Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Boombastic wrote: »
    I don't think it worked too well, always a faint smell of old sh1t. Itchy hole was a symptom:pac: I'm not sure about the ink but.......

Girls never stayed too long, he's with someone now a few years - she must buy the toilet roll:)

Just goes to show there's someone for everyone, disgustingly comforting as that thought is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I know a guy; in his thirties must have 300k put away by now and still lives at home with his mother.

Dresses like a painter-decorator even on a night on the tiles. At least wear your wealth a bit, if this mysterious potential wife-to-be is such a priority I say.. went into town with him specifically to eat one night "lead the way.." ended up in Charlie changs.

Question of taste? Maybe, but I know a miser when I see one. In comparison I've not a bean, but look a million dollars. Strictly in comparison

Hard to know if that's stingy or not really. He could be saving up the money for something big and not have much interest in fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

recyclebin wrote: »
    I thought everyone did that in college. That's not stingy. That's just being a broke student.

Suppose... :) He's on over 90k a year now, hope he's buying decent bog roll :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

danslevent wrote: »
    Would it wipe well though? I imagine you'd have a whopping itchy bum bum.

Whats black and white and red all over?

That guys arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Years ago I share and apartment (not for very long) with a guy who wiped with newspaper. He would read it while doing his business and then wipe with it:(
    Novel way of getting cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Victor wrote: »
    Novel way of getting cancer.

Are newspapers carcinogenic?!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

face1990 wrote: »
    Are newspapers carcinogenic?!

Rubbing the ink and paper bleaching products on the blood vessels of your anus (the skin there is very thin) can't be good. I don't think there is a particular problem with normal newspaper use. :D

http://www.newstatesman.com/business-food-and-drink/2011/03/recycled-packaging-oils-found
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1127912/

In the past there were cases of people absorbing PCBs from bleached toilet paper: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychlorinated_biphenyl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

danslevent wrote: »
    I work for a family that own a lot of businesses around Ireland. They are all entrepreneurs and over the many years of business owning have generated a lot of wealth, would probably be one of the richest families in my town. They are known for their stinginess and misery but I never knew how bad it was until I started working for them.

One of family members, an elderly enough lady, is always coming into the shop (fair enough, her son owns it!) and she roots through the bins to see if we are throwing out anything deemed "valuable". She has be known to take out old bank bags (the ones coins come in) to re use them even though we already have so many. Every surface of her house is filled with old newspaper and just general crap that she can't bear to throw out in case she has a use for it.

The worst bit is she is in charge of supplying us with soap for the bathroom and just general cleaning products for the shop. So I have to clean the business with her cut up old pairs of knickers. Sometimes there are childrens' knickers so I assume she also hoards her grand childrens old clothes. Fair enough uses old rags etc for around your own home but supplying your employees with your old under wear to clean your business is just downright stingy. I really don't know how she isn't embarrassed, maybe she thinks we don't notice the general knickers shape/occassional bow on the elastic but more than likely she just doesn't give a sh*t :P

What's wrong with reusing coin bags!! Knickers thing is funny though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

know loads of tight people and users but 1 guy sticks out, guy i knew in college, from a well off family, got a college grant and had a part time job, didnt drink. told us he lived on rice crispies and bread and only had a hot meal once a week. he once sat with us while we ate in the college canteen,then to the college bar buying nothing and just sitting there looking into our mouths. then one time on a break from class he saw that there was 20 cent stuck in a vending machine so he tried to get it out with a tooth pick for at least 20 mins, he was fuming that he didnt manage to get it out, never saw someone so angry over 20 cent lol

another really tight guy i know once went to america and insted of staying at a hotel he stayed with his ex girlfriend and her BOYFRIEND just to save money then he had the cheek to try it on with her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

know loads of tight people and users but 1 guy sticks out, guy i knew in college, from a well off family, got a college grant and had a part time job, didnt drink. told us he lived on rice crispies and bread and only had a hot meal once a week. he once sat with us while we ate in the college canteen,then to the college bar buying nothing and just sitting there looking into our mouths. then one time on a break from class he saw that there was 20 cent stuck in a vending machine so he tried to get it out with a tooth pick for at least 20 mins, he was fuming that he didnt manage to get it out, never saw someone so angry over 20 cent lol

another really tight guy i know once went to america and insted of staying at a hotel he stayed with his ex girlfriend and her BOYFRIEND just to save money then he had the cheek to try it on with her.

lol that was funny about the 20 cent. It could have become like a kind of challenge or game for him though, I'm sure he didn't really care that much about 20 cent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

lol that was funny about the 20 cent. It could have become like a kind of challenge or game for him though, I'm sure he didn't really care that much about 20 cent.

if you knew him you wouldnt say that. outsmarted by a vending machine lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Victor wrote: »
    Rubbing the ink and paper bleaching products on the blood vessels of your anus (the skin there is very thin) can't be good.

That's disgraceful! They should put warnings on newspapers, letting people know not to let the newspaper contact their anuses.
    Maybe also some graphic pictures of anal cancers, just to get the point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

That guy is a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Years ago I share and apartment (not for very long) with a guy who wiped with newspaper. He would read it while doing his business and then wipe with it:(

He had no shame in telling us how industrious he was

Did he use the business section? :pac:

I'll leave quietly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

My brothers father in law crashed the car, he was grand, car was a right off, all smashed in on one side. Got the car towed back to house. While the car was at home and he waited for the scrap man to come and collect it, he got out a bit of hose and sucked the petrol out of the tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

MJ23 wrote: »
    My brothers father in law crashed the car, he was grand, car was a right off, all smashed in on one side. Got the car towed back to house. While the car was at home and he waited for the scrap man to come and collect it, he got out a bit of hose and sucked the petrol out of the tank.

To be fair the price of petrol these days I wouldn't blame him for sucking the petrol out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

He had no shame in telling us how industrious he was

Dailymail ;) I would have expected nothing less:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

areyawell wrote: »
    That reminds me I guy a lived with never ever bought bog roll and got sick of him using mine, he'd use a roll in a day. He asked me did I buy any and I said no and stopped giving it to him. He was a college student and then used a4 sheets of paper to wipe his arse. Afteraround two months I called the landlord because the upstairs and downstairs toliets were blocked and Landlord had to call a plumber and took days cleaning out all the paper from the pipes. Landlord kicked him out. It was quite disgusting

He needs one of these even better value for money with the cost of paper these days
    http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=electric+toothbrushes&um=1&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1024&bih=634&tbm=isch&tbnid=pRWZ4Vg7FABxzM:&imgrefurl=http://www.svubit.org/best-electric-toothbrush-2012/&docid=FpfTGSVYtqJXdM&imgurl=http://www.svubit.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/electric_toothbrush.jpg&w=300&h=300&ei=uEhcUOuEN4XBhAe1goHQCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=758&vpy=4&dur=278&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=147&ty=74&sig=105071200722803123229&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=126&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:149

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Id do the same :)

Few drums and use it in the lawnmower.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

This guy I know in college, he is quite a stingy bugger. One night we went to a pub for a few pints and at closing time he went to the toilet and dismantled (probably broke) the toilet roll holder so he could take the roll inside it and it was one of those big rolls so he couldn't just stroll out the door with it because theres always a traffic jam of people on the way out and he would easily be spotted by a bouncer so he asked me to hide it in my jacket because he was only wearing a t-shirt. On the way out people would notice it and laugh at me but I got out with it and gave it back to him.

Probably not the stingiest thing ever but it was a gringe worthy moment for me thats why it is stuck in my memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I'd do the same, but go one further and dismantle everything of value of the car and sell the parts on donedeal or wherever. Then I'd ring the scrap man.

You can make a few hundred easily off engine parts, interior parts, trim etc. It's not being stingy, just not throwing away some ready cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

bijapos wrote: »
    I'd do the same, but go one further and dismantle everything of value of the car and sell the parts on donedeal or wherever. Then I'd ring the scrap man.

You can make a few hundred easily off engine parts, interior parts, trim etc. It's not being stingy, just not throwing away some ready cash.

Why would you do that when he pays you to get the scrap car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

gringe worthy moment.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Don't know if this is stingey or entrepreneurial. What with the tough times and all some of the Neighbours came up with an idea to help each other out the idea was to set up a facebook page for other neighbours if you had items that where of no use to you but still in good order they would be offered to others in need. Every so often they offer up unwated stuff ranging from used kids Clothes to old furniture to books/CD's/DVD's and bric a brac. There's one particular neighbour that always seems to on the page requesting the said items, no matter what is offerd up litearlly seconds after the initial post their on saying me please!! Anyway one of the neighbours offered up some baby stuff (High Chair,Cot,Clothes etc) and this neighbour was in like a shot. Now the neighbour was not pregnant so there was some suspicion that something was off. It was the following week when they where seen by the offeror in a market selling the items thay had bagged. Needless to say they were highly embarrased and haven't been see on the site for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

TheBlock wrote: »
    Don't know if this is stingey or entrepreneurial. What with the tough times and all some of the Neighbours came up with an idea to help each other out the idea was to set up a facebook page for other neighbours if you had items that where of no use to you but still in good order they would be offered to others in need. Every so often they offer up unwated stuff ranging from used kids Clothes to old furniture to books/CD's/DVD's and bric a brac. There's one particular neighbour that always seems to on the page requesting the said items, no matter what is offerd up litearlly seconds after the initial post their on saying me please!! Anyway one of the neighbours offered up some baby stuff (High Chair,Cot,Clothes etc) and this neighbour was in like a shot. Now the neighbour was not pregnant so there was some suspicion that something was off. It was the following week when they where seen by the offeror in a market selling the items thay had bagged. Needless to say they were highly embarrased and haven't been see on the site for some time.

Jaysus, that's bad form. It's not just stingy, it's cuntish. What a fooking pikey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Why would you do that when he pays you to get the scrap car?

Paying for scrap they usually only pay for the weight of the car, so you get €150-180 depending.

Flog off a few bits like doors, alternators, starters, engine, exhaust etc etc and you should get several hundred depending on the car. When this is done you'll still get €100-140 for the scrap metal value of the car.

Not stingy, just handy money for a couple of hours work.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Blondes have more fun

That's funny!
    Good for him

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

emzolita wrote: »
    gringe worthy moment.

:D
    My sincere apologies. I would put that one down as a grammatical error rather than not understanding the phrase though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭listenup

TheBlock wrote: »
    thats a stink act

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I hate mean people.

This. Disgusting parasites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement