Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I don't hate people, but I fucking hate that guy you're describing, the worst job I ever had was in a sorting centre, the place where your recycling goes when you wave goodbye to it, and the worst thing about that job was the surprises*, e.g. finding perishable things that people hid in the recycling because they're so bloody clever, several weeks later, when it's practically walking. That arsehole and his ilk made that job so much more soul destroying. People get paid to go through your recycling, so don't make their job worse just because you're tight/lazy and stop giving them all your banking details, not that they use them but come on, who gives strangers their banking details?

*Except surprise monies, people throw out a lot of it, I'm so stingy I kept it.

No such thing as a victimless crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

sligojoek wrote: »
    No such thing as a victimless crime.

What about indecent exposure in a blind peoples institution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

stmol32 wrote: »
    What about indecent exposure in a blind peoples institution?

They might have a stroke:)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

We used to hang out with this girl who was so tight, one nite about 10 of us in a round,everyone buys a round and when it comes to her she stays sitting, we said "it's your round" she replies.. "I never agreed to be in rounds' wtf.. you accepted and drank all the drinks that were bought all night... we kept at her and eventually she threw 10e on the counter and stormed off... the rounds were about 40e each!

another friend brings a bottle of wine but if she doesn't finish it she takes it home next day.

An aunt invited herself and her kids to stay with my sister, she brought loads of sweets, their fav cereal ect and kept them in her room so my sister or her kids couldnt have any.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

paultronix wrote: »
    another friend brings a bottle of wine but if she doesn't finish it she takes it home next day.

Well it is her wine. You're claiming the wine for yourself just because she brought it to your house?

The way you've described it here it's perfectly acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Well it is her wine. You're claiming the wine for yourself just because she brought it to your house?

What a charming house guest you must be.

Katgurl wrote: »

What a charming house guest you must be.

What the f*ck are you talking about? She brings the wine over for herself. If she came over for dinner and handed the bottle to the host and says "that's for ye" and took it home, that would be completely unacceptable.

If they go for a booze up in someone's house, sleep there and head of the next morning, I don't see why the host has a right to their alcohol. It's their f*cking stuff!

The way it was described it sounds like the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

What the f*ck are you talking about? She brings the wine over for herself. If she came over for dinner and handed the bottle to the host and says "that's for ye" and took it home, that would be completely unacceptable.

If they go for a booze up in someone's house, sleep there and head of the next morning, I don't see why the host has a right to their alcohol. It's their f*cking stuff!

The way it was described it sounds like the latter.

The point was that she goes home with the remainder of last night's wine rather than binning it like any normal person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Who throws away alcohol?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I must not know many "normal people" because many people I know who opened a bottle of wine would put the cork back on and put it in the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I don't get why you can't keep the rest of your wine...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Newaglish wrote: »
    I don't get why you can't keep the rest of your wine...?

I don't either, i always bring my beer with me when I leave a house or might call for it the next day. Don't care if they said they drank it or whatever. Thats not at all stingy especially if your a student, its the norm!

poisonated wrote: »
    I must not know many "normal people" because many people I know who opened a bottle of wine would put the cork back on and put it in the fridge.

That's slightly different, it becomes stingy when you're carrying it across town or in a taxi after a houseparty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

That's slightly different, it becomes stingy when you're carrying it across town or in a taxi after a houseparty.

No, you're wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Its not stingy at all, its there alcohol which they paid for and maybe they want to polish it off or have it for the cure the next morning. I bring Fifa over to a friends house when he has a house party and bring it home with me or collect it the next day. Is that stingy or should I let him keep it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

areyawell wrote: »
    Its not stingy at all, its there alcohol which they paid for and maybe they want to polish it off or have it for the cure the next morning. I bring Fifa over to a friends house when he has a house party and bring it home with me or collect it the next day. Is that stingy or should I let him keep it?

It would depend on the score in the game, according to FIFA Apology rules if you lose by 20 goals you must never play the game again.

The point was that she goes home with the remainder of last night's wine rather than binning it like any normal person.

Mother of Jaysis, I've heard it all now.

The normal thing to do is to drink it. Ya maniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Why wouldn't I?

Don't get your knickers in a knot, the story has a happy ending. Five years later, after I was so consumed with guilt, I decided to confess my sins to the Almighty God and sought forgiveness, and the Great Lord in his greatness cast his light upon me and forgave me.

The End

nah, not buying it, your still a POS

areyawell wrote: »

If you put it in the fridge afterwards it's fine. But if you bring it home in a taxi then your whole life it's a big joke and you're a stingey fecker. Hang your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Students own the drink they bring to a house, they can do whatever they like with it, in the real world a guest brings wine to dinner as a sort of gift for the house, their contribution to the hospitality, it's appallingly stingy and rude to take the bottle home with you in that scenario.

...In my opinion...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

My mate is a stingey cow with drink, night out and we were all merry and every time I walked towards the bar for a drink she was there like a leech, I got several drinks in and to rub in her stingeyness she gave me a free lemonade that she got!!! Agghhh!!! That irritated me so much

At her house party we all brought out own booze I had two Cosmo Smirnoff bottles (it's very weak and was gone quick) she had a bottle of vodka that was an ornament on her counter, it was only a small bottle so me and my mate walked to the off license in the freezing cold and bought a extra large bottle of vodka (so we didn't run out again)
    When we got back she was like ohh you shouldn't have gone I've a bottle here..

When she went to the bathroom we cracked it open and lashed back a shot each, it was water!!!!!!!

She doesn't know to this day that we know it was only water, we topped it up with water, on the way to the hotel for afters (without her), my bottle of vodka disappeared... The next day she insisted it wasn't at hers, she kept my bottle!!!! It was like 60e!!! Cow!!

Wouldn't mind she drank everyones booze and hadn't a drop in hers for herself?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Students own the drink they bring to a house, they can do whatever they like with it, in the real world a guest brings wine to dinner as a sort of gift for the house, their contribution to the hospitality, it's appallingly stingy and rude to take the bottle home with you in that scenario.

...In my opinion...

I think they need to clarify if it's dinner (bring wine as a gift and leave it) or pre-drinking/drinks in the house (bring your own drink and hang on to it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

paultronix wrote: »

An ex-friend used to do this when he'd come round to my house.

This, and other related nonsense (dodging rounds etc) simply boiled my piss to the extent I told him to get to fcuk and I have nothing to do with him any more.

Tolerating this kind of sleekit behaviour only emboldens the tightwad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

An ex-friend used to do this when he'd come round to my house.

This, and other related nonsense (dodging rounds etc) simply boiled my piss to the extent I told him to get to fcuk and I have nothing to do with him any more.

Tolerating this kind of sleekit behaviour only emboldens the tightwad.

Why do you expect free booze?

Why do you expect free booze?

I'm not 'expecting' anything.

However, when I'm laying on good hospitality in my house I don't think two or three cans of beer or half a bottle of wine is too much to expect. So, let's just call it a 'token' if you like. I wouldn't dream of doing the same when a guest in someone's house.

I'm actually shocked people find this normal behaviour. Then again I'm clearly underestimating the number of selfish, ill-mannered tightwads out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

I knew a family that would brush their teeth like this

the dad brushes his teeth then spits the toothpaste out into a cup and then the next one dips their brush in it and so forth

3 kids in that family

the dad brushes his teeth then spits the toothpaste out into a cup and then the next one dips their brush in it and so forth

3 kids in that family

In the name of fcuk please tell me this is a wind-up?

I'd be calling social workers to get the kids away from the pikey, penny-pinching prick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dunno if that's stingy, or just horrifying.

3 kids in that family

I've heard that about bath water... but toothpaste??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

no 100% true, the kids were my neighbours when I was younger

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement