Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I don't even take the teabag out of the cup. I drink it with it still in it.

That's what I do ! with 2 sometimes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I do that too. My entire family thinks I'm disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I only use my tea bag for a bit of colour :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I only use my tea bag for a bit of colour :P

Get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

wyndham wrote: »
    That was just a joke. There is £200 inside the packet in the sheets. I hope you haven't thrown it out Pat.

ha imagine if this is true:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

bear1 wrote: »
    Elaborate
    Seems like someone trying to troll if anything.
    BTW Valentine, can you show me any post stories you have posted on this thread? Cause I've gone though it and you seem to have been very "stingy" as you call it with any stories of your own.

No trolling but there was drink taken your honour.

I myself reuse sandwich bags for my lunch, lord knows why, they aren't expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Valentine1 wrote: »
    No trolling but there was drink taken your honour.

I myself reuse sandwich bags for my lunch, lord knows why, they aren't expensive.
    That's fair enough. If they stay clean, no point being a waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Seems like someone trying to troll if anything.
    BTW Valentine, can you show me any post stories you have posted on this thread? Cause I've gone though it and you seem to have been very "stingy" as you call it with any stories of your own.

For ****'s sake it's a joke, it's not trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Stingy thing I've done:

I used to take home sugar packets from the work canteen every single day in my previous job for a year because I was too cheap to buy my own sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

is that even possible? I use 2 sometimes ! I couldn't handle weak tea !
    That's what I do ! with 2 sometimes:D

I actually chew the teabag, along with a mouthful of boiling water. I hate wake tay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Achilles wrote: »
    Mate of mine trying to convince us all to walk to the next Luas stop because it's in a different zone because the fair is 30c cheaper.

I'm a third year law student. Technically you're allowed to open him up with a headbutt for that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

and then there's those folk who'd put a used teabag in a pipe and smoke it

Worked for a woman once, who when going to a former employees wedding, dusted down a set of Irish linen table napkins that she herself had received for a wedding present over 25 years before. Sellotaped the edges of the broken box, wrapped them up and gave them to the poor bride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

People who can afford a TV but not a TV licence.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

People who can afford a TV but not a TV licence.
    go onto adverts.ie
    you can pick up a 36" CRT for free if you are prepared to wait a while, and it'll have better sound than most of today's LCD TV's

use SVHS or SCART and the picture isn't too bad

and colour rendering / and viewing angles will beat any cheap LCD

well that's what I keep telling myself anyway

From the Surrealistic Ireland thread.
    FTA69 wrote: »
    One woman's gate was so knackered she had ripped it off and replaced it with an old washing machine on a skateboard which she used to slide back and forth to keep the dogs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Stingy thing I've done:

I used to take home sugar packets from the work canteen every single day in my previous job for a year because I was too cheap to buy my own sugar.

When I worked for Supermac's, I would steal the salt and rolls of lavatory paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,283 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We get free catering sized tea, coffee and sugar as well as free milk in work. On a few occasions we have had contractors and employees caught bringing in their Tupperware and filing it with the above to take home. ****ing knackers. Also shortly the company are replacing this previously free perk if you like with a vending machine.

Also a guy at work insists that we drive another 2 miles to centra instead of spar so he can save 40 cent on his sandwich.

I hate tight fisted ****ers especially those that have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

OhHiMark wrote: »
    For ****'s sake it's a joke, it's not trolling.

Are you alright? Seem to be overreacting there a small bit.
    ANd sure which part of all that ****e that was posted hinted it was a joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Not really stingy,
    A old neighbour of mine was building a back wall with bricks and on his way home from work everyday he would pick 1/2/3 bricks from a new factory getting built and carry them home, hard work but he got his wall built...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

realies wrote: »
    Not really stingy,
    A old neighbour of mine was building a back wall with bricks and on his way home from work everyday he would pick 1/2/3 bricks from a new factory getting built and carry them home, hard work but he got his wall built...

That's theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Are you alright? Seem to be overreacting there a small bit.

I just get annoyed when any time someone on the internet makes a joke these days some gob****e will instantly say that he's trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

I guy I used to work with in a small electronics company thought that tea was very expensive and that tea bags were too big. He hated wasting one tea bag on a cup of tea because he only needed a half a teabag for his miserly weak cup of tea.

So what did he do?

Well he discovered that there is a heat sensitive glue in tea bags and if you take a teabag and fold it over a metal ruler you can run a hot soldering iron (no solder obviously) along the bag and it seals the bag down the middle. With that done you can cut the teabag in half and have two small teabags. Every so often when he ran out he'd work though a hole box of tea bags sealing them down the middle and cutting them in half.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I just get annoyed when any time someone on the internet makes a joke these days some gob****e will instantly say that he's trolling.

Are you calling me a gob****e?
    Find me where the joke is in this thread by Valentine. When you cant then maybe you can just shut up and leave it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Just found this forum today.. and spent half the day laughing my ass off :D They should replace cartoon strips on newspapers with this stuff! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Find me where the joke is in this thread by Valentine. When you cant then maybe you can just shut up and leave it alone.

Chillix would ya. It wasn't a "haha funny joke" but it was a light hearted comment. Go easy crazy.

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    Chillix would ya. It wasn't a "haha funny joke" but it was a light hearted comment. Go easy crazy.

Ah here will you grow up. How am I going "crazy"? I'm called a gob****e and I'm supposed to say ah thanks?
    Let it go will ya thats a good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Ah here will you grow up. How am I going "crazy"? I'm called a gob****e and I'm supposed to say ah thanks?
    Let it go will ya thats a good lad

Take it easy chief, I said you had a stingy attitude, did you think I was being serious? It was clearly an irreverent post.

Valentine1 wrote: »
    Take it easy chief, I said you had a stingy attitude, did you think I was being serious? It was clearly an irreverent post.

Right, I'm going to dumb this down for you.
    The thread was only brought back a few days ago, you then began having a tiff with another poster.
    I posted something along the lines of letting the thread serve the purpose it was supposed to have.
    Instead of leaving it, you decide a post something completely stupid.
    I called you on it.
    You responded that you had been drinking.
    I left it at that.
    Another poster comes on and makes it very clear than I'm the gob****e out of this.
    I get annoyed.
    Another poster comes on to say I'm being crazy.
    And you're wondering why I'm getting annoyed?
    We are all destroying this thread with bull**** so how about we leave it alone and let people who want to post to post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Indeed, no more derailing this thread, please. Enough now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement