Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I heard about it at the time and I didn't believe it. It was confirmed to me by an eyewitness about a year later. Not a lot could be done about it by then. Apparently he was thinking of dangling the dog from a bridge to be hit by the train passing under but thought it might be too cruel, as he couldn't be sure that the dog would be killed instantaneously.

You sir, are an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

livinsane wrote: »
    I used to do this all the time.

As I was [and still am] a girl

just needed to clarify that to everyone then ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I heard about it at the time and I didn't believe it. It was confirmed to me by an eyewitness about a year later. Not a lot could be done about it by then. Apparently he was thinking of dangling the dog from a bridge to be hit by the train passing under but thought it might be too cruel, as he couldn't be sure that the dog would be killed instantaneously.

i really want to believe this is not true, but there are alot of cruel people out there :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

pmcmahon wrote: »
    I had a fight with a manger of an on the run earlier.

I bought some petrol and a bar and a coke or something which came to 24.54.The guy behind the till tells me he has no coppers and leaves me short pocketed.I called for the manager and demanded they took the hit of 6 cents rather than me losing out.

Call me stingy,but this was principle.
    syklops wrote: »
    Does not compute.
    I think it goes something like this. His change should have been 46c. They had no coppers so wanted to give him 40c. He insisted they give him 50c so they would have lost their 6c plus and extra 4c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

My OH's cousin is the scabbiest, meanest person I know.

He's in his 40s, lives with his parents and hasn't had a job in over ten years (nor has be applied for one-he's lazy as all hell to boot).

He doesn't give his parents a red cent towards the ESB, the gas bill, the UPC (even though they pay the extra whatever it is a month to get it piped into his bedroom and he's online 24/7). He gets all his washing done for him and all his meals cooked for him but doesn't chip in for groceries or anything. If he has to go to the shop for a litre of milk he'll actually demand the money back from his parents!

Not to mention he's really unappreciative. He has never said thanks for a single gift. Last Christmas he even turned his nose up at the new telly his parents got him, saying it was sh1te as it didn't have saorview (a moot point considering they get their digital through UPC anyway).

God, he has a face I wouldn't get tired slapping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Vojera wrote: »
    No offense but it sounds like his parents need a slap of reality as well. More fool them for treating their adult son like a child. He sounds like the type of person who as soon as his parents get old, will convince them to sign over the house and then turf them out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

livinsane wrote: »
    I used to do this all the time.

Then one evening, myself and my friend planned a major heist - a full box of rolls (six in total).

We researched the many bathrooms in the college and located one off the main campus, in the old part of the science building. There was numerous boxes of toilet roll stored in the girl's bathroom.

The bathroom was off a corridor which led to a side door, which led onto a side street, meaning you could exit the college grounds swiftly, without having to go through a main door or campus.

We struck after dark.

As I was [and still am] a girl who could enter the bathroom without raising alarm, I was assigned the task of procuring the box, while my friend kept lookout.

We reconvened at the exit, and made a run for it. Thinking back, it wouldn't have looked half as suspicious if we'd just calmly walked but the adrenaline rush was too much to handle.

I'll never forget the look on the faces of our five housemates that night. Like rosy cheeked children with full stockings at Christmas.

Kept us going for months!

Why didn't ye just share a J-Cloth? Or maybe have a J-Cloth each? It would have saving all the hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    No offense but it sounds like his parents need a slap of reality as well. More fool them for treating their adult son like a child. He sounds like the type of person who as soon as his parents get old, will convince them to sign over the house and then turf them out.

Oh, I agree 100% but they seem completely blinkered when it comes to this guy. Never mind he has their house destroyed with the stink of hash and cigarettes, they're always saying how it's terrible they're going to cut his dole money etc etc: it's the people like him that give the genuine job seekers a bad name.

We've all said our piece about the situation but at the end if the day if his parents are willing to let him take them for a ride there's feck all the rest of us can do about it. Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't believe a word of your sick, disgusting story and the fact that you made it up makes me worry for your mental health.

If someone wanted rid of a dog there are several quick ways to do it, like the old sack in the river or something like that. what you described is simply sadistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

He's in his 40s, lives with his parents and hasn't had a job in over ten years (nor has be applied for one-he's lazy as all hell to boot).

He doesn't give his parents a red cent towards the ESB, the gas bill, the UPC (even though they pay the extra whatever it is a month to get it piped into his bedroom and he's online 24/7). He gets all his washing done for him and all his meals cooked for him but doesn't chip in for groceries or anything. If he has to go to the shop for a litre of milk he'll actually demand the money back from his parents!

Not to mention he's really unappreciative. He has never said thanks for a single gift. Last Christmas he even turned his nose up at the new telly his parents got him, saying it was sh1te as it didn't have saorview (a moot point considering they get their digital through UPC anyway).

God, he has a face I wouldn't get tired slapping.

Jaysus! I don't even know the guy and I'd love to give him a slap of a head butt...... What a parasite!

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    I don't believe a word of your sick, disgusting story and the fact that you made it up makes me worry for your mental health.

If someone wanted rid of a dog there are several quick ways to do it, like the old sack in the river or something like that. what you described is simply sadistic.

Are you taking the piss? Id rather my dog hit by a train and killed instantly than drowning in a river! I think your the sick one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

This thread has gone to the dogs, I'm afraid to click anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Boombastic wrote: »
    This thread has gone to the dogs, I'm afraid to click anymore :(
    Agreed. Best to luck for posterity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Last Christmas he even turned his nose up at the new telly his parents got him, saying it was sh1te as it didn't have saorview (a moot point considering they get their digital through UPC anyway).

Bloody cheapskates, it's terrible the **** that the son (you maybe) has to put up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Heard of people who claim to of put a brick in their toilet cistern to save water with each flush :rolleyes: ... we're talking about waste here. Not to get too gross but we've all had times were 1 full flush wasnt enough to get rid.

There's nothing wrong with watching your water consumption when on a water meter. But really when it comes to the toilet?

Personally that falls into the same thinking of only washing yourself once a week to also save water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Heard of people who claim to of put a brick in their toilet cistern to save water with each flush :rolleyes: ... we're talking about waste here. Not to get too gross but we've all had times were 1 full flush wasnt enough to get rid.

There's nothing wrong with watching your water consumption when on a water meter. But really when it comes to the toilet?

Personally that falls into the same thinking of only washing yourself once a week to also save water.

This is done for environmental reasons afaik

This is done for environmental reasons afaik

Well I have heard people perfectly state that they put a brick (or there other) in their cistern to save money on the water meter. They dont care about the enviroment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Well I have heard people perfectly state that they put a brick (or there other) in their cistern to save money on the water meter. They dont care about the enviroment ;)

Is this outside of Dublin that the water is metered?

I only know of Dubs doing it for environmental reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Which is one of the points of water metres.
    People will only save water, if it costs them money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭recyclebin

You do know you can adjust the ballcock to set whatever water level you want in the toilet?

• Advertisement

recyclebin wrote: »
    You do know you can adjust the ballcock to set whatever water level you want in the toilet?

Yes. I know that. Clearly others dont tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

recyclebin wrote: »
    hehe, you said ballcock.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

A good few years ago i went out on the lash with a mate who was very carefull with his money to say the least.He was also a well known sleezebag. Anyway one of his things was always being last to buy a round. That way he would be hoping that by the time we hit the disco the round would fall apart as guys headed off with girls. It was him making sure that he wouldn't be caught buying a drink and not getting one back but he always made sure someone was caught.
    Anyway i was on a run of being caught and was fed up sowhen we went out one night just the 2 of us and I was determined not to buy the first drink. We walked into a bar and there was a standoff as i refused to offer to get the drinks in. After standing at the bar for 10 mins he finally asked if I wanted a drink.
    Night progressed he bought me a drink i bought him one back. We then hit the nightclub and he bought the drinks as it was his round. He then dissapeared to chat up girls. I got talking to a girl and when the slow set came on suggested a dance. Everthing was going great with a bit of kissing and having a laugh on the dancefloor. Just then i got a tap on my shoulder. He was standing there going" its your round". The floor wasn't jammed so the whole place was looking at him.He was the only person not in a couple on the floor. He insisted I buy my round and practically frog marched me to the bar. I said fine and asked him and the girl I was with what they wanted to drink and off I went to the bar.

When i came back I gave him his drink and he quickly vanished. The girl says to me . Your friend tried to get off with me while you were at the bar. If it was any other buddy i would have been put out but because it was him i always thought it was funny. Still friends with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

A good few years ago i went out on the lash with a mate who was very carefull with his money to say the least.He was also a well known sleezebag. Anyway one of his things was always being last to buy a round. That way he would be hoping that by the time we hit the disco the round would fall apart as guys headed off with girls. It was him making sure that he wouldn't be caught buying a drink and not getting one back but he always made sure someone was caught.
    Anyway i was on a run of being caught and was fed up sowhen we went out one night just the 2 of us and I was determined not to buy the first drink. We walked into a bar and there was a standoff as i refused to offer to get the drinks in. After standing at the bar for 10 mins he finally asked if I wanted a drink.
    Night progressed he bought me a drink i bought him one back. We then hit the nightclub and he bought the drinks as it was his round. He then dissapeared to chat up girls. I got talking to a girl and when the slow set came on suggested a dance. Everthing was going great with a bit of kissing and having a laugh on the dancefloor. Just then i got a tap on my shoulder. He was standing there going" its your round". The floor wasn't jammed so the whole place was looking at him.He was the only person not in a couple on the floor. He insisted I buy my round and practically frog marched me to the bar. I said fine and asked him and the girl I was with what they wanted to drink and off I went to the bar.

When i came back I gave him his drink and he quickly vanished. The girl says to me . Your friend tried to get off with me while you were at the bar. If it was any other buddy i would have been put out but because it was him i always thought it was funny. Still friends with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Rebelkell wrote: »

then you deserve everything that he does to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Rebelkell wrote: »

why, why WHY WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH A CRETIN LIKE THIS?

If this was me he would be told to fúck off and that would be the end of the nights out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

"Rounds" seem to be more trouble than they're worth. Why wouldn't you just buy your own drinks when there's only two of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

"Rounds" seem to be more trouble than they're worth. Why wouldn't you just buy your own drinks when there's only two of you?

Rounds between 2 people should be as simple as it gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Eoin wrote: »
    Rounds between 2 people should be as simple as it gets?

Maybe it's not that simple if your friend comes onto the dancefloor and marches you to the bar to buy him a drink. Plus, it's hardly more simple than just buying your own.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's not that simple if your friend comes onto the dancefloor and marches you to the bar to buy him a drink. Plus, it's hardly more simple than just buying your own.

With the crowd I hang around with Rounds are definitely a NO NO! Usually half slaughtered before we go out and after an hour or two in the club will be fecked and off chattin to young ones and could be waiting for a round for two hours until they come back. It depends on the group but rounds these days are generally finished with the younger crowd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement