Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

cloud493 wrote: »
    Ham and cheese toastie, their not great

Whose not great?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Not Christmas but got a card off my Grandad there for my 30th Birthday, YAY Happy Birthday to me.

Anyhoo, the man has 13 houses all over the world, Just under €5 Million in the bank because he sold his Golf Magazine and €100k cars hanging out his hole.

I don't want nothing off the chap and none of the family will get nout off him anyway.

But a Fiver in the card. €5 stinkin euro.

Stingy CúNT

Sounds like you do want something off him.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Whose not great?

The goose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Sounds like you do want something off him.

No, Gave the fiver away

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Not Christmas but got a card off my Grandad there for my 30th Birthday, YAY Happy Birthday to me.

Anyhoo, the man has 13 houses all over the world, Just under €5 Million in the bank because he sold his Golf Magazine and €100k cars hanging out his hole.

I don't want nothing off the chap and none of the family will get nout off him anyway.

Stingy CúNT

Valuable lesson imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

sullivlo wrote: »
    I have lots of stories but I'm being stingy with them for now. But the post about the wrapping paper reminded me of this gem (from yesterday)

We have visitors for Christmas. Yeay etc etc etc. They arrived one arm as long as the other, no gifts purchased for anyone in my house, no offer of buying anything for the house / dinner / anything (we are having other guests for dinner who offered to pay for the turkey but when we said no insisted on buying some wine for dinner). It's not that the guests don't have money - they spent a clean fortune on gifts for each other. They just have very long pockets and short hands when it comes to certain things.

(Btw I'm not expecting them to pay / offer money / buy presents - if they offered I would thank them for their offer but say they are guests!)

If we go to visit their house (abroad) we buy at least the makings of a few nights dinner when we're there or wine and beer so they're not too out of pocket for hosting us.

Anywho. On Monday we were in town. I was helping them with Christmas shopping for their kids (long story). When we were in the queue to pay I grabbed two rolls of wrapping paper to bring home and stood to pay. Our guest grabbed the paper and said she would pay, save time etc. Great, fantastic, plenty of paper. Yesterday we were about to start wrapping the presents and I picked up a roll of the paper and was told "that's ours, can you not go buy some?"

They leave Friday. I bet they'll bring the paper with them.

Ah come on now, you're letting them away with this, they've called you on your stinginess with the paper (wrongly of course) hit them back .... Harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I know a fella who once bought his kids batteries with a note on them saying toys not included...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Stingy CúNT
    You are 30, not a schoolboy...do you seriously expect relatives to gift you money for your birthday?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

One of my friends is going out with a very stingy girl,a few months ago we were all at another friends house to meet up before we went to a concert.
    Stingyhole came in without any drink so I offered her a can of cider.as she was picking the can off the table,someone else offered her a glass of wine,she said she would rather a glass of wine instead & put the can of cider into her handbag!
    Its not like shes a broke student,shes 31 & has a well paying job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Maybe 1 per year. More people would move to different departments. No card/money for them.

Shamelessly stingy

I wouldnt give anyone from work any money at all unless I liked them or socialized with them outside of work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

^ Me either, but if I wasn't giving money I'd not sign the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Moved back home for awhile before, payed rent to the parents and such but one thing that really grinded my gears is when my dad said that I must start contributing to the sky sports bill, both being united fans I said he all ready has is it so why should I pay for something he has on top of everythin else I contribute to. So he cancels the whole package and we end up watchin sky sports news for most of the matches together.

Maybe I should of contributing and it was stingy on my behalf Or maybe he was being stingy for requesting me to pay for a facility he had and would use a hell of a lot more then me( he would watch every game of most sports).

I ended up spending more having to go pub to watch a and then I would spill run the bill for 3 months.

Since I moved he has hot it back in

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sirsok wrote: »
    Moved back home for awhile before, payed rent to the parents and such but one thing that really grinded my gears is when my dad said that I must start contributing to the sky sports bill, both being united fans I said he all ready has is it so why should I pay for something he has on top of everythin else I contribute to. So he cancels the whole package and we end up watchin sky sports news for most of the matches together.

Maybe I should of contributing and it was stingy on my behalf Or maybe he was being stingy for requesting me to pay for a facility he had and would use a hell of a lot more then me( he would watch every game of most sports).

I ended up spending more having to go pub to watch a and then I would spill run the bill for 3 months.

Like father, like son.

• Site Banned Posts: 91 ✭✭batman88

Sirsok wrote: »

Stream the games for free to piss him off next time ur back at the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Instead of just putting 50 diesel into the car my friend goes to 5 petrol statins and puts in €10.05 in each one and hands over a tenor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

TheBully wrote: »
    Instead of just putting 50 diesel into the car my friend goes to 5 petrol statins and puts in €10.05 in each one and hands over a tenor!

No, he doesn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

rawn wrote: »
    No, he doesn't...

He certainly does! I used yo travel the odd time sith him between sligo and ballina in the middle of winter, he wouldnt turn the heat on at all or go over 60mph to save on diesel

And spends the extra 5c worth going to each petrol station. What a dummy.

• Site Banned Posts: 50 ✭✭hatchets mcgovern

What a waste of time! For one, fifty in total will last longer. And that extra five cent is nothing. Tell you're friend hatchets said he is a chump.

One of my friends invited a cousin she barely sees to her wedding after her parents kicked up a fuss.

He showed up with his girlfriend (he wasn't given a +1, his invitation clearly apologised and explained they were trying to keep the numbers down) AND the girlfriends two children. To avoid drama on the day, they didn't say anything but they were fuming.

When she opened her wedding present, it was a knife sharpener - a manual one. And it was used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Surely hiring or convincing a singer to accompany you to get petrol is more hassle and expense that it is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Organising a family get together and charging people who turn up for your time ,phonecalls etc. Nobody asked her to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Surely hiring or convincing a singer to accompany you to get petrol is more hassle and expense that it is worth.
    Still, you won't stuck out in this cold weather waiting like an eejit for the guy to notice you and turn on the pump if you've got Paul Potts banging them out beside you on the forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

But he would have handed Paul Potts over at the first garage so would have nobody for the others.
    He would be better off bringing One Direction and he could dump one of them in each place.

But he would have handed Paul Potts over at the first garage so would have nobody for the others.
    He would be better off bringing One Direction and he could dump one of them in each place.

what in the name of moses are you talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

what in the name of moses are you talking about

The poster said tenor as in a male singer, as opposed to a tenner which is the generally accepted spelling meaning a ten euro note.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The poster said tenor as in a male singer, as opposed to a tenner which is the generally accepted spelling meaning a ten euro note.

Are you serious :rolleyes:

Are you serious :rolleyes:
    tenor
    ˈtɛnə/Submit
    noun
    noun: tenor; plural noun: tenors
    a singing voice between baritone and alto or countertenor, the highest of the ordinary adult male range.
    "the Serenade for tenor, horn, and strings"
    a singer with a tenor voice.
    a part written for a tenor voice.
    "several members of the party had been able to put in the tenor and the bass"
    an instrument, especially a saxophone, trombone, tuba, or viol, of the second or third lowest pitch in its family.
    "a tenor sax"
    the largest and deepest bell of a ring or set.
    noun: tenor bell; plural noun: tenor bells
    Origin

tenner
    ˈtɛnə/Submit
    nounBRIT.informal
    noun: tenner; plural noun: tenners
    a ten-pound note.

---

I'm going to go with yes, so...

Billy86 wrote: »
    tenor
    ˈtɛnə/Submit
    noun
    noun: tenor; plural noun: tenors
    a singing voice between baritone and alto or countertenor, the highest of the ordinary adult male range.
    "the Serenade for tenor, horn, and strings"
    a singer with a tenor voice.
    a part written for a tenor voice.
    "several members of the party had been able to put in the tenor and the bass"
    an instrument, especially a saxophone, trombone, tuba, or viol, of the second or third lowest pitch in its family.
    "a tenor sax"
    the largest and deepest bell of a ring or set.
    noun: tenor bell; plural noun: tenor bells
    Origin

tenner
    ˈtɛnə/Submit
    nounBRIT.informal
    noun: tenner; plural noun: tenners
    a ten-pound note.

---

I'm going to go with yes, so...

another sad act reply

• Advertisement

Hatchets McGovern ain't messing about, the English language don't got no chance!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement