Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Fratoue wrote: »
    Stingiest thing I've ever seen is an old housemate, wouldn't spend €1 on toilet roll so would use old newspapers, cotton wool basically anything he could get his hands on for free to wipe his arse. The miserable Kerry ****er often would block the toilet.

He would boast about living on €2 a day all the time. Worst thing about stingy bastards is when they move out; they take everything that's not nailed down bulbs, pillows, chairs, coasters, mugs, washing powder, even other people's toothbrush and razors.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Which you then got back as change!!!
    Yep, that old karma, she's a b!tch alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 IvaBigWun2

I go away for awhile, forget my profile and email password, sign upto Boards again and this thread is STILL going strong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

I know a fella who keeps a supply of low value foreign coins for use when approached by bucket collectors at traffic lights or at supermarket checkouts

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

Seen teenagers send an old guy into a shop to buy them fags, while he went in they stole his 6pack of beer he left outside

My brother once picked up half finished drinks left at the bar and handed me one claiming he "bought me a drink".

Same brother also likes to claim the (paid for) food of people in takeaways who are too drunk to remember they bought it

I will admit that I sometimes try and lose in drinking games to get free drink..

• Advertisement

IvaBigWun2 wrote: »
    I go away for awhile, forget my profile and email password, sign upto Boards again and this thread is STILL going strong ;)
    Too stingy to buy a post it note to write your user id & password on! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭RED PASSION

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    C'mon, sending two identical nephew cards would be preposterous!

You just have to accept that in other people eyes you and your twin are essentially the same person![/QUOTE]

ROFL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I was passing a pub at half 7 this morning.

A man easily in his mid 50s was at the smoking thing attached to the pub wall.

He had opened it and was emptying leftover tobacco into a pouch.

Pretty stingy - bordering on desperate though,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

An uncle of mine sent a birthday card to his nephew, my cousin. Nothing untoward about that you might think. He crossed out the word Christmas and wrote Birthday on the front and in the message inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i work in a place where every wednesday its 6 Euro entry (7.95-9.95 every other day) and boy this is when the stingy people come out

It used to be 5 euro on wednesdays but after a price review it was put up 1 euro to 6 euro.

People where giving out that they had to pay 1 euro extra some even emailing head offices, some bycotting, some even getting pissy at workers, i even heard of someone crying cause they didnt have enough money lol

i once served a customer who bought something for 5.99 and handed my 6 euro and i didnt have any 0.1c's in my til so i said 'im sorry i have no 0.1cs in my til' and the customer said i cant be without 1 cent and stood there demanding he get his 1 cent change so i gave him 5 cents and he went off (tight git)

Theres people who come only on wednesdays and some are generally snotty precious rich ***** who are plan stupied and think the world owes them.

I also find people stingy who bring in there own foods (cheap microwave popcorn, 40c bottles of coke etc)

I also know someone that works 4 jobs and eats cheap cans of beans etc for dinner and gives out when he doesnt get enough hours for the week

SOME PEOPLE MAKE YOU WANT TO KILL. NO WONDER HITLER AND THE LIKES EXCISTED lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i once served a customer who bought something for 5.99 and handed my 6 euro and i didnt have any 0.1c's in my til so i said 'im sorry i have no 0.1cs in my til' and the customer said i cant be without 1 cent and stood there demanding he get his 1 cent change so i gave him 0.5cents and he went off (tight git)
    0.5 cent. half a cent?:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

You certainly weren't stingy with your humour there...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Quazzie wrote: »
    0.5 cent. half a cent?:confused:

5 cents

i once served a customer who bought something for 5.99 and handed my 6 euro and i didnt have any 0.1c's in my til so i said 'im sorry i have no 0.1cs in my til' and the customer said i cant be without 1 cent and stood there demanding he get his 1 cent change so i gave him 0.5cents and he went off (tight git)

Was he the only customer that had to do without his 1c change?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This is the correct thing to do. If you or a business are unable to give the correct change, then it should be rounded up to an amount that you can dispense. People are perfectly entitled to get their 1c or 5c back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

retalivity wrote: »
    People are perfectly entitled to get their 1c or 5c back.

Legally, they're not entitled to any change at all. In practice though it's fairest if the business rounds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

retalivity wrote: »
    This is the correct thing to do. If you or a business are unable to give the correct change, then it should be rounded up to an amount that you can dispense. People are perfectly entitled to get their 1c or 5c back.

True. Its actually really annoying when this happens and I dont know why. Its too small an amount to challenge without seeming ridiculous but you still feel hard done by, especially when they just close the till and look at you. Slinks away... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I also find people stingy who bring in there own foods (cheap microwave popcorn, 40c bottles of coke etc)

You work in a cinema then?

Well, when I go to the flicks I'm not keen on forking over the price of dinner and a pint for some semi-stale popcorn and a coke that's 90% ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

i work in a place where every wednesday its 6 Euro entry (7.95-9.95 every other day) and boy this is when the stingy people come out

It used to be 5 euro on wednesdays but after a price review it was put up 1 euro to 6 euro.

People where giving out that they had to pay 1 euro extra some even emailing head offices, some bycotting, some even getting pissy at workers, i even heard of someone crying cause they didnt have enough money lol

Theres people who come only on wednesdays and some are generally snotty precious rich ***** who are plan stupied and think the world owes them.

I also know someone that works 4 jobs and eats cheap cans of beans etc for dinner and gives out when he doesnt get enough hours for the week

Bet you work in Odeon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Skybox

I bet those 'plan stupied' people can spell!!! Did it ever occur to you that the person you know working 4 jobs and eats beans for dinner can't afford anything more substantial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Skybox wrote: »
    I bet those 'plan stupied' people can spell!!! Did it ever occur to you that the person you know working 4 jobs and eats beans for dinner can't afford anything more substantial?
    im dyslexic so i knw if a person has a learning disability or is just a plain idiot lol.

the persons last electricity bill was E50 for a whole month and the standing charge is E40. The guy lifes in a low cost area so his rent and all that is cheap

Yeah i do work in a cinema legally not alowd mention companies names

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

If he has to work 4 jobs chances are he doesn't have much money to spare and needs all the hours he can get in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Yeah i do work in a cinema legally not alowd mention companies names
    Hah, the Odeon made you sign a ndc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    If he has to work 4 jobs chances are he doesn't have much money to spare and needs all the hours he can get in work.

Bet he is foreign. Come over here with his work ethic and stealin our wimmins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I was selling a van during the week and put adverts all over the internet. I kept getting a load of 'call me's' from this number. I decided to ring it for the crack to find a traveller on the other end of the phone.

Who the **** expects the seller to call the buyer?

The van was going for 1200 and it was in excellent condition. I didnt mind letting her go for 1000 and he had the nerve to offer 600 and wouldnt budge.

Thing that makes me laugh is he pulled up in a brand new VW golf...

I was selling a van during the week and put adverts all over the internet. I kept getting a load of 'call me's' from this number. I decided to ring it for the crack only to find a traveller on the other end of the phone.

Who the **** expects the seller to call the buyer?

The van was going for 1200 and it was in excellent condition. I didnt mind letting her go for 1000 and he had the nerve to offer 600 and wouldnt budge.

Thing that makes me laugh is he pulled up in a brand new VW golf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

He'll be back, now your joint is cased.

HansHolzel wrote: »
    He'll be back, now your joint is cased.

I met him at my neighbours house round the corner :eek::p

Your neighbour is too good.

• Advertisement

Or was he out at the time?

This discussion has been closed.