Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

billie1b wrote: »
    My wife's Aunt bought one of the cousins 5 scratch cards for his Birthday, he scratched all 5 and was lucky enough to win €10,000, he was delighted, but she wasn't, she demanded the scratch card from him saying she had the receipt for it and if not would call the cops to say he robbed it. She claimed the prize and gave him €50

What in the almighty fcuk?

Jaysus, I've read some bad stories on this thread but that one takes the biscuit. What an utter cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Pique wrote: »

Jaysus, I've read some bad stories on this thread but that one takes the biscuit. What an utter cow.

Wow yeah what a bitch. If I won that much on a scratch card I'd give the person that got it for me something but to demand it back like that is really petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Pique wrote: »

Seriously total ge*bag, she's that bad she makes her daughter aswell as herself shower in cold water to save on money, she makes dinner at 3pm each day, if your not home to eat it you have to eat it cold, your not allowed use the microwave or oven to re-heat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Seriously total ge*bag, she's that bad she makes her daughter aswell herself shower in cold water to save on money, she makes dinner at 3pm each day, if your not home to eat it you have to eat it cold, your not allowed use the microwave or oven to re-heat it.

Ahhhh so she's stuck in the 50s then. I'd have told her to fcuk right off regarding the scratch cards. Never ever have I received a receipt for that or a lotto slip.
    Well done to her for being the cnut of the century

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

zerks wrote: »
    I know a guy who fills his kids baby bath using the shower as he won't use the immersion to heat the water,he also waits 'til they are boiling the kettle for a cuppa to wash up or else rinses the dishes with cold water.The dishwasher is an ornament as "it costs a fortune to run".Thing is he sees this as normal and wonders why everyone else doesn't do it.

What's wrong with that? There is nothing admirable about wasting energy. The smart thing to do when the kettle boils is to put the leftover hot water in a thermos if it is not needed immediately for washing up.

If you only have a few things to wash, why would you run the dishwasher? And why would you put on the immersion if you have a supply of point of use hot water?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

My wife's Aunt bought one of the cousins 5 scratch cards for his Birthday, he scratched all 5 and was lucky enough to win €10,000, he was delighted, but she wasn't, she demanded the scratch card from him saying she had the receipt for it and if not would call the cops to say he robbed it. She claimed the prize and gave him €50

I call this one to be the winner!

Seriously what a tool, out of courtesy I'd have given her a grand or two to say thanks, paid for a car repair/house repair/new telly whatever it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's wrong with that? There is nothing admirable about wasting energy. The smart thing to do when the kettle boils is to put the leftover hot water in a thermos if it is not needed immediately for washing up.

If you only have a few things to wash, why would you run the dishwasher? And why would you put on the immersion if you have a supply of point of use hot water?

We are NOT spiralling into another 100 posts, back and forth, about the efficiency of boiling a kettle for the dishes. NO FCUKING WAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Putting the remaining boiling hot water into a thermos. Lol are you taking the piss??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

The smart thing to do when the kettle boils is to put the leftover hot water in a thermos if it is not needed immediately for washing up.

I'm all for energy conservation, but seriously Dude - that's borderline stinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Is that not theft or fraud or something??? Seriously!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Why didn't he just sign the back of it and tell her to go and f*ck herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Putting the remaining boiling hot water into a thermos. Lol are you taking the piss??

No. Do you think it would be smarter to boil it again for some reason? Smartest would be to just boil the amount of water you need, of course.

I have a dishwasher, and heat and hot water are included in my condo fees. I still rarely run it - it takes me a week or more until I have a full load, and I never run it when it is not full. It's not about the money, it's about not wasting resources. Just like walking instead of taking a cab or driving is about not wasting resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No. Do you think it would be smarter to boil it again for some reason? Smartest would be to just boil the amount of water you need, of course.

I have a dishwasher, and heat and hot water are included in my condo fees. I still rarely run it - it takes me a week or more until I have a full load, and I never run it when it is not full. It's not about the money, it's about not wasting resources. Just like walking instead of taking a cab or driving is about not wasting resources.

Trust me,if you met this guy you'd put him in the dishwasher and put it on a long cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Is that not theft or fraud or something??? Seriously!! :confused:

Theft, I think. Once you give it to someone it's a gift and you have no legal right to ask for it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

kylith wrote: »
    Theft, I think. Once you give it to someone it's a gift and you have no legal right to ask for it back.

Does this apply to virginity?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

We have a winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Jesus WTF is wrong with people, why didn't he just tell her to roundhouse go and **** herself. i would have called her out on the "calling the cops" thing as well. It's yer man's own fault for giving it back to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I have never in my life seen anyone get a receipt while buying a scratchcard. So the aunt must have specifically ask the sales assistant for a receipt when buying it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Or she brought other stuff along with the scratch cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Yeah, I just mean ya usually get scratchers in a newsagents, where ya never normally get a receipt unless you request it before scanning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Lads ye wouldn't believe how bad this woman is, the whole family despise her, there was war over the scratch card fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

Lads ye wouldn't believe how bad this woman is, the whole family despise her, there was war over the scratch card fiasco.

It obviously wasn't total war of annihilation

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

HansHolzel wrote: »
    Does this apply to virginity?

It grows back after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

We were out for a meal one day and we all gave the money to our stingbot mate to pay, we all threw in an extra euro or two each towards the tip.

I kept an eye on him and when he got the bill it was less than we had all handed him so he used our tip money to pay for his food and he paid nothing!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well, the norm is to fill up a dishwasher and then use it. Most people have spare spoons or plates to use in the meantime.
    As for the kettle/thermos thing - why not boil a glass of water if you need one rather than boiling 2 litres, and putting the rest in the thermos;)
    Immersion has 2 switches usually. Mine lets me heat the water in 5 minutes, and, if I turn on the heating this will heat the water anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

If this is true, and I have a hard time believing it is then she deserves a good kick up the gowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Even if the Aunt had a reciept, I doubt it could be proved that it was for that particular scratch card or could it?

The guy should have signed it and cashed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

mdwexford wrote: »
    We were out for a meal one day and we all gave the money to our stingbot mate to pay, we all threw in an extra euro or two each towards the tip.

I kept an eye on him and when he got the bill it was less than we had all handed him so he used our tip money to pay for his food and he paid nothing!!!!!

I hope you called him out on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

mdwexford wrote: »

I can't understand why people hand over their money to the stingiest person in the group. Much nicer standing in front of Mr stinge and asking them to hand up... I love doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I can't believe people let him give it back to her!! FFS, that's life changing money. What an evil au cow. Hope she's happy with her money, seeing as she's alienated half her family over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement