Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Leilak wrote: »
    l know a guy who recently won 250k on the lotto and gave his 3 kids 50 quid each unbelievable but true

Or perhaps the kids are at an age where they will blow it on handbags, weekends away, pints and nonsense and the guy is looking out for them but saving it an account, you know...like a good father.

Instant gratification generation want their free cash, instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

he brings his own food and drink to work..how does anyone live like that :confused:

Eh, am I the only wondering what's wrong with bringing your own lunch and brekkie to work ?

It saves me about €200 a month doing that. How's that Stingy ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Kagawa10

MugMugs wrote: »
    Eh, am I the only wondering what's wrong with bringing your own lunch and brekkie to work ?

Same as me, I have cereal in work and usually bring in some pasta or a stir fry with me. I buy lunch some days but I save a fortune a month. A lot of people do it these days. Feck paying 5 euro for a roll and 3 euro for some pastry crap in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Buying the ingredients at home is always going to be cheaper. You are paying for the convenience of eating out. The restaurant also has to pay costs and turn a profit. If you don't like a restaurant's prices, don't eat there.

if I could thank this a hundred times I would

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

I don't think he's saying bringing lunch is stingy, I think he's referring to the fact that he didn't need the 50 cent there and then as he had lunch and didn't need to buy anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I do it too, so does everyone else in the office? How the fudge is that stingey? I tend to not eat a pile a crap if I bring my own lunch to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Do any of the office boys read the posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

he brings his own food and drink to work..how does anyone live like that :confused:

Am, that's just good sense.

And even getting away from the money angle, I like to bring my own lunch as I know exactly what goes into and it's easier to control portion size. Better for the aul waistline. :)

Unless, I think you might mean, what did he need the 50c so urgently for, considering he had his lunch with him? If that's what you mean, then I dig. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Am, that's just good sense.

And even getting away from the money angle, I like to bring my own lunch as I know exactly what goes into and it's easier to control portion size. Better for the aul waistline. :)

Unless, I think you might mean, what did he need the 50c so urgently for, considering he had his lunch with him? If that's what you mean, then I dig. :)

Yep!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

jca wrote: »
    Yep!!

Sorry, I got mixed up there!!! I never read back through the comments, i thought you meant bringing lunch was stingey. My bad. :o 50 cent thing, stingey!, especially seeing as you voluntarily gave money for his fundraiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Grrrr.... Fundraisers - can't stand them!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Grrrr.... Fundraisers - can't stand them!

A girl in work was doing a sponsored walk and was asking everyone for sponsorship. I took a look at the sponsorship book and it was all €20 euro pledges.
    What was the thing she was doing? A 5k dog walk for some animal charity. No fecking way I'm giving someone 20 quid to do a walk that's shorter than the walk I do to and from work. She looked at me like I was the stingiest fecker there.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Grayson wrote: »
    A girl in work was doing a sponsored walk and was asking everyone for sponsorship. I took a look at the sponsorship book and it was all €20 euro pledges.
    What was the thing she was doing? A 5k dog walk for some animal charity. No fecking way I'm giving someone 20 quid to do a walk that's shorter than the walk I do to and from work. She looked at me like I was the stingiest fecker there.

Think you're missing the point of fundraising sponsorship. But I'm sure you can live with yourself knowing a puppy died because of you not giving anything.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Buying the ingredients at home is always going to be cheaper. You are paying for the convenience of eating out. The restaurant also has to pay costs and turn a profit. If you don't like a restaurant's prices, don't eat there.

We have subsidised canteen. It's less than €3 for a roll with three fillings. I work 4 days a week. I might save a few euro each week by bring in lunch, but that's it. having said that, loads of people still do bring in their own food. mainly because they want something different. Maybe they're on a diet or something like that.

Think you're missing the point of fundraising sponsorship. But I'm sure you can live with yourself knowing a puppy died because of you not giving anything.

Yeah that puppy needed that 20e badly. It topped itself out of grief because you didn't hand it over 20 spuds as a reward for someone taking a leisurely stroll around a park.

Sniffety sniff.

my mate is so tight arsed when we go out for somethin to eat he just orders a picture of a peanut butter samwich

How do you do a facepalm on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

did you give her anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

It's a DOG WALK. People all over the country do them every evening, every week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 apache peahead

fella i know who works as a casher in supervalu once told me about a guy who had a shoppin trolley full of vodka , lager and a pack of nappies, after scannin all the items at the till and realising he was a bit short ,he said,,
    wait hold on a minute i'll jus put the nappies back,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

fella i know who works as a casher in supervalu once told me about a guy who had a shoppin trolley full of vodka , lager and a pack of nappies, after scannin all the items at the till and realising he was a bit short ,he said,,

Maybe he was going to drink himself into oblivion and needed the nappy in case he had an accident and then thought what the hell when he was short of money.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Was it Ed Byrne?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 apache peahead

Was it Ed Byrne?
    it coulda been

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

Worked with a guy years ago and he was a smoker but other people's ciggies. Every day at break time he would be bumming smokes of one of us.

We were out on a work night and shock, horror, he actually had bought a pack. He offered one to me and threw the pack across the table (when you could smoke in pubs). Thanks says I, threw once cigarette back at him and shared the pack amongst all of us. He had no comeback and was stunned. Payback is a bitch, lol.

did you give her anything?

nope. I'm normally quite generous, in fact I'm bordering on stupid with money, but I just couldn't give her anything.

yep, I can. In work we have these occasional charity events we have to participate in. Last year this girl choose the charity. She chose a crèche nearby. It's state sponsored and people pay fees. Our charity event was to raise money for paint and paint a huge mural on it. It wasn't even in a deprived area.

Someone else suggested raising money for MSF to help their efforts in Somalia when the famine was raging and 200,000 children were at risk. She said that it was pointless since you can't be guaranteed the charity won't just run with the money. It's frigging MSF for Christ sake. That woman values a puppy over a child.

Send the puppy's to Korea, I hear they make lovely puppy stews over there and use theirs balls as Christmas decorations

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

yep, I can. In work we have these occasional charity events we have to participate in. Last year this girl choose the charity. She chose a crèche nearby. It's state sponsored and people pay fees. Our charity event was to raise money for paint and paint a huge mural on it. It wasn't even in a deprived area.

Someone else suggested raising money for MSF to help their efforts in Somalia when the famine was raging and 200,000 children were at risk. She said that it was pointless since you can't be guaranteed the charity won't just run with the money. It's frigging MSF for Christ sake. That woman values a puppy over a child.

She could have a point

Anyway, the point is you're stingy and puppy died.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

:eek::(

She could have a point

The puppy was a little crackhead and had it coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

the point is you're stingy and puppy died.
    Who cares, it's just a f*ckin Puppy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement