Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

its cheap tossers not paying their fare that keeps them high

I think you'll find that it's actually inflation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

jca wrote: »
    Get a job you stingy git and start paying your way.

Oh you're right! Why didn't I think of that before? :eek:
    a5y wrote: »
    And are you actually failing to use emoticons correctly? I'm lost for words.

Yes, hit me where it hurts, my emoticon using skills. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

I've no love for cheap tossers, but really? Nothing to do with the rising cost of oil? Poor planning and bad management? The pensions? The amount of public sector funding public transport in Ireland gets?

That's a gross simplification.

Yes, hit me where it hurts, my emoticon using skills. Well played.

I don't want to hit you were it hurts. Plainly your wallet is so close to your heart I could be done for manslaughter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Well I obviously pay a tip and stuff like that but I just don't see a point in me paying for someone elses food. It works both ways BTW. If I've ordered more than everyone else I still pay for whatever I've ordered. Idon't want anyone else paying for my food either.

I used to pay full bus fare until they raised the price. I get away with the child prices as I look young still so most of the time I get a child price.

I prefer to split the bill up properly and not just divide it by four or whatever but I don't make myself sound like a scabby c*nt when I say it.

• Advertisement

I prefer to split the bill up properly and not just divide it by four or whatever but I don't make myself sound like a scabby c*nt when I say it.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

snubbleste wrote: »
    How is that stingy?
    Shops are obliged to charge 22c on the bag unless it is expicitly used for loose fruit&veg or at the meat/fish counter. Obviously he pays this at the checkout. Otherwise he's just stealing them.

Its worse than that. Its actually illegal to let him "steal" the bags. If the staff do not confiscate the bags they are evading the bag tax by providing bags for free.

Its worse than that. Its actually illegal to let him "steal" the bags. If the staff do not confiscate the bags they are evading the bag tax by providing bags for free.

Has anyone lit up the bat signal yet?!

I've chanced my arm on Dublin Bus a few times. They don't give change when you overpay so I don't mind underpaying by 20c rather than overpaying by €1.80

I've chanced my arm on Dublin Bus a few times. They don't give change when you overpay so I don't mind underpaying by 20c rather than overpaying by €1.80

But you can save up your ticket stubs, and spend a day going into the CIE offices to get it back.

... once you have the busfare to get there of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

You can just post them to a charity who will get a load of them at once, and bring them to Dublin Bus. I know Concern are always happy to get them.

You can just post them to a charity who will get a load of them at once, and bring them to Dublin Bus. I know Concern are always happy to get them.

Yea we gave ours to charity. It came to about 50 euro between 3 of us! And we had thrown away the majority

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

But you can save up your ticket stubs

On a couple of occasions I have put in a €2 coin for a €1.85 fare and not gotten a refund ticket.

On a couple of occasions I have put in a €2 coin for a €1.85 fare and not gotten a refund ticket.

Dirty scumbag thieves!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I never have the gall to ask for it and then end up annoyed with myself for letting them away with it. Ruins my day. Fecking bus drivers.

If you said "€1.85" as you put the money in the thing then the bus driver automatically assumes that you've put the correct change in. In this case you should make sure he sees the money that you put in so that he can give you a refund ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭King Cantona

lads you´ll love this one.. there´s a lad on my football team that is so pissed off about the water charges that he´s invested in a load of cling film. He lines each dinner plate with cling film and discards the plastic instead of washing up after dinner. tight fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lads you´ll love this one.. there´s a lad on my football team that is so pissed off about the water charges that he´s invested in a load of cling film. He lines each dinner plate with cling film and discards the plastic instead of washing up after dinner. tight fecker

thats a great idea

But what about the bin charge? And the cost of clingfilm?

But have we even started getting charged for water yet? I havent :confused:

• Advertisement

Cling film is much dearer than water to fulfil the same purpose!
    Nonsensical stinginess is the best!

Stingyness Tip of the day!

Next time your paying the toll, go to one of the basket lanes and innocently put in a couple of coppers. Now innocently reach below to retrieve your coppers after you've discovered they're not accepted. Not only will you coppers be there, but dozens of others from the people that payed their toll earlier on that day and were too lazy to retrieve them.

It works, happens to me recently.

Very stingy, I know. Got about a euro though:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

listermint wrote: »
    nbar12 wrote: »
    Who the hell spends €200 on a jacket?

Alot of people with nice jackets obviously. Apologies if you dont dress properly but the jackets i buy last 5 years or more. So it pretty cheap if you ask me.
    Properly???
    **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hope he's stingy with sharp knives and pointed forks too...

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Victor wrote: »
    Cue the barber cutting the hair on the left side of his head only or using a zero blade. :)

Which he'd well deserve!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056722761

Guy looking to get out of a fine for not paying the correct fare on Dublin Bus. He only paid 1.90 when he should have paid 2.65.

He drives an Austin Martin DB7.

No he doesn't. That was a joke about his username.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

That is pure bollocks and I pay my bus fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This thread is for real stories, not ones you made up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

So I rob the CIE of their already overpriced fare? So what! :L

Why would I pay for someone elses food? :L

So I think you have too much stuff so I rob your house! So what?

• Advertisement

So I think you have too much stuff so I rob your house! So what?

Suppose you could try.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement