Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what if they only shave at the gym - would you call that stingy?

I used to work in a gym and people, male and female, shaving is normal and to be expected. They appreciate it if you rinse off the hairs though.

Many people would get up every morning and go straight to the gym before work. They train, then shower and shave, then go straight to work. Shaving in a gym is normal, not cleaning up after yourself is rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

My sister isn't mean but when she was around 9, she collected my magazines in a box and gave them back to me for Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭mewithoutyou

My dog eats all my cats catfood when he finishes his own

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

MomijiHime wrote: »
    My sister isn't mean but when she was around 9, she collected my magazines in a box and gave them back to me for Christmas.
    She was 9!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

What's so unbelievable about a €100 note? :confused:

It's not that I dont believe in their existence, they are just so rare. A lot of places wouldn't even accept one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

snubbleste wrote: »
    She was 9!

She bought herself a Christmas present though..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I was watching the Ireland - Austria match on RTE the other night and in the build up Dunphy, Giles & Co. were only talking about players from the Premier league, to such an extent that they even talked more about Andreas Weimann who was a sub than they did about the rest of the Austria team. In fact they gave very little coverage to the Irish team who are mostly Championship players. Again there was a big section given to Wes Hoolahan, who plays in the Premier League but was a sub also.

Then it clicked on me, they have the rights to footage from the Premier League as part of their Premier Soccer Saturday program and wouldn't talk about anyone else because they'd have to buy the rights to the footage from another channel. They waste enough money but were too stingey to buy some stock footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

On my J1 many years ago a shared a house with a group of friends, one guy was as tight as a fish's ring.

1. He worked in the equivalent of Dominos, at the end of each night the staff were allowed to take home all the uneaten slices. He would proceed to collect as much as possible and sell them to people outside the local pub.

2. One day he arrived home from work to discover ants in his jar of honey. We all insisted to throw it out, he considered that a waste of money ( Honey was bought in the dollar store) and proceeded to spoon out the ants and smear the honey over some bread. Happy as a pig in %hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

2. One day he arrived home from work to discover ants in his jar of honey. We all insisted to throw it out, he considered that a waste of money ( Honey was bought in the dollar store) and proceeded to spoon out the ants and smear the honey over some bread. Happy as a pig in %hit!

Or an ant in honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

He would proceed to collect as much as possible and sell them to people outside the local pub.

As someone who spent a sizable portion of my J1 in abject poverty this is genius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

but they'd be stinging on their own hot water...

+ they could be going the whole way to the gym to shave :pac:

i'm not sure about it tbh

saw a guy shving in the toilets of connolly station lately, thought he was stingey at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

but they'd be stinging on their own hot water...

+ they could be going the whole way to the gym to shave :pac:

i'm not sure about it tbh

saw a guy shaving in the toilets of connolly station lately, thought he was stingey at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I shave in the shower.
    Am I stingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭fyfe79

My mum died about 7 years ago now, and nobody in my family has the heart to throw out the sachets, its like a little shrine in the fridge. She was funny that way, but on the flip side she'd go to the ends of the world to get something that you wanted for your birthday, for example. Penny pinching on the mundane stuff so she could be generous on things that mattered to her family and friends.

Sounds exactly like my mam who passed away last year. Except additional to keeping sachets and turning the ketchup bottle upside down, she would also sometimes add water to get out the ketchup stuck to the bottom of the bottle!

But just like your mam, was not tight at all when it came to gifts for the family. For example, she gave me a large sum from her savings to help me get a mortgage, and we're still using her gifts bought for our little daughter as she'd bought so many before her death etc. Too generous sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

retalivity wrote: »
    I shave in the shower.
    Am I stingy?
    No, but be careful you don't electrocute yourself. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Shaving in the gym is not stingy, its more an issue of practicality I'm sure!

Have a shower then a shave... he showers at the gym so shave at the gym, simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

I never shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I never shave.

If it was because of cost I would think that was stingy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Eathrin wrote: »
    If it was because of cost I would think that was stingy :pac:

I get about 6 months out of a 4 pack of the Mach 3 blades. I use them until they rip the face off me :o. There's no way I'm handing out €12 for a pack every few weeks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Culleeo wrote: »
    I get about 6 months out of a 4 pack of the Mach 3 blades. I use them until they rip the face off me :o. There's no way I'm handing out €12 for a pack every few weeks :P
    To the shaving forum with you, human.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Victor wrote: »
    No, but be careful you don't electrocute yourself. :pac:
    He'll be fine. Those ladyshaves are water proof ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

I never shave.

I never shower.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Culleeo wrote: »

I get a pack of dual blade gilletes out of Dealz, 1.49 for 3 of them. Does the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

retalivity wrote: »
    How has she friends?
    Or more to the point, why are you one of them?

I knew as I was typing it I shouldn't have really called her a friend but it was for the sake of keeping the post short.

She's actually a girl whose driven a lot of people away cause she has such ****ty behaviour and pretty much has no friends left because of it. Her parents are really good friends with some of our parents and they know full well what she can be like but they ask us to bring her out so she's not sitting around the house all day. And we do feel bad for her, but then she goes and pulls stunts like what I posted or even worse and then we remember why we've been trying to avoid her!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I never shave.
    I never shower.... :pac:

I never go to the gym!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

My father knows a man, who, when selling his house, went through it and removed every door, lightbulb, light fitting, radiator, lightswitch, wall sockets....he was building his own house and wanted to take everything out ... his idea was that the person was paying for a house and not extra fancy goods. .. miserable fucking bastard to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

If he took the rads, fixtures etc he either devalued his house before he sold it, or broke his sale contract. Or it's lies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

If he took the rads, fixtures etc he either devalued his house before he sold it, or broke his sale contract. Or it's lies. :)

not lies .. honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

not lies .. honestly

Wasn't that the plot line of a movie, with Richard Pryor I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Wouldn't you need to see the contract before offering an opinion on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement