him as a sacrifice?

nah i meant the main lad who couldn't give a sh1te about peoples feelings, there's no boundaries with him. However, we did have our own fight club to see who would be crowned the "main lad"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Can we stop talking about the ins and outs of this group dynamic with alpha males and stingebags and get back to the awesome stories please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Used to work in a nightclub about 5 years ago, on a normal night I would be serving or picking up glasses and washing them, but there was the odd night where I got stuck with cloak room duty so just had to take coats, hoodies, handbags etc...and charge €3 per item.

Got this guy at the counter and he hands me an expensive and heavily layered coat. He pays the €3 and walks off.

I go to hang the coat and notice there's 2 other coats stuffed in perfectly, sleeves and all and a handbag visibly sticking out of an inside pocket of one of the inner jackets.

Snakey Bastard!

Yes and he probably had to pay €12 to €15 admissions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

bijapos wrote: »
    I would probably have made noise deliberatly in the case at reception just to wind the oul fella up. :pac:

If this guy had been your dad he'd probably have sold you if you got him caught! Or tried to claim you were a very realistic ventriloquist doll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I NEVER pay the full bus fair. Is that stingy? It's 2.65 to get into town from Blanch these days and I just refuse to pay it. I gather lots of five, two, ten and twenty cent coins and fling them into the ticket machine before the bus driver gets to see it. He doesn't notice and I get to go to town for next to nothing. Win Win :D
    All my friends do this btw :L

I also refuse to pay a cent more for a meal when I'm with my friends. I'll pay for what I ordered and that's it. Not a hope I'm spending any more just cause someone else in the group is a gluttonous pig :L I'm a student with no job so I suppose that's why I get away with it :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I NEVER pay the full bus fair. Is that stingy? It's 2.65 to get into town from Blanch these days and I just refuse to pay it. I gather lots of five, two, ten and twenty cent coins and fling them into the ticket machine before the bus driver gets to see it. He doesn't notice and I get to go to town for next to nothing. Win Win :D

If I don't have enough busfare I get all the 1c coins in the house and put a fistfull of them into the coin slot. Driver is welcome to count it if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

I also refuse to pay a cent more for a meal when I'm with my friends. I'll pay for what I ordered and that's it. Not a hope I'm spending any more just cause someone else in the group is a gluttonous pig :L I'm a student with no job so I suppose that's why I get away with it :L

I hope I never meet someone like you. You are a thief and your cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

There was a guy who was a local in the bar I worked in when I was sixteen. Biggest tight arse you'd ever meet... Used to make me pull is Smithwicks with no head cause you get "more in the glass"!!

I hope I never meet someone like you. You are a thief and your cheap

So I rob the CIE of their already overpriced fare? So what! :L

Why would I pay for someone elses food? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You should walk to town then. Or cycle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Malown

Someone tearing up a newspaper in McDonald's that they paid for so that no-one else could read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Malown wrote: »
    Someone tearing up a newspaper in McDonald's that they paid for so that no-one else could read it!

Do people actually do that?:confused: Why bother?!

I know of a fella that strolled into the barbers and asked would they cut his hair for half price as he would only like half his hair cut :confused:

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »
    You should walk to town then. Or cycle.

Nope, don't see why I should. The bus drivers are too lazy to count the money. That's not my problem :L

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

You sound like a negative creep. Not a cent more?

The bus driver sees the change when you throw it into the machine. That's how they work. I'd say you do pay the full fare sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Get a job you stingy git and start paying your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 overdar26

biggest tight arse ive ever met is a lad i work with when he goes shopping he takes the stalk out of tomatoes and vines from grapes just so they weigh less on the scales!!!

but the best one by far is the fact that he washes plastic disposable cups and reuses them hhahahahahah

seen someone taking ketchup packets and salts from mcdonalds and using them at home

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

Nope, don't see why I should. The bus drivers are too lazy to count the money. That's not my problem :L

They are not too lazy, you already said that you go out of your way to make it difficult for them to count it by using small change. the driver is going to try his/her best to get all the contributing members of society to their stop on time so he/she is not going to waste their time on a miserable tightarse like yourself by counting out your pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

So I rob the CIE of their already overpriced fare? So what! :L

Its like you're that priest with the ear ring from Father Ted.

And are you actually failing to use emoticons correctly? I'm lost for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,374 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I know of a fella that strolled into the barbers and asked would they cut his hair for half price as he would only like half his hair cut :confused:
    Cue the barber cutting the hair on the left side of his head only or using a zero blade. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its cheap tossers not paying their fare that keeps them high

You sound like a negative creep. Not a cent more?

The bus driver sees the change when you throw it into the machine. That's how they work. I'd say you do pay the full fare sometimes.

Well I obviously pay a tip and stuff like that but I just don't see a point in me paying for someone elses food. It works both ways BTW. If I've ordered more than everyone else I still pay for whatever I've ordered. Idon't want anyone else paying for my food either.

I used to pay full bus fare until they raised the price. I get away with the child prices as I look young still so most of the time I get a child price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

I thought the machine counted the money for him :eek: I remember on the old city imp buses they didn't though. Seriously though, it's just mean and then he may get in trouble for it if it doesn't match. Just get a leap card or get a travel 10 if you want a few cents cheaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement