Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

billie1b wrote: »
    Lads ye wouldn't believe how bad this woman is, the whole family despise her, there was war over the scratch card fiasco.

You aren't making up the story by any chance :) If it's true I would blame your man for giving it back to her. Did he scratch it in front of her the minute she gave it to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You aren't making up the story by any chance :) If it's true I would blame your man for giving it back to her. Did he scratch it in front of her the minute she gave it to him?

No I'm not making it up, he scratched it there and then, it was a get together in the house for his Birthday. This woman is not only stingy, shes a weirdo, she doesn't like ginger people, I'm ginger and 2 of my 4 kids are ginger also, she won't associate with us or talk to us because we are bad luck in the family, i'm only related to this woman through my wife so couldn't care less but when a 7 and 4 year old are asking why that Aunt doesn't like them its a bit poxy to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

billie1b wrote: »
    No I'm not making it up, he scratched it there and then, it was a get together in the house for his Birthday. This woman is not only stingy, shes a weirdo, she doesn't like ginger people, I'm ginger and 2 of my 4 kids are ginger also, she won't associate with us or talk to us because we are bad luck in the family, i'm only related to this woman through my wife so couldn't care less but when a 7 and 4 year old are asking why that Aunt doesn't like them its a bit poxy to be honest

Why invite her then? I'm not having a dig at you btw, just if I had a "relative" who acted with complete and utter ****ness towards myself and other family members then there is no way in hell she would be allowed in my ass.
    That scratch-card fiasco, I'd have fcuked her out of it and tossed her out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ye should definintely have told her to fook off, and that if she went to the Gardai there was a roomful of witnesses that would contradict her story.

On the other hand, if it costs that to never see the bitch again it could be considered money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

What would she do if he won the Lotto with a present of a ticket ? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

bear1 wrote: »
    Why invite her then? I'm not having a dig at you btw, just if I had a "relative" who acted with complete and utter ****ness towards myself and other family members then there is no way in hell she would be allowed in my ass.
    That scratch-card fiasco, I'd have fcuked her out of it and tossed her out the door.
    Wait, what?

Billy86 wrote: »
    Wait, what?

Haha epic writing fail :D :pac:
    I meant in my HOUSE. Fecking hell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

bear1 wrote: »
    Haha epic writing fail :D :pac:

Writing fail or Freudian slip?

You decide.

Writing fail or Freudian slip?

You decide.

Suppose it depends how out of my mind on vodka I am :)
    May as well end those nights on a bang you know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PopRocks

Have had a good few stingy "friends"

One girl used to borrow money off me and then subtract the cost of anything she spent in relation to me from the cost of the loan. She owed me 20e once and paid me back one after a dinner I'd cooked for her. She brought a bottle of wine to the dinner for us to share and subsequently subtracted the 6e cost from the 20e debt.

She also wanted me to drink with her on my birthday and had bought a bottle as a present but then asked to borrow the money for her drink haha.

Another lad was doing a course in my town and my housemates and I were letting him stay in the house 5 or 6 days a week (He was there more than most of us) he never chipped in for food, helped tidy, ate anything we cooked but refused to share anything he bought to the point where if he had a slice of pizza left over he'd save it for the next day.

An ex of mine told me he was taking me out for dinner and paying for me and so on. When the bill came he paid for me... but I had to pay his share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Putting the remaining boiling hot water into a thermos. Lol are you taking the piss??

Someone once rang into Gerry Ryan with this tip to save electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ffs I just discovered this thread for the first time. All 236 pages of it. Just read the first 3 pages, took me over half an hour. This might take some time!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

PopRocks wrote: »
    Have had a good few stingy "friends"

One girl used to borrow money off me and then subtract the cost of anything she spent in relation to me from the cost of the loan. She owed me 20e once and paid me back one after a dinner I'd cooked for her. She brought a bottle of wine to the dinner for us to share and subsequently subtracted the 6e cost from the 20e debt.

She also wanted me to drink with her on my birthday and had bought a bottle as a present but then asked to borrow the money for her drink haha.

Another lad was doing a course in my town and my housemates and I were letting him stay in the house 5 or 6 days a week (He was there more than most of us) he never chipped in for food, helped tidy, ate anything we cooked but refused to share anything he bought to the point where if he had a slice of pizza left over he'd save it for the next day.

An ex of mine told me he was taking me out for dinner and paying for me and so on. When the bill came he paid for me... but I had to pay his share.

Why the fawwwk do people put up with this, especially in the house you're living in????!!!!!!
    How long did this carry on? Don't say a whole academic year...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PopRocks

Nope, he moved on to another friends place and then another and then another...
    It didn't just stop with him either, when he eventually got a girlfriend (a while after he'd vacated our house) he brought the girlfriend on the "sleepovers" too and would have sex with her in the hosts living room/guest room or wherever he was sleeping.

I'd like to say I learned from it all but as my mammy says, I'm a sucker for lost causes!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

Worked in a carvery restaurant years ago, seen the head chef actually climb inside of a huge rubbish compactor because he spotted someone had thrown a GOOD teaspoon in, also on another occasion seen him go in after 2 little pads of butter you get with your toast that hadn't been used

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Worked in a carvery restaurant years ago, seen the head chef actually climb inside of a huge rubbish compactor because he spotted someone had thrown a GOOD teaspoon in, also on another occasion seen him go in after 2 little pads of butter you get with your toast that hadn't been used

You mean after seen the rubbish compacter incident you went back?:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

My sister has posted about our brother in this thread before...

So today Christmas Eve, myself and himself decide to go do a bit of last min Christmas shopping. Normally i just drive cos he's like driving miss daisy to save fuel...
    I asked him to take a small detour so i could get some hot food in this petrol station that does nice food..
    He b*tched and moaned the whole way there about the wear and tear on his clutch...

He'd do all his Christmas shopping in Dealz if he could...1.49 presents:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Lets hear about all those dreadfully mean presents (from people who we know have decent incomes) posted here in the next few days.

There's bound to be some gems

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

My father got one toasted ham and cheese in mcdonalds and cut it in three for my little brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

My father got one toasted ham and cheese in mcdonalds and cut it in three for my little brothers

Jaysus...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

He must be a teacher....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

A toasted ham and cheese what :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Lets hear about all those dreadfully mean presents (from people who we know have decent incomes) posted here in the next few days.

There's bound to be some gems

My sister in law has form in this department. I'll fill yez in tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Ham and cheese toastie, their not great

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tronman

Lad I know used to buy the latest albums on tape cassette back in the day. Would coy it onto a blank tape and then bring it back to get his money back the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Cassette tape was a brilliant format in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

tronman wrote: »
    Lad I know used to buy the latest albums on tape cassette back in the day. Would coy it onto a blank tape and then bring it back to get his money back the next day.

I know a guy who, back in school like 10-15 years ago would copy CD albums and PC games and bring them back. He used to call it burn and return.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/r3GBOCt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

My brother re-used last year's Xmas wrapping paper this year.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 91 ✭✭batman88

Some of the people in the bargain alerts forum are hilarious.

Buy a paper for 2.35, cut out a coupon and get 2.65 off your shopping.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87319807

Starting new threads about saving 30 cent on 2 litres of milk.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88017598

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement