Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Very normal, not sure what you're complaining about.

It's essentially a glass of tap water with a splash of cheapo Miwadi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

What sort of establishments do you drink in? Plenty if places don't charge at all for miwadi and I've never been charged more than €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tombozo

Worked in a bar/restaurant years ago. The owner was unbelievably stingy. One day he asked me for a toothpic. Later he walks behind the bar using the toothpic & when finished put it back into the toothpic holder! Needless to say I upended the container into the bin & took out new ones. Gross!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

tombozo wrote: »
    Worked in a bar/restaurant years ago. The owner was unbelievably stingy. One day he asked me for a toothpic. Later he walks behind the bar using the toothpic & when finished put it back into the toothpic holder! Needless to say I upended the container into the bin & took out new ones. Gross!

That's not just gross, that's a serious health and safety issue and he should have been reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My friend's story, not mine. She was sharing a flat with another girl, who started dating a fella around the November (it was a college lease). He stayed over every night from the end of November till the lease was up, and didn't pay a cent towards rent or electricity, despite that he was using it all there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

She left the childer?
    She did. They were 9 and 10 and fast asleep. She was gone five minutes and surprise surprise they were still fast asleep and unharmed when she got back.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I know - a babysitter going to a bar.
    It was a hotel so the bar comes with the establishment ;)

Very normal where? I've never been charged €2.40 for MiWadi and as someone else said, a lot of places give it for free. I wouldn't expect it for free but neither would I pay such a ridiculous amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    She did. They were 9 and 10 and fast asleep. She was gone five minutes and surprise surprise they were still fast asleep and unharmed when she got back.

If she did that with my kids, she wouldn't be getting any more Miwadi money from me. I'd be livid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

oldyouth wrote: »
    If she did that with my kids, she wouldn't be getting any more Miwadi money from me. I'd be livid
    That's pretty stingy alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

She wouldn't be getting any more calls from the hotel for babysitting if she did that to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Cd_doe

In the hotel I own I charge stupid babysitters 2.70 for miwadi.... Stupid eejit for paying it!

I don't think she is the most reliable babysitter... Leaves the kids unattended to go pay a fortune for miwadi...

RainyDay wrote: »
    She wouldn't be getting any more calls from the hotel for babysitting if she did that to me.
    LOL over reaction much. Did ye miss the part where it was the owner who charged her for the MiWadi. He was well aware that she was babysitting and the kids were in no danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

LOL over reaction much. Did ye miss the part where it was the owner who charged her for the MiWadi. He was well aware that she was babysitting and the kids were in no danger.

Miwadigate has been forgotten about. It has been replaced by the total, total irresponsibility of your sister

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

"Miwadigate"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Cd_doe

I think he was extremely stingy anyway... He wouldn't even make a phonecall to social services in relation to the abandoned kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

wtf is miwadi?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

My sister went away on a holiday came back with a 2010 calender for my daughter said it was 4.99, strange thing is she went to the same place in 2010?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

tara73 wrote: »
    wtf is miwadi?????

It's not Yourwadi....it's Miwadi!! :)

When do we get Miwadigate - the sequel?

Hurry up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

miamee wrote: »
    It's essentially a glass of tap water with a splash of cheapo Miwadi.

The €2.40 for MiWadi essentially covers all the overheads a hotel has btw. The majority of the mark-up in a hotel is made in the beverages department because it needs to be. €2.40 covers the wages of the staff who served you, the person who cleans up after, the cost of the seats she was sitting in and so on etc.

Why do you think hotels charge €3 for a coke that costs €.30 to buy in? It's needed to cover the massive overheads hotels have.

Also she chose to pay the €2.40, wasn't forced on her to buy it. If she didn't like the price she doesn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Don't hotel rooms have their own tea/coffee facilities these days? I might be a little bit wary if the babysitter hit the minibar though.

kowloon wrote: »
    Don't hotel rooms have their own tea/coffee facilities these days? I might be a little bit wary if the babysitter hit the minibar though.

Indeed they do (or should do).

However, they don't have Miwadi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Indeed they do (or should do).

However, they don't have Miwadi.

But they have tap water, she made her choice, why does the fact she was babysitting come into it, she's not employed by the hotel

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    But they have tap water, she made her choice, why does the fact she was babysitting come into it, she's not employed by the hotel

And a fine choice she made too. Miwadi hits the spot where mere tap water doesn't.

But hey, at €2.40 for a rather pricey Irish-made thirst-quencher the babysitter certainly isn't a frugalista.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

For the last time, GET WITH THE STINGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

For the last time, GET WITH THE STINGE.

No you get with the stinge, this is a thread for stinge and discussion, you should lie on the floor for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

And a fine choice she made too. Miwadi hits the spot where mere tap water doesn't.

But hey, at €2.40 for a rather pricey Irish-made thirst-quencher the babysitter certainly isn't a frugalista.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Way too many d1ckheads in this thread sometimes. Kids were fast asleep and the girl ran down for a drink - big fooking deal. I'm sure she locked the door after her. Also €2.40 for a pint of Miwadi is not stingey, it's downright extortionate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Way too many d1ckheads in this thread sometimes. Kids were fast asleep and the girl ran down for a drink - big fooking deal. I'm sure she locked the door after her. Also €2.40 for a pint of Miwadi is not stingey, it's downright extortionate!

I'd say a certain McCann family just might disagree with you ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement