Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Boombastic wrote: »
    Dog leaves, as in Dog Sh1t

or Dock leaves as in these?

:D:pac:
    thanks,
    yes dock leaves,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I had a fight with a manger of an on the run earlier.

I bought some petrol and a bar and a coke or something which came to 24.54.The guy behind the till tells me he has no coppers and leaves me short pocketed.I called for the manager and demanded they took the hit of 6 cents rather than me losing out.

Call me stingy,but this was principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

pmcmahon wrote: »

I bought some petrol and a bar and a coke or something which came to 24.54.The guy behind the till tells me he has no coppers and leaves me short pocketed.I called for the manager and demanded they took the hit of 6 cents rather than me losing out.

obviously.. Its your money so good on ya for standing your fround! They cant decide to keep your money regardless of how much it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

I work with a guy that that the King of stingyness.. Loads of irritating things but the one that has stuck with me the most is the fact his family dog was sick and he took him to the Vet, the treatment for the dog was going to be 20euro but instead chose to put the dog down for a tenner.. Tight evil bastard..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im sure if you were short 6c they would want it. you did the right thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I work with a guy that that the King of stingyness.. Loads of irritating things but the one that has stuck with me the most is the fact his family dog was sick and he took him to the Vet, the treatment for the dog was going to be 20euro but instead chose to put the dog down for a tenner.. Tight evil bastard..

i read that as joke letter in viz a couple of months ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I smell something, bull ****

areyawell wrote: »
    I smell something, bull ****
    I didn't believe it myself until i asked around about it.. They're all convinced it happened, but **** is spread easily i suppose. If you met the guy, you'd believe it too..

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Just when you have forgotten about it, somebody will mention the J cloth again. It is so horrible:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

I didn't believe it myself until i asked around about it.. They're all convinced it happened, but **** is spread easily i suppose. If you met the guy, you'd believe it too..
    Will you pm me the name of the vet?
    Treatment for €20? Even to get in the door of mine is €60+

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yeah v cheap vet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

efb wrote: »
    Yeah v cheap vet!

By vet I'm sure he meant guy that works in abattoir but enjoys it just a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

What vet charges a tenner to put down a dog?!

Yeah, think I've been takin for a ride with that one.. never had a pet so not a clue about vet charges.. the factory of about 40 people all have the same story of it so thought it must be true.. ah well, lesson learned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

I know a guy who wanted to put his dog down so he just tied the dog to a railway track, just before a bend. He did it about 10 minutes before the train was due so the dog had to lie there and wait. the dog could hear the train approaching for about 2 minutes before it arrived and squashed his neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

would you not just give them the few coppers or whatever so they could give you 10/20c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I know a guy who wanted to put his dog down so he just tied the dog to a railway track, just before a bend. He did it about 10 minutes before the train was due so the dog had to lie there and wait. the dog could hear the train approaching for about 2 minutes before it arrived and squashed his neck.

that's not stingy, that's just plain cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Jonty wrote: »
    that's not stingy, that's just plain cruel.

I think I might actually get sick. Or start crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

So you know this an didnt report him??

That's just sick, not to mention how traumatising it must have been for the train driver to see a helpless dog on the track and know he is about to kill it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I'm kind of hoping that you are trolling if not, your friend is an evil b@stard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

hypermuse wrote: »

That's just sick, not to mention how traumatising it must have been for the train driver to see a helpless dog on the track and know he is about to kill it.

who said he didnt report him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Or, they could have just charged you 24:50, saving themselves 2c.

Every little helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Loads of people like cold pizza, some people prefer it to hot pizza

I order pizza the odd time. They usually arrive promptly and are hot, but if I don't manage to eat most of it before it cools a bit, I just leave it, because I much rather it cold with some garlic dipping sauce than sort of half-warm, half-cold. Something about it that is really off-putting.

I've eaten cold pizza for breakfast. Granted it was 15 years ago, but there's nothing wrong with it. Why should it be ok to have turkey sambos for days after xmas but you can't eat some leftover pizza less than 12 hours after it was cooked?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'm not getting this story properly something doesn't add up. So the bill comes to 24.54 are you saying you offered to pay 24.48 so they loose out on 6c?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Does not compute.
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Or, they could have just charged you 24:50, saving themselves 2c.

Every little helps!

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Equality

In a work canteen, everyone was paying the same price for the dinner. Some people got a standard portion of meat, some got a double portion and some got a half portion.

The canteen contract had to be awarded elsewhere, as so many people complained. The canteen company never knew why they lost that contract, but it was basically because the staff gave significantly larger portions to their pals and had to be stingy with others to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Yeah, think I've been takin for a ride with that one.. never had a pet so not a clue about vet charges.. the factory of about 40 people all have the same story of it so thought it must be true.. ah well, lesson learned.

It might be true, but the costs could be wrong. When I was little we had to put my dog down because it was too expensive and arduous to treat her and she was in a load of pain. Vet bills are high as hell.

She was put down properly though, and at my hand as she wouldn't let the vet near her alone, the idea of someone tying an animal to a train track disgusts me, I hope that's a rumour or a troll, there's a difference between stressing and brutalising an animal to that degree and letting them calmly fall into a sleep, farmers have had their livelihoods taken from them for lesser degrees of cruelty, it's not a small thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When I was in college I shared with a guy and two other girls. We'd take it in turns to buy toilet roll. Whenever it was his turn, he'd arrive with one of the huge rolls that he'd nicked from a toilet in college :eek:
    recyclebin wrote: »
    I thought everyone did that in college. That's not stingy. That's just being a broke student.

I used to do this all the time.

Then one evening, myself and my friend planned a major heist - a full box of rolls (six in total).

We researched the many bathrooms in the college and located one off the main campus, in the old part of the science building. There was numerous boxes of toilet roll stored in the girl's bathroom.

The bathroom was off a corridor which led to a side door, which led onto a side street, meaning you could exit the college grounds swiftly, without having to go through a main door or campus.

We struck after dark.

As I was [and still am] a girl who could enter the bathroom without raising alarm, I was assigned the task of procuring the box, while my friend kept lookout.

We reconvened at the exit, and made a run for it. Thinking back, it wouldn't have looked half as suspicious if we'd just calmly walked but the adrenaline rush was too much to handle.

I'll never forget the look on the faces of our five housemates that night. Like rosy cheeked children with full stockings at Christmas.

Kept us going for months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Women use a lot of bog roll!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

hypermuse wrote: »

I heard about it at the time and I didn't believe it. It was confirmed to me by an eyewitness about a year later. Not a lot could be done about it by then. Apparently he was thinking of dangling the dog from a bridge to be hit by the train passing under but thought it might be too cruel, as he couldn't be sure that the dog would be killed instantaneously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement