Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

There's a very odd old couple that lives a few doors down from us. They don't have bin collection and have apparently never had bin collection according to some of the neighbours. Instead they'll sneak out in the night and leave all their rubbish in everyone else's bins, the cheek of them! Even when they're caught out or confronted they'll continue to do it, they've absolutely no shame. Some people on the street have started padlocking their bins shut.

Just heard there from another neighbour that one night he looked out his window and saw the odd woman helping herself to the daffodils in their front garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

shoos wrote: »
    There's a very odd old couple that lives a few doors down from us. They don't have bin collection and have apparently never had bin collection according to some of the neighbours. Instead they'll sneak out in the night and leave all their rubbish in everyone else's bins, the cheek of them! Even when they're caught out or confronted they'll continue to do it, they've absolutely no shame. Some people on the street have started padlocking their bins shut.

Just heard there from another neighbour that one night he looked out his window and saw the odd woman helping herself to the daffodils in their front garden!

Pellet gun / airsoft aeg will soon sort them out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

lets see,i stole toilet roll and grease blue paper{to use as loo roll} from a garage the grease paper wouldnt flush!!!! i robbed light bulbs!!! me and my ex would order a large roll and ask the deli to cut it in half!!! to avoid paying for two small ones!!! i picked up cigarette butts off the ground and rolled them in rolling paper!!! and i did a lot worse...

dont judge me to hard at the time i had a serious addiction problem and needed my money lol!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

lets see,i stole toilet roll and grease blue paper{to use as loo roll} from a garage the grease paper wouldnt flush!!!! i robbed light bulbs!!! me and my ex would order a large roll and ask the deli to cut it in half!!! to avoid paying for two small ones!!! i picked up cigarette butts off the ground and rolled them in rolling paper!!! and i did a lot worse...

dont judge me to hard at the time i had a serious addiction problem and needed my money lol!!!! :D

At least you're not stingy with exclamation marks.

At least you're not stingy with exclamation marks.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... there share the wealth thats what i always say!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

shoos wrote: »
    Some people on the street have started padlocking their bins shut.
    Have the binmen got a key :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Reminds me of my student days:D:D

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Have the binmen got a key :confused:

They are gravity locks, when the bin is lifted the lock releases

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Young lad in the pub taking all his mates left overs from their pint glasses,pouring them into his own glass and making up about half a pint of mixed up beer.

Then drinking it himself.

Now if thats not stingy,then I dont know what is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

paddy147 wrote: »
    Young lad in the pub taking all his mates left overs from their pint glasses,pouring them into his own glass and making up about half a pint of mixed up beer.

Yuck:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

paddy147 wrote: »

TBF that's not stingy, the lad could have bought rounds before that. It's just really really sick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

jca wrote: »
    Yuck:eek::eek:

I used to work in a nightclub, one night at closing I saw a local scumbag going from table to table with a pint glass, tipping the end of bottles into the glass. He nearly had a full pint of this horiblw mixture when the next bottle spewed out a foul cocktail of fag butts and chewing gum. The look of disappointment on his face was priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    They are gravity locks, when the bin is lifted the lock releases

I think my ex had something similar on her knickers!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

TBF that's not stingy, the lad could have bought rounds before that. It's just really really sick

This particular young lad has a bit of a reputation for "not being around" when its his shout.

Yet hes allways there when its anyone elses shout.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

STOP DOING ROUNDS PEOPLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

frag420 wrote: »
    I think my ex had something similar on her knickers!!

So all you had to do was lift her up to have sex?

STOP DOING ROUNDS PEOPLE!

Better yet, stick with rounds with friends but Stop doing rounds with stingy gits who have repeatedly weaselled out if their round.

If someone doesn't get their round in and uses excuses or heads to the bathroom them excluded them from subsequent rounds and don't invite them put anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I dunno. I just don't like rounds. I prefer to drink at my own pace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Please continue! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

was on the train today, a woman asked the girl selling food and drinks on the train for a cup of tea, the girl poured a cup and said that's 1.50, the woman said what?, how much? 1.50 please, I don't want it, take it back, she was really ignorant to the girl as well.

• Advertisement

was on the train today, a woman asked the girl selling food and drinks on the train for a cup of tea, the girl poured a cup and said that's 1.50, the woman said what?, how much? 1.50 please, I don't want it, take it back, she was really ignorant to the girl as well.

im amazed they didnt try to charge her 4.50!! the train seems to be the luxury of millionaires these day. :mad:

its 77e for a weekly ticket from newbridge to dublin...with a student card its 61e so i can see why your homeless :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

im amazed they didnt try to charge her 4.50!! the train seems to be the luxury of millionaires these day. :mad:

its 77e for a weekly ticket from newbridge to dublin...with a student card its 61e so i can see why your homeless :D

ya to be fair I bought a packet of tayto on the train last week for 100 euro ha its a rip off but like yer 1 really showed herself up, no need for her to be so ignorant to the girl selling the stuff either. its ok the weather is ok now for me to be sleeping rough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Really? It's reasonable not to give your friend a fiver to a buy a book they saw first and really wanted? I would never do that to a friend. And how does one 'share' a book?
    by one reading it first and passing it on the other when finsihed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Fine round by Westwood, birdies 9, 10, 13, 15, -3 having started with a double. His odds are shortening I would imagine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Fine round by Westwood, birdies 9, 10, 13, 15, -3 having started with a double. His odds are shortening I would imagine.

So you're saying it would be stingy not to back him?:confused:

So you're saying it would be stingy not to back him?:confused:

Westwood being stingy with using his clubs .. not taking many shots with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Pellet gun / airsoft aeg will soon sort them out.

It'll also get you arrested for assault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

ya to be fair I bought a packet of tayto on the train last week for 100 euro ha its a rip off but like yer 1 really showed herself up, no need for her to be so ignorant to the girl selling the stuff either. its ok the weather is ok now for me to be sleeping rough
    €100 for a bag of Tayto? I was there Wednesday and the feckers wanted to charge me €101, needless to say I was outraged!:mad:

......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

My aul lad never pays for stamps, instead cuts out the stamp of any letter he received and puts pritt stick on the back of it to use again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

NufcNavan wrote: »
    My aul lad never pays for stamps, instead cuts out the stamp of any letter he received and puts pritt stick on the back of it to use again.

Dont the post office stamp the stamp to show its used?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement